News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Now I can say it.

Absolute idiots.
Your prior restraint was notable. 🤣
All this for a bar on legs.

Idiots.

Bitter doesn’t even come close. This decision makes JIYI seem like genius.

Idiots. There was so much potential.

They need every bit of shade and shelter they can get with West being removed.

Idiots.

Idiots. This and the lagoon are two of the biggest mistakes in theme park planning since the wannabes graduated.

Even more possibilities if they weren’t so idiotically short sighted. Even room for a few rocks and some fountains.

View attachment 526317

Or Idiot Jr.

As opposed to a covered, air conditioned space.

I wonder if they considered inclement weather shelter.

(Idiots)

montyz81

Indeed. IBM didn’t open in north west until 2013. Closed Jan 2015. The company had a huge blank canvas to play with but chose not to.
Being an IBMer at the time, I can tell you, the company didn't have a great deal of money to play with for spaces like this that mostly played to consumers. It was a very hard space to justified. I used that space as much as I could and even presented in the briefing area above Art of Animation for some IBM customers. It was quite an experience, but I had a very hard time justifying using the space because it was only once a year that I could get customers into that space.

HauntedMansionFLA

PHOTOS - Innoventions West demolition complete at EPCOT​

Epcot_Full_41319.jpg
Now get started on The Festival Center!!!❤️❤️❤️❤️

sedati

Now I can say it.

Absolute idiots.
Yes, why was such a view (the true geosphere) ever blocked? Unfortunately, we can now see that while they used to dress up their backstage structures better (Earth Station) they also put them front and center within the park. Trees should have flanked this windowless structure, not hidden the full view of Spaceship Earth. Communicore should have been pushed back towards the lagoon, or at the very least put its dining areas down by the legs so we could eat and enjoy the architectural marvel- instead, they designed those ends of the crescents as windowless backstage that ignored the big beautiful display right outside its opaque walls. As you say, idiots.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes, why was such a view (the true geosphere) ever blocked? Unfortunately, we can now see that while they used to dress up their backstage structures better (Earth Station) they also put them front and center within the park. Trees should have flanked this windowless structure, not hidden the full view of Spaceship Earth. Communicore should have been pushed back towards the lagoon, or at the very least put its dining areas down by the legs so we could eat and enjoy the architectural marvel- instead, they designed those ends of the crescents as windowless backstage that ignored the big beautiful display right outside its opaque walls. As you say, idiots.
Not really but hey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom