News Reflections of Earth confirmed to be replaced by Harmonious

Inspired Figment

That name evoked a picture in my head, and I had to try and share it (as best I can in 20 minutes late on a Sunday.)

Minus the fact the arm is on the wrong side, I tried to keep it scaled as well based on the best image I could find from the side.

View attachment 536395

My new nickname for the show is Nessie.
Aww, why associate that monstrosity with Nessie? She was a sweetheart.
48036CE6-7174-4A12-AFA9-81BAAB816544.jpeg

Anyway.. “Nessie” aside, that photo is brilliant. It’s a hulking monster of horror alright. 🤣😂😂 Then again, what else would you expect by clean shaven Bob “Mcfroogal” Chapek as a way of revenge.
77294F78-E8A3-45AD-A433-8DAC9FDB715B.jpeg

Last edited:

matt9112

I feel like the bobs should go to some kind of sight line seminar....like all those fancy workshops im sure they have been to but for sightlines....

DreamfinderGuy

Man Did I call this or what??
Nobody here is claiming the current bridge would be gone by now if it weren't for COVID. One look at the concept art shows it's still there. And even if it weren't and they for whatever reason decided to move it 20 feet to the right, the ring still isn't aligned with The American Adventure.

Figments Friend

That name evoked a picture in my head, and I had to try and share it (as best I can in 20 minutes late on a Sunday.)

Minus the fact the arm is on the wrong side, I tried to keep it scaled as well based on the best image I could find from the side.

View attachment 536395

My new nickname for the show is Nessie.

The sillouette immediately made me think of this title instead -

'Attack of the Horseshoe Crabs'...!

;)

-

Brenthodge

Reminiscing and watching tapestry of nations this morning brings to mind a thought. If they had leaned into the fact that wanted these HUGE and ops would eventually veto the plan to move them out each day (if that really ever was a plan, looking doubtful), why didn’t they alter course a big and actually design them with that in mind. The drum units from TON were beautiful, but had a lot of similarities to these monsters now. If they played up the “compass motif” that they keep referencing and made it intentional and beautiful that they were out, would we complain as much ? If they actually centered the composition and made it look celebratory during the day? If the center unit actually looked like a compass and framed a view instead of impending on one? If the center unit broke apart during the day and shifted out a bit into 4 sections? So many what ifs. If only the design team had adapted to their reality. That single minded focus is what also scares me about the actual content of this show.

Figments Friend

Those waterside dining establishments are going to be a tough sell during the daytime since the lagoon views have been decimated visually.

Of course, perhaps they will do booming business in the evening hours and make up all the lost revenue they could have been collecting during the day....but wouldn't 'selling' it all day long plus evening make better sense?

There are just so many aspects of this that are fundamentally 'wrong' from both a Ops standpoint and a Guest standpoint.
Someone REALLY did not think this through when the slapdash decision was made to upscale the size of the barges.
They should have remained their originally intended dimensions.

-

Brenthodge

Those waterside dining establishments are going to be a tough sell during the daytime since the lagoon views have been decimated visually.

Of course, perhaps they will do booming business in the evening hours and make up all the lost revenue they could have been collecting during the day....but wouldn't 'selling' it all day long plus evening make better sense?

There are just so many aspects of this that are fundamentally 'wrong' from both a Ops standpoint and a Guest standpoint.
Someone REALLY did not think this through when the slapdash decision was made to upscale the size of the barges.
They should have remained their originally intended dimensions.

-
And possibly supplement with additional elements that moved on an off during the show, but that is additional show cost. Easier to make giant things that park and do an automated show. Way less labor.

mgf

When this is turned on as a fountain during the day, is the water likely to cover the infrastructure? Considering how dark is it?
Also, what about wind? It seems like fountains at this scale would send a lot of mist flying?

(I know this was a problem at FoN also, but it is also probably part of the reason it got nixed in the redesign.)

ETA: I have not seen this in person so they may be far enough out this will not be a problem.

MrPromey

Funny how in their concept illustration, they don't even try to pretend like the fountains will fully cover them. That can't be a great sign.

I'm thinking that rather than hide them behind fountains of water that bring energy to the lake, the hope is that them spitting water will in some way justify their (off-center) placement out there during the day. Like, we'll still see them, they'll still be ugly but instead of pyro/lighting equipment, they'll look like weird, poorly designed fountains that don't appear to have any reason to exist, instead.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom