Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

It’s not counterproductive...it’s ignoring those that have been wrong this whole time and trying to stay the course with the “intelligent majority”

If you are still whining about mitigation at this point...your skull is thick and you just don’t get it.

He’s old...but not stupid. The administration approach is similar: hedge their bets and not get caught overpromising or directly leading people to another spike.

The logic to that approach is sound...not everyone is gonna agree.

Last I checked - that never happens anyway.
But the inclination to avoid overpromising on the vaccine in particular is going to have adverse effects. In order to get loads of people to TAKE the vaccine, they need to be hyping up how awesome the vaccine is and how it's the path back to normal.

Also, as a conservative Republican who was Trump-agnostic for four years and Trump-horrified once he started the "Stop the Steal" nonsense, my belief in any "intelligent majority" is long gone.

DisneyDebRob

Devils advocate; your health may not, but your wallet (I.e tax burden and insurance costs) does ;)
It’s been that way since the beginning of time. People will do what they want.. eat.. smoke.. whatever and our bottom line of insurance costs and more taxes will always be there.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well we're on day 348 of "15 Days to Slow the Spread" so...
Sadly, some people still haven’t started day 1....as someone who has actually followed recommendations for 348+ days I’m definitely ready to put this thing behind me and go back to some version of normal. Not sure when that will be yet, but I’m hoping it’s closer to sooner than later ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But the inclination to avoid overpromising on the vaccine in particular is going to have adverse effects. In order to get loads of people to TAKE the vaccine, they need to be hyping up how awesome the vaccine is and how it's the path back to normal.

Also, as a conservative Republican who was Trump-agnostic for four years and Trump-horrified once he started the "Stop the Steal" nonsense, my belief in any "intelligent majority" is long gone.

I think the worst thing they can do (in their political calculus)...is overpromise. They’re finally learning that one useless soundbite is enough to hijack the attention span of the dummies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sadly, some people still haven’t started day 1....as someone who has actually followed recommendations for 348+ days I’m definitely ready to put this thing behind me and go back to some version of normal. Not sure when that will be yet, but I’m hoping it’s closer to sooner than later ;)

The problem is the flag and hat crowd never understood this...prolly because they lack the capacity to....

It’s just about finding “enemies” and placing blame and throwing rage. The covid “debate”
Has boiled mostly down to that.

Heppenheimer

My daughter created the Mask-A-Straw, patent pending, using those cray straw connection kits. For routing out the back of the mask and down to your drink. We'll make millions she said.

Product has not been field tested, no results guaranteed, this is not a medical device. Experiences may differ.
Reminds me of the tube in military gas masks that allows you to drink from your canteen while in full MOPP gear.

Disney Analyst

New mask policy shows disney doesn’t care about the science or data. No evidence that supports their new mask rules. Again, if they actually cared about protecting people they wouldn’t be increasing capacity and incentivizing more people to gather in crowds...

This is just nonsense. Florida has had some of the loosest mask rules and has had the same or better results than states with the strongest mask rules. The masks are a placebo. Stop pretending the masks are saving your life. Lol

If you can trust anything coming out of Florida or Desantis. I wouldn’t.

DisneyCane

If you can trust anything coming out of Florida or Desantis. I wouldn’t.
There are several counties that are heavily Democrat and run almost completely by Democrats. They see all of the test results and other "numbers" coming through their county health departments. If the State was changing numbers as you (and Ms. Jones) imply, the mayors and county commissioners of these counties would be out there showing the proof of it. They aren't.

Mark52479

There are several counties that are heavily Democrat and run almost completely by Democrats. They see all of the test results and other "numbers" coming through their county health departments. If the State was changing numbers as you (and Ms. Jones) imply, the mayors and county commissioners of these counties would be out there showing the proof of it. They aren't.
Actually pretty much ALL of the big counties here in Florida are controlled by Democrats.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Numbers are out - there were 110 new reported deaths, along with 8 Non-Florida Resident deaths.

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 2.32.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 2.32.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 2.32.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 2.32.00 PM.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Yet who’s the biggest laughing stock?

...nice speech to kick off NutCon in Orlando the to other day...by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom