What did you do?

Surferboy567

Tonight, I completed another maintenance run. Still watching my knee it is doing way better but just want to give it a little more time before I attempt running. Walked the entire maintenance run, plan on trying to run the next maintenance run. Less then a 5K distance all done on the treadmill. Here are the stats for tonight’s maintenance run.

Time: 42:38
Distance: 2.58
Avg Pace: 16:29

EDIT: After tonight’s run, their is something I neglected to mention. Toward the end of my walk I felt a little wobbly on my knee. After thinking about it, it probably isn’t the best idea to push it and risk re-injury I will see how I feel but I think continuing to walk may be the best course of action. I really don’t want to put myself in a bad position and hurt myself. Then I really won’t be able to run the race, so I am going to continue to do my mileage but take it easy. I still hope to run by the end of the week but if I continue to feel like this I will keep walking till I feel like I can run again.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Tonight, I completed another maintenance run. It was done on the treadmill, and I walked the entire maintenance run. I am now at the point that I feel like I can run again, so I may try running again as part of my long run on Sunday. I will keep judging how my knee feels. Less then a 5K distance tonight.

Time: 42:38
Distance: 2.66
Avg Pace: 16:02

JillC LI

Hi folks. Still here and running. Also still recovering from my fall on that damn umbrella stand. It's been 6 weeks and I still have quite a lot of muscle pain behind my thigh where I landed on the point. I'm still running through the pain (not sure if that's smart but I am), but my leg refuses to lift as fast as I keep telling it to so my pace has slowed by about a minute per mile! That's insane to me because I feel like I'm telling it to move the normal pace. I've found some exercises to strengthen the area so hopefully that will help with the healing.
Participated in my second POW 50k (or as the organizer puts it, “the world’s longest 50k!” because, at 34 miles, it’s actually 54.7!), at a former army camp in the Carolina foothills that turned into a state park. I ran with my Bud (abbreviated Budweiser) cap in memory of my grandpa Bud who was a POW for a period in WWII and then celebrated drinking one after the finish.

I don’t think my legs have ever been this sore, it was 34F (high of 36!) and rained about 80% of the day, so the the 8.5 mile loop was ankle deep water and mud (or deeper) for the majority of the course (not an exaggeration) and got sloppier and slipperier with each loop as a hundred or so runners churned it up!

In dry conditions, I figured it would probably be an 8 hour event for me with all the elevation change (although, I did manage to keep that pace for two laps 😁), but turned into about 9:30:00 and I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy to take a bath and collapse in bed once I got back home!

Lot’s of fun, but I think I’m going to take a few days off, haha!
Congratulations!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
New runDisney magicband posted today!

New bands added today -

FDFF441A-E139-4603-B0C1-CC0C38405780.png

Surferboy567

Today, I completed a maintenance walk. After 7 weeks of being inside on the treadmill I am happy to report that I finally got back outside to walk today. It felt so good/weird to not be on a moving belt. I hope to continue my training outside when I can (weather permitting). This was also the first time I took my new shoes outside, they felt great better I think then on the treadmill (which is kinda the point of running shoes). This was a short walk little less then a 5K distance in preparation for my long run tomorrow. Here are the stats for today’s maintenance walk.

Time: 47:39
Distance: 3.01
Avg Pace: 15:49

Side Note: It’s really nice to have a GPX file again.

I’ve thought about it and I think for tomorrow’s long run the plan is to run it outside. Since this will be my first run since my injury I want to take it easy. Being that this long run is 11 miles I plan to run the first 3-4 miles depending on how I am feeling. Then walking the rest of the run. I don’t feel like it would be wise to run 11 miles on my first run back from injury so I am going to take it easy. That being said I still plan on getting my mileage in for training. It even says you can take these long runs slow (which I admit, I haven’t probably leading to injury). My walking speed is actually kind of similar to what the magic mile said my long run pace should be. I plan on doing the virtual Star Wars Half Marathon hopefully sometime in the next two weeks as part of my training.

EDIT: This is also my first maintenance walk of this training plan.

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Been going for long walks a few times a week (with a friend in the neighborhood who doesn’t run) and today got out for a run. I think the total distance run was just under 2.7 miles but the total distance (I walked until my GPS was ready) would have been a bit over 3.

Surferboy567

Today I completed another long run. This has been my longest run since Princess, also the longest run to date in my new running shoes. Since this was my first time running since the injury I wanted to take it easy but still get my mileage in. I accomplished this by running the first 3.5 miles then walking till I reached the halfway point where I ran another 2.5 miles and then walked the rest. Today’s run was 11 miles and out of those I did 6 at my normal steady pace of about 12:37. For the remaining part of the run I walked at a slow pace to avoid any kind of knee issue. After this, I believe I can get back to normal training starting next week. Here are the stats for today’s long run. Less then a half marathon distance.

Time: 02:47:21
Distance: 11.01
Avg Pace: 15:11

Side Note: The run was recorded correctly but for some strange reason the map wasn’t generated and that also means their is no GPX file. Not a big deal happens from time to time thought I’d mention it though.

Surferboy567

This morning starts a new week of training and I am happy to say I am back to training outside and like I was before my injury. Today, I completed another maintenance run little more then a 5K distance.

Time: 42:43
Distance: 3.35
Avg Pace: 12:44

Nice weather this morning, temperatures are starting to rise it was getting to be hot by the end of the run. If everything goes as planned, and I am still feeling good the plan is to run the Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon next Sunday. It actually really works out with my training. Weather permitting of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom