News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

TrojanUSC

I’m not crazy about the Poly rooms, but any defense of the Riviera is.......misguided. The bones of that resort are lovely, but the “theming” is an absolute jumbled mess.

Truly. The building itself looks like it was designed by someone who has never even Googled what the Riviera looks like, let alone actually gone there. The bland paint job is even worse.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Right, it very much does depend on the market but I feel that Disney's product is a step below what others are offering in CFL.

Not to beat a dead horse but they are putting rugs down in the suite level rooms (new rooms at DAK Lodge pictured) so I'm 100% convinced it's a cheapness thing - they want to turn their rooms faster using less labor so have removed anything that isn't nailed down or requires maintenance.

animal-kingdom-lodge-q2-standard-room-double-16x9.jpg

Suites get the rugs, runners and themed throw pillows that should be standard in every room.

Such disrespect for the guest that sleeps on the far side of the far bed having to walk half on carpet and half on bare floor!!

1615254746278.png

dreday3

Truly. The building itself looks like it was designed by someone who has never even Googled what the Riviera looks like, let alone actually gone there. The bland paint job is even worse.

Aren't you guys kind of saying the opposite of each other?

The poster you quoted said the bones are lovely but theming is a mess. And aren't you saying the bones are a mess?

Unless bones doesn't mean structure?

drnilescrane

Well, they've been to *a* Monte Carlo...

Marnell is their new go-to for everything - the DLH DVC Tower is next in the pipeline.

It's a shame the DLR 4th hotel and its twin Reflections got canceled, they were going to go balls to the wall luxury (well, for Anaheim) with them per Chakek mandate:

c1_TEAL.jpg

It's amazing what you can find hiding in plain sight on the internet...

RSoxNo1

Movielover

Well, they've been to *a* Monte Carlo...

Marnell is their new go-to for everything - the DLH DVC Tower is next in the pipeline.

It's a shame the DLR 4th hotel and its twin Reflections got canceled, they were going to go balls to the wall luxury (well, for Anaheim) with them per Chakek mandate:

c1_TEAL.jpg

It's amazing what you can find hiding in plain sight on the internet...
Ok I really like this as a hotel for Disneyland. Really digging the look of the lights under the bed, might have to steal that for home!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I feel the same way. For example, why not get Josh Agle to produce some original pieces for the rooms and maybe also have a hand in the design? They can even merchandise all of those things for high markups in their gift shops.

Of all the resorts, this theme seems the best to appeal to cashed-up adults. Particularly with Trader Sam's right there.
Q: How do you know you spent too long at Trader Sam's?

A:
When you start talking to the Maui on your wall in your room... and he starts talking back!

Bocabear

So much could have been done with the idea of "The Riviera" as the theme... It could and should have been another thematic marvel, but we have all shown them that we don't care and are willing to shell out premium prices for slightly above average accommodations.
It's not that they can't do better... They feel they don't have to anymore...

Touchdown

So much could have been done with the idea of "The Riviera" as the theme... It could and should have been another thematic marvel, but we have all shown them that we don't care and are willing to shell out premium prices for slightly above average accommodations.
It's not that they can't do better... They feel they don't have to anymore...
Indeed, see the Portifino Hotel at Universal.

Bocabear

i bet it is going to be MUCH higher than that... When I was at Disney a few weeks ago the place was mobbed... By July more restrictions will have been lifted and I guarantee there will be lots of people willing to pay that rack rate...

Skywise

i bet it is going to be MUCH higher than that... When I was at Disney a few weeks ago the place was mobbed... By July more restrictions will have been lifted and I guarantee there will be lots of people willing to pay that rack rate...
Hey you just got out from under Covid quarantine - what are you doing?!

Im Going to Disneyworld!

(They wouldn't... would they?)

Any estimations for when the ceremonial house may reopen?

Made a DVC reservation for first week in august and realizing that might be iffy. Hope it's not still a disaster then.

Skywise

I can stay at a penthouse room in vegas with his and her bathrooms for that price! 😭

:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom