Trip Report The ONE with the Bowl that was not so Super šŸš½ 2/5-2/9, 2021*COMPLETED*

giphy.gif

HA HA HA!!!
Hello everybody! I returned yesterday from a last minute long weekend to WDW.
How? Who? Why? You ask. Well my Magical friends, here is everything you want to know, and maybe some things, you donā€™t.

It all began a few weeks ago at work when my bff/boss suggested we go to Disney for his birthday. I took him last year and we had a great time. We looked at dates and flights and room rates and hemmed and hawed for a couple days. We decided we would go Presidentā€™s weekend. But my kids would be out of school and they would want to go. Then, texting with @Tuvalu she said ā€œyouā€™re going presidentā€™s weekend!?!?šŸ˜³šŸ˜³šŸ˜³ā€

Ok, she didnā€™t say it like that but that is how I heard it in my mind. I said to my friend, M, ā€œwhat the heck are we thinking? Letā€™s go the weekend before.ā€ His sister/business partner/my other boss gave her blessing (then promptly booked a whole week in Florida for herself at the end of the month) and we started looking at rooms.
Pop was cheap with the AP discount so I booked.

We picked out our flights, then added a day and picked out new flights. Friday came, my day off and two weeks before departure and we had decided on everything. All we had to do was book the flights, which were $69 each way. Then I looked again and the flights were down to $49 each way. I texted M, ā€œBOOK BOOK BOOK! This is not a drill!!!ā€

Then Saturday came and I canceled Pop and booked a studio at Saratoga Springs Resort using my DVC points. Bought Mā€™s park ticket and made park reservations and some ADRā€™s. I also filled out the Magical Express request form and ordered a couple t-shirts.

13 days to go and we were all set.

donaldtoo

Sheā€™s had two siblings for quite a while. Belle and ranger. Both of them showed up at our house hungry and scared. Range was abused as a puppy we think. It took him a long time to warm up to anyone except A. Heā€™s a healthy happy boy now, even if he looks a little grumpy in this picture
View attachment 533138

I have an air mattress here and packed a pillow and blankets in anticipation of the roads being too bad to drive on. The state is providing us with food and water as well, so Iā€™m good!

Boy howdy, too funny...below is a pic of our 2 pups...Belle on the left and Ranger on the right...NO JOKE...!!!!! :hilarious:

B707B182-0FE3-4FC4-8A46-0BCC59E8589D.jpeg

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 7th cont

We continued to Big Thunder Mountain.
5B824287-5402-40FD-90E0-5CE77C54F090.jpeg

It was a walk on.
D045A30B-6019-4AD1-8E6F-E3CA6909E3A2.jpeg

Then we headed to Splash. X did not want to do Splash. Mom (me) said tough!
We had seen the boats? logs? ride vehicles cycling through empty since before we got on Big Thunder. So we knew it was ā€œworkingā€ but it was not open to guests yet. There was a small line, about 15 parties long so we joined in. We were standing here for about 10 minutes and then the ride opened up.
0AD5976F-E26F-4D91-A62B-DD378ECDDA53.jpeg

A1297487-F0C3-493F-88EE-D92CDA4B8700.jpeg

9F72165C-6A1C-4036-AC23-EC5B69338A39.jpeg

We were the 9th or 10th boat of the day so our gamble to wait in the line paid off.
896C75BF-B66D-404D-89B9-D1149D430E70.jpeg

Our picture never came through. One of the boys said he was having mask difficulties so I thought that is why it didn't come through. If you are maskless they hit delete on the photo. However, it showed up at the end in the display and I even touched my MB to it but, alas, we got someone else's photo. I will say, currently, the photo pass system is lousy and not worth the price if you have to pay out of pocket.

Next up was Pirates with about a 10 minute walk/wait.
983B2A62-7D6D-4D46-AF0B-E737B619910D.jpeg

0A9F0867-B2CD-4A3B-A129-D5AD235F21CE.jpeg

As we got off one of Xā€™s friends said, ā€œwow! That was amazing!ā€ He had never been on it before. Money well spent!ā¤ļø

The boys had a little photo shoot on the way through the gift shop.
5C067CBA-7C91-4454-AF2E-E43069CE71DB.jpeg

HouCuseChickie

My immediate reaction to that photo was, where is the clown? :p Seriously, I think Nike has fallen off the deep edge here. And one can only imagine the price on these clown shoes!

$275
Plus tax....

I'm one of those crazy people that loves a good clown shoe šŸ¤£ šŸ¤” I'm going to have to show these to one of my softball mom friends. Her older son (age 13) plays travel soccer and his cleats are in the $250+ range. She said as the level of play goes up, the prices of the cleats required increases exponentially.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sunday February 7 cont

Next up was the Jungle Cruise.
6C984BCA-FAC5-497E-B373-434E0F2073B3.jpeg

Trunk up for good luck!
6F34B097-548F-48A2-B5AF-33A6EE3BF124.jpeg

Our skipper was funny but stuck to the classics.
266B8D1B-21E9-4E2F-BA1E-00B4968E283F.jpeg

7DC877C3-416A-416B-9702-93267976AA9F.jpeg

We then got three pineapple/raspberry swirl Dole Whips, The Superior frozen treat (@Loco_driver ) whilst in Magic Kingdom, and shared them. One of the boys fasts until 11:00 everyday but he did cheat a little so he could taste the yumminess that is Dole Whip.
No photos. It is soooooo good, people can not wait to dive right in!

Then we headed to Haunted Mansion.
9385818F-0D9D-4EFD-BE2A-1F5743146E73.jpeg

0C1ED836-5BCC-4D27-AF03-4889CBEB89E6.jpeg

CFC3266C-7514-43A4-822D-F379213C7528.jpeg

While in the short line we discussed lunch options.
ā€œBurgers and nuggets or tex-mex?ā€
I showed them the menus on MDE and placed the order using a gift card.

864A9508-3372-468F-90BD-950353CC5027.jpeg

Boyā€™s pix did not show up. Perhaps a mask issue???
Also, I nailed it didnā€™t I? I did, right???

And Yay!!! Itā€™s the one and only Tink...
5B797457-F743-4F4E-A8D8-CBAD8130C218.jpeg

One of the boys caught her eye and put his hand to his ear like a phone, a call me gesture. šŸ“ž I think Tink blushedšŸ˜Š

donaldtoo

Apology accepted? One other thing. Weā€™d like to thank you for letting us borrow a little bit of winter, but weā€™d really like it if you took it back now.
View attachment 532847

View attachment 532846

View attachment 532845

I know that 9 inches of snow and -2 degrees is like a warm spring morning for you guys, but at 7 am it was -4 degrees with a windchill of -20. That is the second coldest temperature ever recorded here, the coldest being -8 in the winter of 1899!

Yes, PLEASE TAKE IT BACK...!!!!! :cold::hilarious:

Monday morning...

2779BCA9-0828-461A-8601-262B6488FD09.jpeg

This morning... :cyclops:

153E4DEE-B245-4A4C-81A9-B32A082CC1FD.jpeg

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'm one of those crazy people that loves a good clown shoe šŸ¤£ šŸ¤” I'm going to have to show these to one of my softball mom friends. Her older son (age 13) plays travel soccer and his cleats are in the $250+ range. She said as the level of play goes up, the prices of the cleats required increases exponentially.
The best shoe is one that fits. As a runner, you know this all too well I assume.
Edit to add: these cleats are hard to find, unless one goes to Disney apparently.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Monday morning...

View attachment 533248

View attachment 533250
Yeah, itā€™s coming down here pretty good too. Another snow day. The good new is my husband took the boys skiing for a few days so I am snow daying all by myself. Bad news? I am stuck on snow clean up dutyšŸ‘Ž
I didnt go skiing because I hate the snowšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

HouCuseChickie

The best shoe is one that fits. As a runner, you know this all too well I assume.
Edit to add: these cleats are hard to find, unless one goes to Disney apparently.

It could definitely be a supply and demand thing for those specific ones. She was just telling me that the material for the actual cleat molding and the length of them is a bit different than the more basic $40-80 cleats you can get in regular stores. We're lucky that softball cleats aren't nearly as much, but good bats are a different story. Darn kids want to be expensive and all šŸ¤£

donaldtoo

Yeah, itā€™s coming down here pretty good too. Another snow day. The good new is my husband took the boys skiing for a few days so I am snow daying all by myself. Bad news? I am stuck on snow clean up dutyšŸ‘Ž
I didnt go skiing because I hate the snowšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

Yea, itā€™s usually a fun little novelty that we get every now and then, but, after this I donā€™t wannaā€™ see so much as a frigginā€™ flake for at least the next decade...!!!!! šŸ˜‚

5E8C28FA-68C0-4477-A856-0D3434A216D1.gif

Loco_driver

Monday morning...

View attachment 533248

View attachment 533250
You guys doing ok? Any power/water issues?
Yep, we had a record 90 days at or above 100* back in 2011...after this mess, Iā€™m rootinā€™ for a repeat...!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 533253
Whoa whoa whoa there. Letā€™s not get carried away. I remember the summer of 2011 all to well thanks to the wildfires! It was as big of a nightmare as this! On the bright side I did have my very first date with the girl I was going to marry on the same day that Texas caught on fire, so I guess it wasnā€™t all bad.

donaldtoo

You guys doing ok? Any power/water issues?

Whoa whoa whoa there. Letā€™s not get carried away. I remember the summer of 2011 all to well thanks to the wildfires! It was as big of a nightmare as this! On the bright side I did have my very first date with the girl I was going to marry on the same day that Texas caught on fire, so I guess it wasnā€™t all bad.

šŸ¤£
Weā€™re still fine on power, and have never lost it. Our youngest DD has been with us since Tuesday night, as her power has been out since early Monday morning, and is still out (brought to us by SonILs pop who has an AWD Highlander).
Oldest DD, granddaughter, and SonIL have power also, as well as my folks.
But, just before this post, we discovered we have no running water. All mentioned above are same. We have plenty of bottled water, thankfully, but, unless the water comes back soon, we may haftaā€™ melt snow to flush the toilets...oh joy...!!!!! :bored::hilarious:
Thanks for asking...!!! :)
How about yā€™all...?

Songbird76

Sunday February 7th cont

We arrived about 8:30 and I immediately called for a picture.
X: ā€œI also warned them you take a lot of pictures.ā€

Xā€™s friends had been to WDW before but over 10 years ago. So much changes that if you have not been in 10 years it is like itā€™s your first time all over again. I wanted to take pictures for them.
View attachment 533183
View attachment 533178
View attachment 533179

We walked down main street and took a few more.
View attachment 533180
View attachment 533181
View attachment 533182

Then we went around the side of the castle towards BTMRR. There is usually a P3 there. And score! He was there and alone!
View attachment 533188
View attachment 533190
The boys yelled out ā€œPROM POSE!ā€
I guess M and I weren't invited to the prom.
View attachment 533187

This picture took me awhile to understand. Now, I assume because you can not take pictures with characters, they add a bunch of photos of characters into you PP account. I just thought this was a picture of Cinderella. It took me two days before I saw what was going on herešŸ˜‚

View attachment 533191
Oh my goodness, I LOVE the prom pose! That's hilarious!! I have to admit, I didn't know what it meant until I saw the picture. Then it made so much sense.

donaldtoo

Sunday February 7, 2021

The previous morning I was awoken by the exorcist in my stomach. This morning I think it was Thor:
View attachment 533142
View attachment 533143
View attachment 533144
I did not care what the radar said or what it looked like outside! I was going to Magic Kingdom and I was bringing the 4 menfolk with me and we were going to have a great time!!!

The night before I told the boys we would catch an eight am bus. X said ā€œthatā€™s it? I told them be prepared to wake really early because you are kinda crazy when it comes to Disney.ā€

Vote...compliment or insult???

I did a load of laundry because the knuckleheads forgot bathing suits and swam in their clothes. Technically two of the knuckleheads forgot bathing suits. The third just didnā€™t put it on.
And while we are on the forgetful topic, two of the boys forgot toothbrushes. And the third forgot toothpaste. College boysšŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø
View attachment 533145

Then I made breakfast.
View attachment 533146
View attachment 533147

And we headed to the bus stop with our ā€œcoffeeā€šŸ˜‚
(I was teaching them how to really enjoy Disney)
View attachment 533148

Look at that weatheršŸ‘ŽBut we were prepared.
View attachment 533149

2B358C10-539A-4C48-8F0D-EF291825A083.jpeg
7C83C0C4-65FC-4B9D-AAC0-0A925F27A1AF.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom