What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I'm new here, thought I'd pop in. Ran 36:04 today which came out to 3.65mi. Recovering (very) slowly from a plantar fasciitis injury that I've been dealing with for over a year, but I seem to finally be over the hump.

I'm mixing in these shorter non-stop runs with a 5k to 10k training plan, which has gone well. And I'm trying to incorporate more strength training and stretching in the hopes of never dealing with this injury again.

Welcome! And I hope you recover sooner rather than later; I’ve heard this can be quite painful.

Surferboy567

I'm new here, thought I'd pop in. Ran 36:04 today which came out to 3.65mi. Recovering (very) slowly from a plantar fasciitis injury that I've been dealing with for over a year, but I seem to finally be over the hump.

I'm mixing in these shorter non-stop runs with a 5k to 10k training plan, which has gone well. And I'm trying to incorporate more strength training and stretching in the hopes of never dealing with this injury again.
Welcome!

Surferboy567

Tonight, I was really excited to come on here and talk about my first maintenance run on this “new” training plan. Even though it’s just the same Princess plan accelerated. New training plan, new shoes. Done on the treadmill due to the weather outside. I ran like normal for a little less then 3 miles on the treadmill. Then, my knee twisted causing me to fall back on the treadmill.

I have a history with my knee being a trick knee and I haven’t had a problem in months. Something I did today, caused it to twist I am fine now (bar some pain in the knee cap) but I am going to take it easy and see how things go. I will try and get back on the treadmill again on Thursday at a slow pace to ease back into it. Normally, the pain subsides after an hour or so. For now though, I rest and hope my knee heals. Anyways here are the stats for tonight’s run before I had a problem.

Time: 36:38
Distance: 2.96
Avg Pace: 12:21

Side Note: I mentioned that my Princess medals were supposed to come today. This morning I found out only the label had been created and their was no movement on the actual package. So they have been delayed not sure to when but the label has been created.

OG Runner

Tonight, I was really excited to come on here and talk about my first maintenance run on this “new” training plan. Even though it’s just the same Princess plan accelerated. New training plan, new shoes. Done on the treadmill due to the weather outside. I ran like normal for a little less then 3 miles on the treadmill. Then, my knee twisted causing me to fall back on the treadmill.

I have a history with my knee being a trick knee and I haven’t had a problem in months. Something I did today, caused it to twist I am fine now (bar some pain in the knee cap) but I am going to take it easy and see how things go. I will try and get back on the treadmill again on Thursday at a slow pace to ease back into it. Normally, the pain subsides after an hour or so. For now though, I rest and hope my knee heals. Anyways here are the stats for tonight’s run before I had a problem.

Time: 36:38
Distance: 2.96
Avg Pace: 12:21

Side Note: I mentioned that my Princess medals were supposed to come today. This morning I found out only the label had been created and their was no movement on the actual package. So they have been delayed not sure to when but the label has been created.

Hi, sorry if I missed it, but I have seen a good number of your maintenance runs noted. Do you ever do a long run?
Most of the plans I have seen, even by Jeff Galloway usually have you run the race distance before the actual race.
That always killed me when training for a marathon.

Surferboy567

Hi, sorry if I missed it, but I have seen a good number of your maintenance runs noted. Do you ever do a long run?
Most of the plans I have seen, even by Jeff Galloway usually have you run the race distance before the actual race.
That always killed me when training for a marathon.
Yep, I did long runs every Saturday, or Sunday. The days shift depending if it’s a recovery week or just a regular training week. Before Princess, the longest was 14 miles two weeks before Princess.

Last edited:

striker1064

It was a beautiful mid-40s and sunny this morning after weeks of cold, an absolutely perfect day for a run. I ran 3 18-minute segments with 1-minute walking segments in-between.

Total time: 56:00.8
Total mileage: 5.19mi
Pace: 10:47/mi

Segment 1: 1.7mi, 10:35/mi
Segment 2: 1.64mi, 10:59/mi
Segment 3: 1.72mi, 10:28/mi

Not bad consistency, for me.

OG Runner

It was a beautiful mid-40s and sunny this morning after weeks of cold, an absolutely perfect day for a run. I ran 3 18-minute segments with 1-minute walking segments in-between.

Total time: 56:00.8
Total mileage: 5.19mi
Pace: 10:47/mi

Segment 1: 1.7mi, 10:35/mi
Segment 2: 1.64mi, 10:59/mi
Segment 3: 1.72mi, 10:28/mi

Not bad consistency, for me.
Not bad consistency for anyone. Good job!

GenerationX

We finally got above freezing this week after a couple of weeks below, which has inspired me to get back out there. I actually missed two full weeks of running and playing football while it was constantly below 10 degrees Fahrenheit here in Chicagoland. I just can't run in that, and none of us wanted to play football in -3 temps. 20 is my floor, 90 is my ceiling.

My times this week are terrible. 28 minutes to run 3 miles both Tuesday and today. But it felt great to run on sidewalks, even though they were wet from melting snow.

dreamfinder

3.1@8:20ish last night. Running under the mostly? full moon was cool. Having most of the cars either not give me room, or at least turn off their hi beams wasn't cool. So having to stop and carefully pick my way into snowbanks sucked. And it's weird having to pay attention to both puddles, and black ice at the same time. Not quite sure how that works.

Surferboy567

Tonight, I completed another maintenance run. As I said before, I did in fact go back on the treadmill tonight. I was initially nervous since my knee still is sore and a bit stiff but I wanted to get back into the swing of things and train so that I can (hopefully) run Star Wars on schedule. To ensure I didn’t have any problems I didn’t run at all during this maintenance run. It was just a nice steady walk.

Time: 35:10
Distance: 2.06
Avg Pace: 17:03

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Tonight, I completed another maintenance run. As I said before, I did in fact go back on the treadmill tonight. I was initially nervous since my knee still is sore and a bit stiff but I wanted to get back into the swing of things and train so that I can (hopefully) run Star Wars on schedule. To ensure I didn’t have any problems I didn’t run at all during this maintenance run. It was just a nice steady walk.

Time: 35:10
Distance: 2.06
Avg Pace: 17:03

I think you’ll find that being conservative about the knee for a short period, will, in the long run (no pun intended!) play less havoc on your training. You’ve now got a good base; you can afford to give yourself a week or so of down time. Every time I’ve pushed it a bit from a minor injury, it’s taken twice as long to recover.

Surferboy567

I think you’ll find that being conservative about the knee for a short period, will, in the long run (no pun intended!) play less havoc on your training. You’ve now got a good base; you can afford to give yourself a week or so of down time. Every time I’ve pushed it a bit from a minor injury, it’s taken twice as long to recover.
Very good points, yeah I was a little worried about re-injuring it. I don’t plan on doing any crazy long runs for at least a week (maybe more) it all depends on how I am feeling. Right now my training plan has me going for my next long run next Sunday, so I’ll see how I feel around then. In the meantime, I will try to be conservative with shorter and slower treadmill runs.

Surferboy567

Tonight, I completed my first long run of this training plan. This was the first time I did a full normal session since my leg twist. Given that I was still weary of re-injuring my knee I did a couple of things to reduce strain but still get the mileage in. I did not run at all during the long run. I walked at my normal steady pace I would use during a maintenance run. It also was a recovery long run so it was short enough that I felt ok doing this small distance. This was done on the treadmill.

Time: 01:04:24
Distance: 4.01
Avg Pace: 16:04

I plan on continuing to walk during my maintenance runs. Not trying to run till one of my later maintenance runs throughout next week. This is to ensure I don’t re-injure myself but enables me to still train. My next long run is on next Sunday and is actually substantial. It was when I was planning on running the Star Wars Virtual Half, it all depends on how I am feeling if I want to attempt running the virtual half. It is an 11 mile run on the training plan so that is why I am thinking of turning it into my virtual half. It may not be wise to run that kind of distance but if I am not feeling up to it I will move it. Anyways, I plan on taking it easy and see how things until next weekend’s long run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom