The Sorcerer's Apprentice, Season 7: Fantasmic Journeys [CONCLUDED!]

NigelChanning

GUEST_61738ab3-f75c-450b-9f64-976561a53489

Here ya go ;)
You fool! That was Anime shampoo!

Mickeynerd17

Anytime!

Just remember Rome wasn't built in a day, and there were a few stumbles along the way. You'll have these stumbles too, but all you can is pick yourself back up and put your best game face on. Don't let what you view as failures get in the way, take it as a little speedbump. Above all just remember to have fun with it the whole way through.

Already now you've improved, and we still have a long road ahead of his before the end. There's still for you to snag that Sorcerer's hat, and if not hey there's always next time :)
Yes, sometimes it's hard. Screwing myself out of my Veto win with The Obelisk of Time in 1986 was especially hard. I loved that project too.

It's also hard when it seems like you just can't win, in this and everything else in life. I've been learning to live with it for awhile now.

I'm not in a pity party mode, I don't wish to be treated any different than anybody else, that wouldn't be fair to them. I just sometime feel better talking it out than keeping it locked up inside of me.

I do wonder sometimes if I have improved from 1986 'cause everything seemed to be easy to come up with back then. Not as much now.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Yes, sometimes it's hard. Screwing myself out of my Veto win with The Obelisk of Time in 1986 was especially hard. I loved that project too.

It's also hard when it seems like you just can't win, in this and everything else in life. I've been learning to live with it for awhile now.

I'm not in a pity party mode, I don't wish to be treated any different than anybody else, that wouldn't be fair to them. I just sometime feel better talking it out than keeping it locked up inside of me.

I do wonder sometimes if I have improved from 1986 'cause everything seemed to be easy to come up with back then. Not as much now.
I empathize with this a lot. Not to have a “when I was your age” moment, but,... When I was your age I can recall feeling that way quite often. I think there is a lot of pressure placed on students to overachieve at everything and there are these like impossible standards. At least that’s how I remember it. I’m sorry you’re dealing with that right now.

But let me just tell you, I always look forward to seeing what you do. It’s like “alright, what did Micknerd build in Minecraft this time?!” And you never disappoint!! Whether it’s scenery or a pinball machine! You always do something fun and unique that stands out! Keep being you, dude!! You got this.

spacemt354

Chili's

1986 just wasn't the right comp for you, and it's unfortunate you found out halfway through. But that is the past this is now you've improved immensely this season despite being busy

Disney Dad 3000

STANZA VII RESULTS

pinball wizard.jpg

Team Space

Great teamwork and improvement from the previous stanza. Plenty of unique extras and work put into the project, just some finer details that were missing that outdid you in the end.

Team Time

Team Reality. We found little to no fault with your presentation. The pinball machine was spot on, and your arcade was top notch with all manner of excellent ideas. You were simply outdone (just barely) by an equally great project.

Team Reality

Fantastic rebound from the previous stanza where everything you did here was on brand. While you had super stiff competition this week, the level of detail put into your arcade top to bottom and pinball machine, combined with the usage of a google doc and creating your games won you this round by a hair. Great job!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
STANZA VII RESULTS

View attachment 534980

Team Space

Great teamwork and improvement from the previous stanza. Plenty of unique extras and work put into the project, just some finer details that were missing that outdid you in the end.

Team Time

Team Reality. We found little to no fault with your presentation. The pinball machine was spot on, and your arcade was top notch with all manner of excellent ideas. You were simply outdone (just barely) by an equally great project.

Team Reality

Fantastic rebound from the previous stanza where everything you did here was on brand. While you had super stiff competition this week, the level of detail put into your arcade top to bottom and pinball machine, combined with the usage of a google doc and creating your games won you this round by a hair. Great job!
Every team was awesome this round! (As per friggin usual) So taking the win this time feels really amazing!!

And truly, all of you did such a great job!! High fives all around!!

Mickeynerd17

STANZA VII RESULTS

View attachment 534980

Team Space

Team Time

Team Reality

LOL, when Team Reality is outdone by Team Reality. 🤣

I guess reality can be whatever we want!

Disney Dad 3000

Welcome to the Chillverse

Chill Lounge.jpg

With March approaching, spring weather hopefully approaching, and midterms on the horizon, the Fantasmic Timeline has opened a new dimension - the Chillverse. This is a lounge to unwind if people need a quick break from the game, or just want a place to hangout separate from brainstorming or team chatter for a little bit.

We've had some chatter regarding this - so we want to ensure everyone has the same opportunity if they wish!

If we've not heard from you in a bit or you've requested to take a temporary break we are allowing those folks to hang out here and if/when time allows, hop back into the competition at any point. This will help even out the number of active folks on each team, but also provide anyone the flexibility they need to take a break and come back to join in the fun.

@MickeyJedi

@Mr. Duck
@kmbmw777
@orlando678-
@Lora Baines Bradley
@tcool123
@91JLovesDisney

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated Team Rosters

Team Reality.jpg

@Tegan pilots a chicken
@TwilightZone
@Pi on my Cake
@pix
@Honey Bee
@Shannoninthemagic
@Homemade Imagineering
@Miru
@MickeyMousketeer

Team Space.jpg

@spacemt354
@NigelChanning
@MickeyWaffleCo.
@b-wolf95
@Imagineer Brandon
@Brer Panther
@Mickeynerd17
@TheSquirrel
@Solaris Knight

Team Time.png

@JokersWild
@montydysquith-navarro
@Sharon&Susan
@AceAstro
@Outbound
@SplashZander
@DashHaber
@ThemeParkPriest
@Magic Feather
@DlpPhantom

Attachments

• Chill Lounge.jpg
    Chill Lounge.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Chill Lounge.jpg
    Chill Lounge.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 47

Disney Dad 3000

STANZA VIII

Teams Reality, Space & Time had their collective minds blown now with the realization that it had been Kingpin all along who had been their mysterious benefactor. It had all been an effort to keep the teams under his thumb while in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, where he also controlled all the theme parks in this weird Great Movie Ride/Sorcerer’s Apprentice Universe. Finally let in on the plan outlined by Don, HULK, Ralph, et al, it all made sense.

“Mr. Lynch. One of Kingpin’s henchman. How did I not see that?” @kmbmw777 said. “And pinball. Of course.” Chimed in @Sharon&Susan

Mr Lynch.jpg

With the plan fully laid out in front of them, the teams realized they had one last job ahead of them if Mickey’s mission was to be a success. One last piece to this master plan was needed. Perhaps one last night on the town would do the trick and help the teams keep Kingpin and his men busy.

“Whatever we do, can we at least eat first?” @Solaris Knight said. Never ones to Imagineer on an empty stomach, the teams agreed to meet up at Team Time’s resort, The Burj al Arab, for a meal at Al Mahara and plan their next move.

BURJ_AL_ARAB_DUBAI_HOTEL_5.jpg

What awaited them at Al Mahara was a dining experience they were not quite prepared for. From the opulent elevator simulating a submarine like entry under water, to the opulence and James Bond like entry into a room filled with a floor to ceiling aquarium, it was all stunning.

Al Mahara.jpg

Before they had a chance to even order a $500 appetizer, their phones lit up once again. “Hello Teams. Glad we caught you, and…. oh good, you are eating. That should help you prep for the final piece of the plan.” Don said.

Attachments

• wpid-A-fleet-of-Ferraris-e1413220863337.jpg
    wpid-A-fleet-of-Ferraris-e1413220863337.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 45

Evilgidgit

Hey guys. I have read through Team Time's proposal, but I won't have time to commit to writing a review for this stanza due to real world stuff!

I'll just say that the concept, presentation, execution, and individual arcade features were great. I love Hanna-Barbera, the new area fitted in perfectly with Warner Bros. World (extra points for the map and artwork). I didn't know much about every single HB IP, but it didn't the enjoyment of reading. The only questionable attraction is the on-rails Dick Dastardly attraction. The real world one in Japan looks absurdly dangerous and risky, so I'm not sure how safe such a ride would be in a family park.

...I guess I just wrote a review.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom