SPOILERS: WandaVision Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

mf1972

i thought the episode was ok. after reading some fan theories, i was wondering if there was another villain behind the scenes. i guess maybe they’ll tie that in with dr strange 2. only thing i felt disappointing was i felt the episode was a bit rushed, but otherwise ok

UNCgolf

I was disappointed by the ending. The first few episodes of sitcom pastiche were absolutely brilliant, and the sitcom stuff in later episodes was excellent as well, but it pivoted into a small, mostly by the book MCU film for the last couple of episodes. There were too many ultimately superfluous characters, for one -- Darcy and Dottie were two of the biggest, but there were others. More importantly, though, it was a bit too predictable. There was nothing remotely surprising about what happened in the final episode. I would have preferred to see Agatha not actually evil, or White Vision have Ultron inside, or any number of other things to shake things up (although something like Ultron almost certainly wasn't going to happen in a Disney+ show).

It certainly wasn't bad, and I enjoyed the show overall, but I think in the end it didn't quite live up to the highs of the first few episodes.

Also, the "They'll never know what you sacrificed for them" line was so absurdly out of touch with what happened I actually laughed. She held a whole town hostage, controlled their minds, and kept their children locked away. She made them sacrifice for her.

Last edited:

Jedijax719

Part of me wonders if they made the finale "lightweight" because they came up with the idea of a second season while filming later episodes of the first. We have White Vision floating around. We have Wanda and the Darkhold with her twins' voices. We have Agatha saying that Wanda may need her. We still have SWORD, Jimmy, and Darcy around. Heck, we can even bring in Skrulls as I'd hope Monica would play a role.

I HIGHLY doubt that Dr. Strange 2 will delve into Wanda's personal life. It's not going to be centered on Wanda. They could leave the loose ends of Wandavision tucked away for a rainy day. I'm expecting that we'll get an announcement about a second season this summer. Calling it "Wandavision" won't work as that ship has sailed. But why not something like 'Wanda's Vision".

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Right? It looked like half of the episode was filmed on a Universal Studios back lot. It was so obvious but I guess not really if you're not that familiar.

Funny that you say it's way too long when majority's complaints were that the episodes generally were too short.
That same town has looked more realistic in other movies and shows. here it looked too much like a fake town. it stood out and was distracting. it looked like a movie set instead of a real town in anywhere usa let alone new jersey.

sedati

As a whole, I loved this show and found it both genuinely moving and something to look forward to each week. With Buffy the Vampire being my favorite show of all time, I missed being on this kind of genuine roller coaster with genuine laughs and well-earned tears set in a world where anything can happen.
I loved it not quite 3000, but let's say about 2600 (I loved it Atari!)
Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 9.57.35 PM.png

UNCgolf

That same town has looked more realistic in other movies and shows. here it looked too much like a fake town. it stood out and was distracting. it looked like a movie set instead of a real town in anywhere usa let alone new jersey.

I thought that was probably intentional, or at least didn't detract from anything. It was essentially a fictional town she created based off TV sitcoms. Makes sense that it wouldn't feel like a real place.

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I thought that was probably intentional, or at least didn't detract from anything. It was essentially a fictional town she created based off TV sitcoms. Makes sense that it wouldn't feel like a real place.
no westview was a real town. even at the end when it all goes back to normal still looked like a movie set.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Also I am so tired of characters coming back to life and ruining the great original endings they had. Vision lives, Loki is alive, We got past Gamora running around in the present somewhere. No one stays dead and its starting to make me roll my eyes.

BrianLo

Also I am so tired of characters coming back to life and ruining the great original endings they had. Vision lives, Loki is alive, We got past Gamora running around in the present somewhere. No one stays dead and its starting to make me roll my eyes.

67 Marvel characters have died, you're kind of over-focusing on the ones that are "sort of alive" but not really. Four if you include Groot.

Loki and particularly the Gamora that we knew are still dead. The later of which I find particularly tragic since her entire crew was off screen for it.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Reactions after about an hour or two of processing my thoughts:

The Good:
  • Love Wanda's Scarlet Witch hair and headpiece. General outfit is a thumbs up.
  • The Ship of Theseus discussion - I'm so nerdy I loved that random fast philosophy discussion (Thought experiment: Disneyland as a Ship of Theseus - is it still the same?)
  • Best part of episode for me was the mid-credits scene - because the best part of this series for me was Monica, Jimmy and Darcy (who barely got a moment here in the last episode - boo!) - I was edge of my seat for that one scene

The Rest:
  • Okay, so White Vision is still around. I'm not invested in him and it undermines the value of the original death. Think even James Gunn recently weighed in on the lack of true consequences in comic book stories if characters don't stay dead and death doesn't matter. I teared up during the goodbye scene because #paulbettany but I wasn't sobbing-devastated because it wasn't the real good-bye, which they'd had in Infinity War and this... stole away that impact.
  • Wanda just lets her kids and Vision disappear with the end of the spell without protest. You might argue that it shows her progress in dealing with her grief, and her remorse about what she did to the townspeople, but it didn't feel totally earned. And then the kids are screaming from the Darkhold in the tag scene? Felt... messy. (Also, I'm blanking: where was "thank you for choosing me to be your mother" taken from? I know I've heard that before. There's Star Trek: The Next Generation's "The Child", but I think somewhere else in genre TV and film, too?)
  • What was even the point of Evan Peters in this if they were just going to Mandarin/Mysterio him? This is the third time of "nope, never mind, not really a powerful super villain after all" and second time it turns out to be an actor. I love Evan Peters madly as a performer but he can do so much better than just getting a paycheck for showing up. He should *matter*.
  • Agnes is mind-fracked but she's still around in case they ever want to go back to her. But there was so much back and forth with her as 'she's bad' 'she's messing with you' 'or maybe she's helping you' 'no, she's bad' 'is she messing with you?' 'don't throw me in there - psych' (I'd make a Song of the South Brer Rabbit reference here but I don't want to offend anyone) - that by the end of it I really didn't care what happened to her besides that they (correctly) use the 'hex on the wall' since she doesn't seem important after all, just villain-of-the-week.
  • We still don't know who Jimmy's missing witness was.
  • Dottie was no one after all.
  • My literal vocal reaction at the end of the end credits tag and the end of the series was: hmm.
  • I guess the takeaway for Doctor Strange 2 will be White Vision is alive and Wanda is fully Scarlet Witch, has the Darkhold and is trying to get her kids out of some other dimension because something bad is clearly happening to them. That could have been accomplished in two or three hours. Feels like half of this show was done just because they had a cute idea for a way to make a Marvel sitcom.
  • I expect Falcon & Winter Soldier to excite me more. And hoping Loki will be best yet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom