The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

*Q*

I’ve always been under the impression that reason why Chinese Theater was never given icon status was because it wasn’t as easily silhouette-able. Unless the “icon” was just the center portion of the building, it would be much more wide than the other iconsq, and not fit the ideal proportions.
View attachment 534539
I don't know, it might have an even more distinctive profile than the Tower. My gut tells me it's Disney being resistant to having an icon that they don't have full control of, that has a duplicate out there involved in things that Disney isn't managing.

jrhwdw

To be fair, I’ve said for almost a year that the plan is to kill RoL but put a new show there eventually. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them reuse the floats in a new show that people actually like. They are keeping the floats protected unlike SpectroMagic.

And, DAK returns to closing after sunset in just 7 months.
Are you hinting at something comming in 7 Months? Or are you just refering to the 50th TOL Projections and DST ending?

ToTBellHop

Are you hinting at something comming in 7 Months? Or are you just refering to the 50th TOL Projections and DST ending?
I’m saying they plan to use it again but not when the park is closing at 5–which is ending sooner than we originally expected. I’d be surprised if it were still empty at night by the end of the 50th. Their attitude is to unveil new things at various points throughout the celebration instead of at the start, as had been the plan.

TTA94

I’m saying they plan to use it again but not when the park is closing at 5–which is ending sooner than we originally expected. I’d be surprised if it were still empty at night by the end of the 50th. Their attitude is to unveil new things at various points throughout the celebration instead of at the start, as had been the plan.

So basically by the end of 2022 all parks should have new nighttime entertainment? Except for DHS, that we know of. MK: HEA 50th tag, Epcot: Harmonious, DAK: New show, and DHS: F! (Unchanged)?

dreday3

Just a random question - Do they typically decorate the entire park for things like an anniversary celebration? Just the castle?

Just wondering when we go in October if Halloween decorations will be up at MK or if they will be replaced by 50th decorations...maybe a bunch of "over the hill" balloons? 🤔

TTA94

Just a random question - Do they typically decorate the entire park for things like an anniversary celebration? Just the castle?

Just wondering when we go in October if Halloween decorations will be up at MK or if they will be replaced by 50th decorations...maybe a bunch of "over the hill" balloons? 🤔

In the past each park had banners, and such around the parks, so I would assume the 50th will include all that as well. My memory is foggy for Halloween and Christmas during the past Anniversaries, but my guess is there was a mixture?

jrhwdw

They are obviously going to have to do something at DHS. If they are abandoning fireworks, they’ll need to update Fantasmic! eventually.
Star Wars/Bell, BAM!/Projection Pre Shows not needed on the Chinese Theater anymore?

Isn't "over the hill" used for 40? I would hope Main Street gets 50th Decor! As for Fall/Christmas, MK could do what DL did for the 60th. Keep the Anniversary Logo on the Seasonal Decor.

Are all the light poles going Gold for the 50th like DL's 50th?

TTA94

Looks like we will be getting Harmonious in October. (See the Harmonious thread). Corporate packages on sale. Hopefully we get confirmation soon by Disney? Then again they are probably keeping it hush hush as best as they can until they know for sure, in terms of Covid.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

ToTBellHop

Looks like we will be getting Harmonious in October. (See the Harmonious thread). Corporate packages on sale. Hopefully we get confirmation soon by Disney? Then again they are probably keeping it hush hush as best as they can until they know for sure, in terms of Covid.
They already said 2021. 10/1/21 as certainly the most-likely date. The question is whether they show EF this summer. I’m leaning toward “yes”.

ToTBellHop

A modern night parade wouldn't misfit in DHS as well. Give me Fantasmic! and a Nightparade there, a World of Color type fountain show in DAK, Happily Ever After in Magic Kingdom and that monstrous extravaganza in Epcot. Sounds like a killer nighttime line-up to me.
1614124097587.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom