The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
If it's broke...
Donald-is-Missing-at-Gran-Fiest-Tour-1536x1152.jpg

TTA94

I wonder when we will hear a preview of WDWs Anniversary theme song? Shanghai and Hong Kong have very catchy theme songs for their Anniversaries going on now. “Magical Surprise” from Shanghai and “Love The Memory” from Hong Kong.

Last edited:

The Rocketeer

Speaking of songs...

It would be so nice to have a special 50th day-time parade that features songs like 'Remember the Magic' and 'Share a Dream Come True' mixed in with a new 50th song. Of course, utilizing that castle float that has stuck around for so long too. If not that then a temporary fireworks show could work using whatever song they come up with and having projections from attractions and parades that are long gone and the classics that are still here.

I am kind of shocked how they're not using any nostalgia angle for the marketing of the 50th. At least, not yet...

aladdin2007

Speaking of songs...

It would be so nice to have a special 50th day-time parade that features songs like 'Remember the Magic' and 'Share a Dream Come True' mixed in with a new 50th song. Of course, utilizing that castle float that has stuck around for so long too. If not that then a temporary fireworks show could work using whatever song they come up with and having projections from attractions and parades that are long gone and the classics that are still here.

I am kind of shocked how they're not using any nostalgia angle for the marketing of the 50th. At least, not yet...

I am too but so far nothing,,still early of course...but I'm not even sure those working there today would even know about anything nostalgic or would know enough to dig into previous loved songs and old material,:banghead: lets hope.

TTA94

Like the 40th ?

(Without a 40th theme or a proper parade of course) Hearing that audio at full blast on the park PA sent a chill.

I thought it was cool hearing the past parade audio and a remembrance of the past, but had they done it differently in a parade form it would have been better.

Last edited:

DoleWhipDrea

When Disneyland got their Main Street windows for the 50th, it was essentially just recycling to bring back a sorely missed tradition (the windows hadn’t celebrated new film releases in years.) The figures that were placed in the windows were the same ones that were utilized from their respective film releases being brought back. Now, of course, those windows have been updated to change scenes for different films and a few were swapped back to feature merchandise.

It would be lovely to see MK get a similar upgrade. It’s a more inexpensive way to put in *something* for the anniversary, and would in general be appreciated by guests.

brb1006

When Disneyland got their Main Street windows for the 50th, it was essentially just recycling to bring back a sorely missed tradition (the windows hadn’t celebrated new film releases in years.) The figures that were placed in the windows were the same ones that were utilized from their respective film releases being brought back. Now, of course, those windows have been updated to change scenes for different films and a few were swapped back to feature merchandise.

It would be lovely to see MK get a similar upgrade. It’s a more inexpensive way to put in *something* for the anniversary, and would in general be appreciated by guests.
I remember seeing an old video of Walt Disney World from 1975 which featured a window display of Bambi (since the film was re-released to theaters that year). It's somewhere in the Youtube Channel "RetroWDW".

TTA94

Interesting what Shanghai is doing with the lights on the lamp posts in their hub. They are not doing much for their Anniversary but I like what they are doing.

Bocabear

They did a very elaborate "Enchanted Windows" program featuring changing displays with animation and special effects. They are lovely... not just the same old crap we have been looking at for the last 20 years....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom