Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

RSoxNo1

Rivera is a garbage hotel. Disney went with a contractor that basically gave them a BOGO offer (Destino). Disney had DVC pay for Riviera. It's just simple towers. They created a room type that actually is the smallest room on property because of how strange the layout of the building is. No, Riviera looks like it was designed by a Las Vegas based hotel design firm. Because it was. It's not themed to anything. It's decorated.
On the plus side, in a few years they'll give it a character overlay.

tirian

You're certainly entitled to your subjective opinion. Just recognize it is subjective.
There are objective aspects: Objectively speaking, one can't argue that Beach Club and Boardwalk are walkable to Epcot, Riviera isn't.
Objectively speaking, one can't argue against the fact that Riviera rooms are bigger than Beach Club and Boardwalk rooms.
Objectively speaking, one can't argue against the fact that Riviera rooms have larger bathrooms with 2 showers.
Objectively speaking, can't argue against the fact that Riviera has fewer rooms than either Beach Club or Boardwalk.

You seem to focus on one thing, your subjective opinion on theming. That's fine, you're not alone. Some people will prefer the theming of Boardwalk or Beach Club, some will prefer the theming of Riviera.
Personally -- I love the theming of the Boardwalk itself, but I can't stand the theming of the actual Boardwalk hotel building. The lobby feels like a stuffy grandparent's house.
While I really like the Beach Club lobby, I find the rest of the resort theming to be bland and non-existent. Okay, it's a pastel blue beachy resort with Holiday Inn quality rooms.
I find Riviera theming to be sophisticated and generally consistent with the European models it is trying to emulate. (though the rooms are much nicer than you'd find in a European hotel).

View attachment 541981
View attachment 541982
View attachment 541983
View attachment 541984

Again, opinion will vary. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. To me, Riviera is so much better looking than Boardwalk.
Not to be argumentative — I don’t have time to keep up with these boards anymore — but if you don’t consider the classic, highly detailed Disney theming to be superior to mass-produced boxes from the new team, what made you become a Disney fan?

I also ask a similar question to people who refuse to watch anything older than Tangled.

Likewise, I struggle to understand the fans who cheer the ruined sightlines and preschool-ization of Epcot and Harmonious. What made them WDW fans in the first place?

I’m sincerely interested in your thoughts and not trying to be rude.

havoc315

Not to be argumentative — I don’t have time to keep up with these boards anymore — but if you don’t consider the classic, highly detailed Disney theming to be superior to mass-produced boxes from the new team, what made you become a Disney fan?

I also ask a similar question to people who refuse to watch anything older than Tangled.

Likewise, I struggle to understand the fans who cheer the ruined sightlines and preschool-ization of Epcot and Harmonious. What made them WDW fans in the first place?

I’ll answer ... despite the rudeness, lol.

I’ve been going to WDW for approximately 45 years.

And it has never ever been about lushly themed hotels. Why would anyone like a theme park destination based on how lavishly fake the hotels are?

The true original deluxe hotel wasn’t about fake theming— The Contemporary was just a gorgeous contemporary hotel.

I do like the Polynesian, but why would that be the reason I like or dislike WDW? If I really want a Hawaiian experience, I’ll go to Maui. The Polynesian doesn’t hold a candle. And my wife hated the Poly, not liking all the dark wood tones.

And apart from Poly, WL and AKL... the theming every place else is truly awful. I do like the Beach Club for the pool and the location, but the supposed theming makes me vomit. I went on many New England beach vacations over the years, and Beach Club is just a pastel Holiday Inn. Grand Floridian reeks of fake elegance.

I like Disney for the fun attractions, nostalgic characters, good customer service, and family fun and memories. It has nothing to do with “ooooh... the architecture of that building is a so-so copy of architecture I’d see in the Pacific Northwest!”

havoc315

And one final post on this subject --
Which of the following 2 rooms looks more "themed" and which looks more like a generic Hilton?

1616939434814.png

1616939500911.png

1616939649647.png

1616939676252.png

So which set of rooms is more richly themed, and which set of rooms looks more like a generic Marriott?

HarperRose

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Disone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom