News Refurbishment coming soon to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort - Moana details to be included

jaxonp

Walt Disney World fans are what we call the unpleasable fan base. Most of the people complaining here are just bitter Disney continues to power through in the modern world and not stay stuck in 1971.

i agrée for thé most part. I hate what Disney is doing to Epcot but on the flip side the resorts have continually been updated and maintained when they probably don’t have to. Most of the Disney fan base can’t accept change and probably never will. Disney is trying to strike a balance between the casual visitor and the hardcore fan. Taking that into account, they’ve done well here at the Poly.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Not true. But there are ways to enhance and evolve while doing things tastefully. Especially for the prices. Maybe if these rooms were $200 cheaper (you know, before discounts), I'd be more lenient. That goes for prices across the place. But folks will pay ANYTHING. So, most of us "unpleasable" fan are outnumbered. But still, even those lamenting Splash Mountain which is also adapting to the modern world will continue to go.
IIRC the Poly had either the lowest occupancy rate or one of the lowest occupancy rates at WDW. Hence the DVC conversion, hence the tear apart.

Touchdown

The Polynesian always looked incredibly tacky, I think this is an improvement. However I do echo the concerns over WL, I loved those rooms and from the sneak peak i got through the construction walls while going to WCC, I’m not impressed. The main light fixture opposite the patio door is hideous, and the colors evoke the Southwest US, not the Northwest. However, I’ll reserve judgment until they are finished.

UNCgolf

Everything Disney has done in regards to resort updates, except perhaps the Riveria, has been tasteful and fresh. But, again when you have people comparing this to a value resort, you know the intelligence isnt' there to begin with 🤣

If "tasteful and fresh" means generic, then yes, I'd agree.

At the very least, though, you can't call these rooms generic.

jaxonp

Everything Disney has done in regards to resort updates, except perhaps the Riveria, has been tasteful and fresh. But, again when you have people comparing this to a value resort, you know the intelligence isnt' there to begin with 🤣

it’s like people that don’t see a difference between $50 jeans and $300 jeans. Sorry not sorry.

Parker in NYC

i agrée for thé most part. I hate what Disney is doing to Epcot but on the flip side the resorts have continually been updated and maintained when they probably don’t have to. Most of the Disney fan base can’t accept change and probably never will. Disney is trying to strike a balance between the casual visitor and the hardcore fan. Taking that into account, they’ve done well here at the Poly.
How's that Splash Mountain problem going for you? I can't imagine where you stand on it.

HuffsAhoy

In the Parks
No
If "tasteful and fresh" means generic, then yes, I'd agree.

At the very least, though, you can't call these rooms generic.
There is nothing generic about this. Maybe you should take a trip to the local Days Inn this weekend and report back.

jaxonp

I wouldn’t be surprised if the biggest complaint about the poly was the rooms. The resort itself is wounderful. The rooms were always the least memorable part of the experience. That said, we love the dvc studios, mostly for the extra bathroom

Parker in NYC

I wouldn’t be surprised if the biggest complaint about the poly was the rooms. The resort itself is wounderful. The rooms were always the least memorable part of the experience. That said, we love the dvc studios, mostly for the extra bathroom
But it's 5 minutes from Magic Kingdom! Although, ferries and monorails never got me there that fast.

jaxonp

No! Gobsmacked. So, you realize that you're now in the can't-stand-the-changes camp, yes? It's led to 10 threads and thousands of posts?

no I’m not a fan because I don’t think it’s necessary and I’m guessing the budget won’t match what’s needed to do the ride justice.

Attractions are different than I place I’m going to be sleeping at. A hotel room should always be fresh and clean. They weren’t.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Is this really true?
It is my understanding from a former CM - who was in a role where I am pretty sure that he would know - that Poly and GF have the lowest occupancy rates and CR isn’t far behind. The values sell out every night and the moderates all have better occupancy rates than the Deluxes. I do not pretend to be an insider on virtually anything; I am relaying a very specific conversation I had once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom