The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

yensidtlaw1969

I have to say, my expectations for the Castle overlay were low . . . and this art still leaves me feeling a little underwhelmed. Feels a little threadbare for the park's (and resort's) Golden Anniversary. But I hope it translates beautifully in reality - art for Disney's Castle Overlays has historically failed to fully represent the final product.

I suspect the "EARidescent" projections on the icons will likely be more attractive, I'm looking forward to them.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Just thought of something! I guess Castle Dream Lights are done for a while! Hopefully the 50th decor will have Strobes!

yensidtlaw1969

Not really. There were some hideous ideas. This should look nice in the FL sun.

tumblr_pm6foqvHIg1w9j4ono1_540.gif

jrhwdw

...and the identity crisis of the Studios continues. I thought getting rid of the BAH was supposed to refocus the iconography on the Chinese Theater..? Maybe they should just put up a new water tower and call it a day.
What's wrong with TOT/DHS' Icon??? I'm not shocked there going for TOT, everyone loved Sunset Seasons on TOT.

Disneyson

Looking at the site:

Eek, I hate that they are advertising the cast members as a feature of the event. It really furthers the guest perception that they are advanced audio-animatronics and is a transparent attempt to erase the effects of COVID. I also hate the phrase "Classic Favorites and Exciting Adventures". Both of these literally mean nothing.

I am curious about the "And Beyond" bit. I wonder if Disney Springs might get some decor overlay, or some entertainment offering aside from a new Amorette's EARidescent mirror cake. I hope this means that they continue a version of the entertainment program they're doing now for Black History Month, maybe limited-time BGM. Wonder if they intend to touch the water parks or mini-golf in "and beyond".

EDIT: I also, as I keep looking at ToT, find it interesting that there's an effect that there are people in the hotel. I think the only way I would love this addition would be if the effect is that we are see the Tower slip between a glitzy heyday and post lightning strike. That would be cool.

TTA94

The castle art is confusing. One has the current stage, the other at nighttime appears not to? And I see trees!! Lol wishful thinking and I know it’s likely a side view.

techgeek

What's wrong with TOT/DHS' Icon??? I'm not shocked there going for TOT, everyone loved Sunset Seasons on TOT.

ToT is a singular attraction and Sunset Blvd. is a singular themed land. By definition, a "park icon" should encompass the spirit of all of the offerings within a given park. For the other 3 parks, their respective icons do very well. HS has always had icon dysfunction.

yensidtlaw1969

ToT is a singular attraction and Sunset Blvd. is a singular themed land. By definition, a "park icon" should encompass the spirit of all of the offerings within a given park. For the other 3 parks, their respective icons do very well. HS has always had icon dysfunction.
Which frustrates me, because The Chinese Theater has always been *exceptionally* well positioned (both literally and figuratively) for that role. If you had to sum up "Hollywood" in one building . . . ta da.

But, alas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom