News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I'm guessing the bean counters are expecting there is some kind of goldilocks zone where they will be able to have pent up demand come out in the summer and restrictive enough operations to justify not opening anything until the next FY. Frankly, I would expect most nighttime shows to be mothballed until 10/1 as well.
10/1 is this fiscal year. Disney works on a week based fiscal year system, not a month based on like most companies; October 2nd will be the last day of Fiscal 2021.

JohnD

I think the bigger question is, will both Tron and Guardians open next year? Or will they push one back to 2023? Will they time TRON’s opening to Splash’s closing? Or will they close Splash early because “We don’t need that many E-Tickets right now. We’re Disney! They will pay anyways.”?
Or if Splash retheme is delayed indefinitely will they close SpaM for refurbishment as Tron opens?

Brer Oswald

my gut ... is if they can get both ready and running and nothing dramatic with the virus occurs they will do everything possible to open tron and guardians during the 18 month 50th anniversary and keep splash open until after. I think they wanted to do alot more for the 50th and at this stage just want to make it as big and grand as possible.
That being said they might close splash pirates jungle cruise space ship earth not reopen presidents and not have guardians or tron ready.
But why? Who’s coming to see these new attractions? Locals? In 2022, when international and distant domestic guests (hopefully) start to return, they’re going to have Star Wars Land, Mickey, and Ratatouille brand new to them. That’s just the people that haven’t been since 2019. There are also tons who haven’t been for a longer while, so Pandora and TSL might be new to them. Why blow their load when they can bring even more people back in 2023 and beyond, after their 2022 (50th celebration) trip.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The times of year when nobody comes anyway?

How is that gonna work?
If you thought September was usually dead, wait until you see....SEPTEMBER 2021!
  • Kids that people have been stuck at home with are FINALLY all actually in schools and sports and Girl Scouts and GD I’m not pulling them out I’m sick of them!
  • New things are about to open...but not yet!
  • A huge party is starting...next month!
  • Mandatory Masks in the summer heat? Probably the last month ever! Wanna come be a part of it?
  • Fireworks? Not yet! Probably next month!
  • Foreign visitors that make up a huge share of off-season guests? Yeah, still gone!
THAT is why I don’t understand this. And why I won’t be surprised if it changes. Once those kids are back to school in the south, it’s going to be a ghost town until October.

aliceismad

But why? Who’s coming to see these new attractions? Locals? In 2022, when international and distant domestic guests (hopefully) start to return, they’re going to have Star Wars Land, Mickey, and Ratatouille brand new to them. That’s just the people that haven’t been since 2019. There are also tons who haven’t been for a longer while, so Pandora and TSL might be new to them. Why blow their load when they can bring even more people back in 2023 and beyond, after their 2022 (50th celebration) trip.
This is exactly what I would expect. While folks who frequent Disney want to see all the things (I won't call them all attractions, ok?) open as quickly as possible, there are so many people who already have plenty that it "new" to look forward to. I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying it seems to be the way Disney chooses to proceed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think a soft opening will be in order for Aug/Sep to draw the crowds.
You can't have a soft opening without staff to run the attraction.

And they're not going to pay to have staff there in August to open a ride in October.

Soft Openings are for when a ride is finished early and the staff is fully trained early. Which is a few days to a week ahead of time.

The Rat staff have been trained (and redeployed) and the ride is finished. All the requirements to do a soft opening now. But since they're not doing a soft opening now... there's no reason to expect one later.

ppete1975

my opinion is they want it to be the biggest celebration in the parks history. And want to play every card they have. Esp with epcots 40th and MKS 50th overlapping

doctornick

You can't have a soft opening without staff to run the attraction.

And they're not going to pay to have staff there in August to open a ride in October.

Soft Openings are for when a ride is finished early and the staff is fully trained early. Which is a few days to a week ahead of time.

The Rat staff have been trained (and redeployed) and the ride is finished. All the requirements to do a soft opening now. But since they're not doing a soft opening now... there's no reason to expect one later.

They might do previews though. It wouldn't be crazy to see them do previews for AP or DVC, etc. which has happened before for new attractions.

havoc315

They might do previews though. It wouldn't be crazy to see them do previews for AP or DVC, etc. which has happened before for new attractions.

Previews and "soft openings" have an important benefit: Make sure there are no glitches on October 1st. Grand Opening is a media event, you want to make sure the ride is operating somewhat efficiently by then.

Imagine the October 1st headline for Disney's 50th Anniversary, "50th Anniversary Marred by Breakdown leaving guests stranded for hours on Disney's newest ride"

I'd therefore expect some level of operation before October 1st.. though it might just be a few hours, a few days before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom