News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
But assuming they incorporate key points like Friends On The Other Side and the fireflies, I think those wouldn't look right as animatronics... they'd look much better on screens, and they could do a lot more in terms of "choreography" or whatever you want to call it. I just hope they don't go overboard with it.
I'm assuming the Friends on the Other Side skulls/dolls will be primarily projections, but I can see the spinning bees being used as fireflies

DisneyHead123

I'm assuming the Friends on the Other Side skulls/dolls will be primarily projections, but I can see the spinning bees being used as fireflies
In part, maybe, but I can’t imagine them passing by the opportunity for the visuals of tons of fireflies moving in and out of sparkling formation, writing in light, etc. Also I read in another comment that the Imagineer in charge, Charita Carter, helped design Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Roller Coaster, where incorporating modern technology, from what I understand (haven’t been on it yet) played a big role.

matt9112

My hope is that they leave most of the backgrounds intact. If they're just replacing the main characters and cleverly recontextualizing existing sets, I think $50 million might be acceptable.

In other words, if they're replacing all of the animatronics on the finale ferry, $50 million = disaster.

If they're just teaching those animatronics a new song, $50 million might be OK.
So you get a disjointed experience that makes no sense?

GimpYancIent

Yessss! There can definitely be a dark ride side to this whole re-theme.
1613750171251.png

Disney Maddux

Boarding Station - Barn is rethemed to a New Orleans dockside area where we board our special logs to take a special Mardi Gras boat trip around the bayou with Tiana.

Lift Hill #1 - Make our way out of New Orleans, instead of Brer Frog, we have Mama Odie wishing us a happy trip, but also warning us to not go too deep into the bayou and to stay away from the shadows.

Outside/Lift Hill #2 - Pass by Tiana and Louis on their boat, welcoming us to the trip and saying they'll meet us in the real bayou area before we pass through the mill and up the next lift hill.

Outside #2 - Making our way towards the bayou as we lightly hear music and fireflies singing Going Down the Bayou, before eventually reaching the entryway into the bayou, going down the drop.

The Bayou - Welcome to the bayou! Here you'll come across all sorts of different animals, all singing Going Down the Bayou and welcoming you to the special Mardi Gras trip. Watch out for them frog hunters though, they're still out hunting, even if slightly more terrified after their encounter with dem smart frogs. You'll come across Louis again, telling ya'll about how he heard another big group singing and having fun deeper in the bayou, and says we should go join them for Mardi Gras. We do so and head down the second drop.

Darker Bayou/Shadows Approaching - Louis is yelling and hollering, he's got a hive of thorns and bees all over his mouth! Before we're able to try and help him though, we hear sinister laughing as we approach a dark place in the bayou... Before it suddenly erupts in color and shadows, who latch onto our log and pull us down another drop and even deeper into the bayou!

Friends on the Other Side - Shadows, shadows everywhere! They're laughing at us and dancing around us in colors, singing Friends on the Other Side. We hear Mama Odie fussing about the ruckus, before seeing what's going on and saying she'll help us. But she must move quickly, cause those shadows have once again latched onto the log, and are now lifting us up to a large Voodoo mask!

Lift Hill #3/Drop - As the singing and laughing gets louder, the shadows lift us up the hill and explode into colors and masks around us. The colors continue to expand and become crazier as you're brought higher up, with the main Voodoo mask waiting at the top with an open mouth to drag us down into the Underworld. But thankfully, just in the nick of time at the top, Mama Odie casts a spell to dispose of the shadows and safely return us to her boat house, where we'll now make a narrow escape down a big waterfall and back to New Orleans.

Mardi Gras - You make it back just in time for Mardi Gras to begin! Tiana and Naveen wonder where we went off too, but are glad to see that we're okay and made it to the part! A large ferry boat with tons of jazzy performers dancing, with our main man Louis leading them at the top. In the background, tons of fireworks go off in the beautiful New Orleans night. Before we head back to the dockside area, Mama Odie playfully nags at us that she warned us to not go into the darker bayou area.

Movielover

Boarding Station - Barn is rethemed to a New Orleans dockside area where we board our special logs to take a special Mardi Gras boat trip around the bayou with Tiana.

Lift Hill #1 - Make our way out of New Orleans, instead of Brer Frog, we have Mama Odie wishing us a happy trip, but also warning us to not go too deep into the bayou and to stay away from the shadows.

Outside/Lift Hill #2 - Pass by Tiana and Louis on their boat, welcoming us to the trip and saying they'll meet us in the real bayou area before we pass through the mill and up the next lift hill.

Outside #2 - Making our way towards the bayou as we lightly hear music and fireflies singing Going Down the Bayou, before eventually reaching the entryway into the bayou, going down the drop.

The Bayou - Welcome to the bayou! Here you'll come across all sorts of different animals, all singing Going Down the Bayou and welcoming you to the special Mardi Gras trip. Watch out for them frog hunters though, they're still out hunting, even if slightly more terrified after their encounter with dem smart frogs. You'll come across Louis again, telling ya'll about how he heard another big group singing and having fun deeper in the bayou, and says we should go join them for Mardi Gras. We do so and head down the second drop.

Darker Bayou/Shadows Approaching - Louis is yelling and hollering, he's got a hive of thorns and bees all over his mouth! Before we're able to try and help him though, we hear sinister laughing as we approach a dark place in the bayou... Before it suddenly erupts in color and shadows, who latch onto our log and pull us down another drop and even deeper into the bayou!

Friends on the Other Side - Shadows, shadows everywhere! They're laughing at us and dancing around us in colors, singing Friends on the Other Side. We hear Mama Odie fussing about the ruckus, before seeing what's going on and saying she'll help us. But she must move quickly, cause those shadows have once again latched onto the log, and are now lifting us up to a large Voodoo mask!

Lift Hill #3/Drop - As the singing and laughing gets louder, the shadows lift us up the hill and explode into colors and masks around us. The colors continue to expand and become crazier as you're brought higher up, with the main Voodoo mask waiting at the top with an open mouth to drag us down into the Underworld. But thankfully, just in the nick of time at the top, Mama Odie casts a spell to dispose of the shadows and safely return us to her boat house, where we'll now make a narrow escape down a big waterfall and back to New Orleans.

Mardi Gras - You make it back just in time for Mardi Gras to begin! Tiana and Naveen wonder where we went off too, but are glad to see that we're okay and made it to the part! A large ferry boat with tons of jazzy performers dancing, with our main man Louis leading them at the top. In the background, tons of fireworks go off in the beautiful New Orleans night. Before we head back to the dockside area, Mama Odie playfully nags at us that she warned us to not go into the darker bayou area.

Sounds great! Now build it as a new original ride In it’s own location instead of gutting and removing one of the best rides Disney has ever made!

DisneyHead123

It seems like what might be difficult about this ride is that it will be narrative driven in a way that Splash Mountain isn’t. There is a very simple narrative running through Splash Mountain but there will likely be many more plot points that they are trying to squeeze into PatF, given that there are a lot of “must adds” from the movie. In addition, they’re creating a new narrative and not just doing a visual of one people already know, as in Peter Pan, so there will have to be some kind of exposition to explain what’s going on. Splash is a bit different in that it seems more like just exploring a particular area, wandering around and taking it all in.

On the plus side, they will have a ton of good visuals to work with. Fireflies, the bayou, Friends On The Other Side, Mardi Gras, etc. I’ve seen a lot of mentions of Tiana’s Palace too although that feels out of place to me on a water ride.

LittleBuford

At this point honestly I hope they just either announce the retheme is off or when it's starting because the sooner the drama stops the better
Is there any drama, though, outside the very narrow Disney-obsessed circles to which we belong? I really don’t think the rest of the world (and the majority of people attending WDW) care all that much.

RSoxNo1

Is this legit?

Animaniac93-98

At this point honestly I hope they just either announce the retheme is off or when it's starting because the sooner the drama stops the better

I doubt even Disney knows when it's starting.

Some were speculating not until after the 50th, but now the 50th won't end until March 31 2023. Would they wait that long?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom