News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

Parker in NYC

no I’m not a fan because I don’t think it’s necessary and I’m guessing the budget won’t match what’s needed to do the ride justice.

Attractions are different than I place I’m going to be sleeping at. A hotel room should always be fresh and clean. They weren’t.
But see, that's where we differ. To me, Disney is far more than rides. It's a collective experience. Alas, those days are gone. So, of course it's the reason we get bad things.

And I agree about the budget, though.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
"Disney is bad because they don't offer the same finishes you can get at other highly-priced hotels."
"Disney is bad because they offer the same finishes you can get at other highly-priced hotels."
"Disney is bad because they Disney-fi everything."
"Disney is bad because they insufficiently Disney-fi everything."

- Same people

Chomama

it’s like people that don’t see a difference between $50 jeans and $300 jeans. Sorry not sorry.
Are you saying that if somebody pays $300 for a pair of jeans They should not expect some thing of chai or quality than if they had paid $50? And by that logic if I pay $200 for a hotel room I should expect the same quality as a $50 hotel room? If I am paying $600 a night to stay at the Polynesian I expect the hotel to be nicer than Port Orleans. In fact I expect it to be nicer than it is anyways. Most hotel rooms that cost $400-$600 a night or twice as nice as anything on Disney property and I think it is reasonable to expect more for your money if you are paying a higher price. Am I misunderstanding what you’re trying to say?

Chomama

"Disney is bad because they don't offer the same finishes you can get at other highly-priced hotels."
"Disney is bad because they offer the same finishes you can get at other highly-priced hotels."

- Same people
I can confidently say that Disney does not offer the same finish you can get an any highly priced hotel. At any of their hotels. For the price you were paying you cannot find hotels off property with such cheap finishes.

UNCgolf

- Same people

Definitely different people. I've never seen anyone espousing both of those positions.

Rteetz

One less person in line, amirite?
Sure whatever. I’m just not sure anything Disney would do would please everyone. That’s impossible really. Disney could have went even more in on the Moana theme. I think this was done well. Some may not agree but I’m more likely to stay at the poly now than before (not that I have the money to anyways).

Parker in NYC

- Same people
"Disney is bad because they charge $700+ rooms for pretty basic rooms that Disney apologists call "luxurious."
"Disney is bad because if we're comparing them to other highly-priced rooms, they're not doing their job."
Your third point is right!
Your fourth point is... who's saying that?

UNCgolf

It is my understanding from a former CM - who was in a role where I am pretty sure that he would know - that Poly and GF have the lowest occupancy rates and CR isn’t far behind. The values sell out every night and the moderates all have better occupancy rates than the Deluxes. I do not pretend to be an insider on virtually anything; I am relaying a very specific conversation I had once.

Wouldn't be surprising since they are tremendously overpriced.

kong1802

Facepalm. To me, the room is napalm.

Dang Parker!

We agree on most things, but we found our first disagreement.

I haven't been a fan of the most of the remodels, but this one I like.

Only stayed at Poly once, for two nights, in October 2018. Thought the rooms were a little dated and wasn't really worth the money.

Does this make it worth it to pay $600 a night to stay? Nope. I wouldn't, but I do think it makes the rooms better.

I do understand the people wanting a more deluxe experience and now thinking this is a little tacky for their taste. No argument there. I just don't think any WDW hotels are really deluxe in the true sense of the word, which is why I guess this doesn't bother me.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Your fourth point is... who's saying that?
The vast majority of people in this thread and every thread when there's a resort-wide room refurb. "They took all of the Disney details out and made it into a generic Marriott" is a much more widespread complaint than "they put too much 'Disney' into it and went overboard on characters and the like."

Those things can't both be true.

Parker in NYC

Dang Parker!

We agree on most things, but we found our first disagreement.

I haven't been a fan of the most of the remodels, but this one I like.

Only stayed at Poly once, for two nights, in October 2018. Thought the rooms were a little dated and wasn't really worth the money.

Does this make it worth it to pay $600 a night to stay? Nope. I wouldn't, but I do think it makes the rooms better.

I do understand the people wanting a more deluxe experience and now thinking this is a little tacky for their taste. No argument there. I just don't think any WDW hotels are really deluxe in the true sense of the word, which is why I guess this doesn't bother me.
But it's way more than $600, kong! Yes, I was all for a Poly refurbishment. I think I found a hair from one of Lucille Ball's old wigs in the bathroom sink on my last visit. But this isn't at all what I was hoping for. I mean, I wasn't hoping for the best at this point... but you know what I mean.

Parker in NYC

The vast majority of people in this thread and every thread when there's a resort-wide room refurb. "They took all of the Disney details out and made it into a generic Marriott" is a much more widespread complaint than "they put too much 'Disney' into it and went overboard on characters and the like."

Those things can't both be true.
The only room they made into a generic and limp Marriott is the Grand Floridian. And at those prices, would a JW Marriott be too much to ask?

kong1802

But it's way more than $600, kong! Yes, I was all for a Poly refurbishment. I think I found a hair from one of Lucille Ball's old wigs in the bathroom sink on my last visit. But this isn't at all what I was hoping for. I mean, I wasn't hoping for the best at this point... but you know what I mean.

You got your money's worth then!

All I got was loud neighbors and a feeling of, dang, this $1200 dollars could have been used better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom