Rumor Tom Hanks rumored to be new narrator for the Carousel of Progress

EricsBiscuit

The Scarlet Witch is an X-men and Avenger, she cannot be used on the East Coast. Vision is an Avenger and the big reveal last week has “been in the Fantastic Four Family all along.”
Thank God! The family, especially our gracious host, is the center of the show.

SpoiledBlueMilk

Said character debuted as Franklin Richards (Reed and Sue’s son) nanny.
True, but she wasn't limited to the FF. I know the rumors have been bouncing all around that the "aerospace engineer" mentioned in the earlier episode would be Reed Richards, etc... It's true the newly named character does have deep FF ties....doubt that means any more of a payoff.

Touchdown

True, but she wasn't limited to the FF. I know the rumors have been bouncing all around that the "aerospace engineer" mentioned in the earlier episode would be Reed Richards, etc... It's true the newly named character does have deep FF ties....doubt that means any more of a payoff.
It matters for theme parks because anyone originating in the X-Men, Spider-Man, Avengers or Fantastic Four “families” is off limits to Disney Parks and owned by Universal.

Fable McCloud

CoP is one of my favorite rides because of the song. When my husband (at the time fiancé) and I went on our first trip, it was down for repairs. I regaled him with all the times I had ridden it and only once made it through without a breakdown.

On our honeymoon, he finally got to ride it, and sure as heck, it broke down between scenes 1 and 2. Like clockwork we both shouted "John!" and it miraculously started up again. Now any time someone mentions CoP, we automatically just yell "John!"

It's such an endearing ride, but it really needs some TLC. I think this song is a gem, and this is one attraction that needs to be preserved, but maintained.

Tom P.

Given that it would take a major restructuring of the entire building to add an additional scene, they would seem to be capped at four. Working within those parameters, I think there are two reasonable courses of action they could take to update the ride:

1. Spread the time periods out more, so that you can get to the present day. Something like 1900, 1950, 2000, and the present day.

2. Designate the ride as being a showcase of technological development specifically in the 20th century only, and just update the final scene to reflect what technology was really like at the end of the century.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Given that it would take a major restructuring of the entire building to add an additional scene, they would seem to be capped at four.
Not really... they could use the load scene for both loading and unloading and repurpose the unload room as the 21st century update. Of course, they'd be limited to as many people as could get off and on in the 4 minutes each scene lasts.

Touchdown

Martin has said using one theatre for load/unload isnt possible. I still like the idea of the Tomorrowland retro future historical society presenting COP as a showpiece of how society changed in the 20th century with only 4 scenes I would do:

-The turn of the century scene (no changes)
-The 1940s scene (no changes)
-July 20, 1969 The family is getting ready to host a lunar landing party, Sally could be a hippie and want to go to a protest, Mom could be a working mom trying to balence work/life with the help of kitchen appliances, and Timmy could be all about space
-December 31, 1999. New Years Eve Y2K, a great time to be retrospective and talk about the changes in 100 years.

Cmdr_Crimson

Martin has said using one theatre for load/unload isnt possible. I still like the idea of the Tomorrowland retro future historical society presenting COP as a showpiece
Unfortunately, they dropped the whole Tomorrowland as a "city-esque" backdrop after the peoplemover narration was changed in 2009.. It's just a land now..The Convention center (Stitch), Tomorrowland Science Center (Laugh Floor) Spaceport Seventy-Five (Space Mountain). Aren't even mentioned by their other names anymore which I think gave it a better aesthetic..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom