DisneylandForward

Darkbeer1

I was wondering where the parking would go. So yeah, even less than what everyone is hyping up. So this is a big nothing burger.

I wouldn't say that.

For the long term, it is a big positive, as it will allow Disney to plan ahead, and have flexibility in future developments.

flutas

Original Poster
🤔 Well this is all a big load of nothing, am I right? ;)

I do find it interesting they are pointing to the exterior properties for this development, but the maps make sure to still have the esplanade to make it look like no eastern gateway project.

All in all, I agree with a lot of posters that this seems to be "public sentiment campaign" for a DLR zone 2.0. Rather than actual plans.

Darkbeer1

From the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce

>>Today, the Walt Disney Company unveiled DisneylandForward, a multi-year initiative to engage Anaheim residents and officials to update the Disneyland Resort’s development to meet present and future demands for an integrated, immersive entertainment and vacation experience. DisneylandForward will form the basis for future expansion of the Resort.

"This is exciting news, coming as the Resort Area begins to re-open,” said Todd Ament, President and CEO of the Anaheim Chamber of Commerce. "DisneylandForward’s vision means business growth, more and better jobs, and increased tax revenues to invest back into Anaheim’s neighborhoods.”

“The economic engine of Anaheim is about to become bigger and generate more opportunity and hope for the city,” said Ament.

The DisneylandForward initiative comes on the heels of Disney’s announcement that it will re-open the Disneyland Resort and Disney California Adventure on April 30, initially at limited capacity but expanding as the pandemic recedes.

If you would like to learn more about these exciting plans for the future, please visit the project website at DisneylandForward.com.<<

DavidNoble

I wouldn't say that.

For the long term, it is a big positive, as it will allow Disney to plan ahead, and have flexibility in future developments.

I think, yes, exciting developments will come out of it. People acting like it's a third gate (those were the original headlines I saw on Twitter) though are setting people up for disappointment when there are very little if any new attractions.

I wonder if they will consider building an expanded DTD across Disneyland Dr. and then knock down current-day DTD and expand DL and CA. Probably not, but a boy can dream.

I do find it interesting they are pointing to the exterior properties for this development, but the maps make sure to still have the esplanade to make it look like no eastern gateway project.

All in all, I agree with a lot of posters that this seems to be "public sentiment campaign" for a DLR zone 2.0. Rather than actual plans.

Agreed. It's not much of anything, yet. And probably not at the levels people are speaking on it today.

FigmentJedi

The mountain and dome building on the DCA half sure reminds me of something that was intended to be set in California and plays a role in that extended theme park lore that's getting turned into a Disney Plus show...

121-1024x453.png

BrianLo

It's an actual bona-fide master plan!

Sure we can be all pessimistic that it will never happen, but it's quite nice they maybe have a plan again.

I've never considered expanding Disneyland in such a manner, just DCA. But I really what what it does for the resort and adding the secondary entrances.

el_super

Pretty much.

I get that changing the resort plan seems like a big deal, but unless there is a big concession coming that Disney hasn't made clear yet, I can't see why the city would be against this or why they think they need the PR. Something tells me the home owners on the other side of Walnut don't have the teeth they once did, and the only group that would really be put out would be the other dining and retail locations (LOL GardenWalk again) that could lose more business.

el_super

Ok ray of sunshine. Hey didn’t you say the other day that eastern gateway wasn’t happening? How do you feel about that statement today? Your prediction is certainly trending unfavorably.

The eastern gateway was completely left out of this proposal. Even the space penned for DCA expansion is ... Not shown as such.

So yeah... Feeling pretty good about that statement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom