News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

RSoxNo1

Yes, I knew about the Jungle Cruise refurbishment before it was announced. Heck, I even alluded to it here before it was announced if you go through my post history.

There is an alternative. For both US Splash Mountains. But it’s likely that alternative will never see the light of day. And for what it’s worth, I actually prefer PatF over that other alternative. As far as a WDW-only alternative, I’m not sure at this point. I know the theme is still a problem with getting it to fit into Frontierland, but I don’t think much is going to change on that front. Besides, Splash Mountain’s placement never made sense in Frontierland anyway.
Any idea on the Jungle Cruise time frame? Selfishly worrying about my brother's favorite attraction on our late November / early December 2021 trip.

RSoxNo1

I'm assuming Jungle Cruise will be going before Splash Mountain given the fact its only 2 scenes being added/changed as opposed to a full on gut/rebuild.
Agreed. I would expect it to be anywhere between a 2 - 6 month refurb for Jungle Cruise. I figure we're likely safe going between Thanksgiving and Christmas but you never know.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I thought I read somewhere (possibly permits section) that a scrim was going to be erected in JC (california). They wouldn't need that of the attraction was going down for a lengthy refurb. To me that sounds like they'll run the attraction with that in place. Tacky if so. They might go down for a short time to train the cms on the new spiels and such.
It was mentioned that Splash and JC over in California will possibly be staying closed once the park reopens on the 30th. Its either an indication they're both retheming now over there, or both will go down before 2025 for Disneyland's 70th.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Premium Member
I have friends that work splash that are leads and trainers. They have been getting the call backs to work there. So it sounds like it will reopen. I don't think they'll wait that long for closures. With covid shutting most projects they would want something newish in the coming years. Jungle will definitely be first to change and reopen possibly this year. Splash for 22 and mickey/minnie slated for 23. But it's just a guess.
I'm assuming they'll want Splash, MRRR and Jungle done for 2025

Yert3

My understanding is that the parks still provide great entertainment value. What sucks is (a) having to wear masks, (b) having to wait in line, (c) having to social distance in M-n-Gs and restaurants, and (d) pay undiscounted prices to enjoy these restrictions.
I was a defender up until recently. Losing IllumiNations and Splash Mountain makes me question the judgment of current Disney.

TrainsOfDisney

I was a defender up until recently. Losing IllumiNations and Splash Mountain makes me question the judgment of current Disney.
Splash I can understand. Agree or disageee with the reason there is a reason to retheme it.

Harmonious at Epcot is a real head scratcher. All they needed to do was update Illuminations the way they have done for decades.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
For me Disney has three "Unforgivable Acts":
1. Retheme/ Close Splash Mountain
2. Retheme/Close The Haunted Mansion
3. Retheme/Close Expedition Everest.

I can tolerate/understand Splash changing. If the other 2 occur then Disney and I are done.

Yert3

Splash I can understand. Agree or disageee with the reason there is a reason to retheme it.

Harmonious at Epcot is a real head scratcher. All they needed to do was update Illuminations the way they have done for decades.

For me Disney has three "Unforgivable Acts":
1. Retheme/ Close Splash Mountain
2. Retheme/Close The Haunted Mansion
3. Retheme/Close Expedition Everest.

I can tolerate/understand Splash changing. If the other 2 occur then Disney and I are done.
My breaking point was IllumiNations. After that, I was done. I actually moved back to my hometown after only two years in Orlando after five years of planning to move there. That’s how upset I am about the direction Disney is going. And now that my all time favorite attraction, Splash Mountain, is going away, I really don’t find myself going back. At least for a long long time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom