News People mover now reopened!

ToTBellHop

Uh oh. Do they have any “top men” left?
They can push out TRON another month. Or give it to The Zach!
BE8F6525-34F8-4882-9D0B-BD7231179482.jpeg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This has become absolutely nutty. yesterday they say it will be opening and today they push back the date. We arrive in 44 days and I no longer have hope that this ride will be open. While of course I want the ride to be open properly, I'm befuddled that they haven't figured it out yet.
On the plus side it hasn’t been abandoned and there is a desire to get it open. I’m pretty confident we will see it open.

Chicken Guy

Has no one considered that this attraction might actually be fine and that Disney is just keeping it closed during COVID to avoid the logistical nightmare that would be operating this with social distancing?

Chicken Guy

That is not the case. They actually want this one open. They can sell more tickets with it open.
Listen, I love the peoplemover as much as the next guy, but let’s not act like it’s a make-or-break attraction for a vast majority of visitors. Even with its increased publicity in the fan community over the past decade, most park guests don’t bat a blind eye to it.

ToTBellHop

Listen, I love the peoplemover as much as the next guy, but let’s not act like it’s a make-or-break attraction for a vast majority of visitors. Even with its increased publicity in the fan community over the past decade, most park guests don’t bat a blind eye to it.
It has a VERY high capacity, which is important in park operation. If "most park guests don't bat a blind eye to it," why do most park guests ride it in a given day? More guests ride the PeopleMover per day than any other ride at WDW.

ToTBellHop

Who's holding out for TTA? Just wondering. I can see waiting for FOF/HEA. The bloggers/streamers who love TTA are still going to MK regularly.
There are days when MK runs out of park passes. They'd like to release more park passes. This would allow that. And yes, I realize that, as far as FL is concerned, they could increase to 100% capacity, but the company has decided on a lower percentage. However, it is a percentage of total capacity. This ride significantly raises total capacity.

_caleb

Once, while boarding the PeopleMover with my nephew (who was little at the time), I told him, "Be sure to buckle your seatbelt––this thing goes upside-down!" Of course, my nephew knew I was joking (especially when he saw that there were no seatbelts).

But the family standing behind us in line did NOT know this, and they heard my "warning" and took it quite seriously.

Apparently, they were extremely concerned about falling out during the upside-down portion of the ride and were upset that they could not find their safety restrains.

To that family–wherever they are: I'm sorry!

Chicken Guy

There are days when MK runs out of park passes. They'd like to release more park passes. This would allow that. And yes, I realize that, as far as FL is concerned, they could increase to 100% capacity, but the company has decided on a lower percentage. However, it is a percentage of total capacity. This ride significantly raises total capacity.
I don’t deny that it would marginally increase overall park capacity. I’m referencing how even in normal times, Cast Members can hardly manage the attraction’s load and unload process. Entire cars often pass by empty because they couldn’t load them quickly enough. Part of this is also because of the fact that Disney no longer operates the automatic ramp lift continuously, but stops and starts it to bring guests up in waves instead of in a continuous flow. There’s a disconnect between the loading bay and the main queue on the ground, and there are usually long gaps between loading waves. That’s not even considering COVID restrictions. Not only will a minuscule number of parties be allowed onto the loading bay at a time, but cast members also have to wipe down every single car. They don’t have a separate load/unload to do this like in Spaceship Earth or Haunted Mansion. COVID makes too much hastle for too little return on capacity increases.

ToTBellHop

I don’t deny that it would marginally increase overall park capacity. I’m referencing how even in normal times, Cast Members can hardly manage the attraction’s load and unload process. Entire cars often pass by empty because they couldn’t load them quickly enough. Part of this is also because of the fact that Disney no longer operates the automatic ramp lift continuously, but stops and starts it to bring guests up in waves instead of in a continuous flow. There’s a disconnect between the loading bay and the main queue on the ground, and there are usually long gaps between loading waves. That’s not even considering COVID restrictions. Not only will a minuscule number of parties be allowed onto the loading bay at a time, but cast members also have to wipe down every single car. They don’t have a separate load/unload to do this like in Spaceship Earth or Haunted Mansion. COVID makes too much hastle for too little return on capacity increases.
Nah. They'll manage just fine. If anything, COVID restrictions will help with loading: send one party up, wait 10 seconds, send another, and on and on.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Covid isn’t a factor with this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom