The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

jrhwdw

OK.......8:40 EST an still nothing on Twitter!if GMA bombs this, ABC News no longer needs to be in the Disney Company!!!!!

jrhwdw

Did anyone honestly think whatever they are going to show wouldn’t be in the last 10 minutes of show? Showing things early is not how the media works.
I Knew it wouldn't overtake overnight news. But I was hoping for more that a 1 sec shot before the 8:55 local update!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Outfits -

mmcc09283409283049238409.jpg

Nighttime concept -

EumA3zfXIAEs3_h.jpeg

Daytime concept -

YA3HPCKIVJFG7AHDHMQUWAPFXI.jpg

Pictures from OS -

Surferboy567

Well...at least we got full looks at the icons.

18 months means they can use:

1.) TRON
2.) Guardians
3.) Harm?
4.) Space 220 (may be open by then)
5.) Galactic Starcruiser
6.) Play!
7.) Spaceship Earth (maybe?)
8.) Moana (maybe?)

As 50th “additions”.

By then Rat would have already opened so it’s not technically a 50th addition. I also don’t know about Jungle Cruise if that would count maybe it would? Splash is unknown so probably won’t count but it could close in that 18 month window.

jrhwdw

1.) TRON
2.) Guardians
3.) Harm?
5.) Galactic Starcruiser
6.) Play!
8.) Moana (maybe?)

As 50th “additions”.

By then Rat would have already opened so it’s not technically a 50th addition. I also don’t know about Jungle Cruise if that would count maybe it would? Splash is unknown so probably won’t count but it could close in that 18 month window.
Splash's redo is both DL &MK. So I wouldn't call that WDW's 50th

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

1.) TRON
2.) Guardians
3.) Harm?
5.) Galactic Starcruiser
6.) Play!
8.) Moana (maybe?)

As 50th “additions”.

From what I remember reading around here at least half of that list isn’t going to be open for the start of the 50th. Guardians may be open for 6 months if it opens in time for Epcot’s 40th.

Surferboy567

From what I remember reading around here at least half of that list isn’t going to be open for the start of the 50th. Guardians may be open for 6 months if it opens in time for Epcot’s 40th.
Yea, but during that 18 month window most of this will be open. Not a lot will be open initially.

October 2021 - May 2023

Disneyson

The way the Disney Parks Blog talks, they make it seem that the "fireflies" in the Tree of Life are going to be physical effects, as they also make the SSE effects seem. I think both of these will actually look really, really nice. It reminds of the fiber-optic sidewalk that used to be at EPCOT, a really excellent Kiss Goodnight - and to me, doesn't destroy the integrity of the dome like that awful Mickey Wand. I wonder if they'll use the opportunity to do (at least part of) the planned SSE Refurb while covering the dome in scaffolding.

Almost everything looks great. I just don't like the concept of the Tower being decorated at all, the point of it is that it's dilapidated.

EDIT: I also have always loved the "firefly" awakening story that wove through Rivers of Light as well as through the various corridors of connective tissue of the park at night.

jrhwdw

A few questions:

In the Castle nighttime art, I don't see the Stage? Might the Stage be getting a lift so they can lower it for Nighttime/HEA/OUAT? Is that even possible???

As far as SSE, is it getting Real Lights or just Projections???

No hits at Entertainment, not even Calavacades even though there was a shot of Tink's in the Commerical last night. They're keeping Entertainment Plans serect till more Vacc. comes out right???? WDW Surely can't mean there's no HEA/OUAT, Not even a 50th Cavalcade(I'm not talking about the night parade situation now. We have to get back to normal before we want something more!)till mid 2023????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom