Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The sooner we get to herd immunity, which at the earliest is around the end of the summer, the sooner we can be free of this, let’s be honest, stressful hardships on our minds
The earliest is actually the beginning of May if the other vaccines come online as expected. Pfizer and Moderna have moved up their shipping by months.

JoeCamel

Issuing a travel ban right before Spring Break? Lol that’s going to go over well with so many who have trips planned. Of course I totally get the reasons and why they would issue this ban specifically for Spring Break to prevent the spread.

I just hope this ban has little impact on WDW and they can rebound quickly once Summer hits. Otherwise the rest of this year and our hopes of entertainment returning, etc are indeed squashed.
I don't think anyone is considering spring break other than preventing large gatherings anywhere

DomVF07

The earliest is actually the beginning of May if the other vaccines come online as expected. Pfizer and Moderna have moved up their shipping by months.
I concur. NJ launched 15,000 appointments alone in one county yesterday with another round tomorrow. To continue for the foreseeable future...
One only hopes other states are seeing similar results.......

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

Disney will have guests so long as WDW is open and operating. The Disney fans will not be denied a 50th Anniversary celebration muted or not. Unless check points secured with armed personnel are located on all interstate thoroughfares, patrols with VIRUS sniffing dogs are deployed, unmarked vans roam the streets with armed personnel abducting people not wearing masks and drones equipped with infrared equipment to detect anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher patrol the sky's, I do not see any travel ban really working. Besides by the time any travel bans are instituted the variant or mutation or what ever is already here. California is a shining example how not to do things.

Jrb1979

Poor snowflakes.
Agreed. Here in Canada the airlines cancelled all flights to Southern destinations to stop people from traveling for spring break. If you do go away when you come back on top of needing a negative test, you will have to pay $2000 and have to quarantine in a hotel for 3 days.

dreday3

Poor snowflakes.

If people were allowed to travel before the ban (that I don't think is going to happen, restrictions at most), were planning on following all the guidelines while there and any in place upon their return - I can see being quite disappointed that if a ban were to happen, their trip might be cancelled.
Not sure why they are snowflakes unless they are screaming about it and saying the rules don't apply to them...

Maybe I'm choosing not to travel now, but if others are and are following all the guidelines that are put in place, well...

Basil of Baker Street

Sorry about J&J everyone! I guess I'm still learning! It's my first real pandemic with needed Vaccines. Yes, we had H1N1 in 2009 but it wasn't like this! I still saw CADCT with my own eyes LOL!

When is J&J due for approval?
At one point I heard the goal was late Feb or early March but that was some time ago. Things could have changed since then.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If people were allowed to travel before the ban (that I don't think is going to happen, restrictions at most), were planning on following all the guidelines while there and any in place upon their return - I can see being quite disappointed that if a ban were to happen, their trip might be cancelled.
Not sure why they are snowflakes unless they are screaming about it and saying the rules don't apply to them....
Because they’re sure to be up in arms about it when people are dying. Everyone’s been inconvenienced. Everyone’s lost trips and plans. Suck it up and be grateful they’re alive to feel disappointed.

(Not directed at you, just a generalisation)

dreday3

Because they’re sure to be up in arms about it when people are dying. Everyone’s been inconvenienced. Everyone’s lost trips and plans. Suck it up and be grateful they’re alive to feel disappointed.

(Not directed at you, just a generalisation)

I get that. I just meant it's okay to be disappointed, but keep it to themselves. :)

ToTBellHop

Don't get me wrong. The more chances/options we have to get over COVID, the better! 66% just seems low to me compared to the mid-high 90s of Pfizer/Mondera. Maybe it's just me.
It was 72% in America. That would be astonishingly-high for a flu shot, it just feels low to the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna results.

All 3 are still 100% effective against COVID-19-related death. And all 3 work better than the AstraZeneca vaccine most of the world is using.

And to be fair to those reporting from Canada or the UK, one of the (few) things everyone can agree the previous administration did well was to buy a lot of (what ended up being) the best vaccines. Our vaccination curve will put other countries to shame.

It’s good to live in the leader of the free world once again. I imagine we will share our surplus with our allies at some point.

I do not mean for this to come across as “America is the best!” But we will have the best vaccination program. As we should. We pay more for vaccine development per capita than any other nation.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Let this sink in—Disneyland Paris is doing more to refresh its attractions and Castle, and will have a better entertainment package, for its 30th than WDW will have for its 50th. They’ll also open a new land at their 2nd park and open a completely-remodeled hotel.

And before we blame COVID-19, DLP has been closed since October, may open in April (probably looking toward summer, honestly). WDW only closed for 4 months and has been making money since last July.

There’s really no excuse.

I‘d rather go to DLP for its 30th than WDW for its 50th.

rangerbob

Sorry about J&J everyone! I guess I'm still learning! It's my first real pandemic with needed Vaccines. Yes, we had H1N1 in 2009 but it wasn't like this! I still saw CADCT with my own eyes LOL!

When is J&J due for approval?
DFA due to meet on 2/26 for emergency authorization for Jensen. It isn't the effective rating that they are being approved on it is the rating to cause serious illness or hospitalization and all 4 are showing at 100% so far. It sounds like AstraZeneca is putting in for use shortly, their trials are done and evaluating data currently.

Last I saw
Jensen was 60%
AstraZeneca was 66%
Mederma and Pfizer was 94&95%
Flu shot 20-40% effective.

TTA94

Let this sink in—Disneyland Paris is doing more to refresh its attractions and Castle, and will have a better entertainment package, for its 30th than WDW will have for its 50th. They’ll also open a new land at their 2nd park and open a completely-remodeled hotel.

And before we blame COVID-19, DLP has been closed since October, may open in April (probably looking toward summer, honestly). WDW only closed for 4 months and has been making money since last July.

There’s really no excuse.

I‘d rather go to DLP for its 30th than WDW for its 50th.

Is Disneyland Paris getting a light parade? Lol. Actually wasn't there a rumor at one point they were getting PTN? Or bringing back Fantillusion, if the thing still exists.

jrhwdw

Are we getting a light parade? Is DL ever going to show theirs again?

sigh...

DLP is getting a brand-new castle park show (with some fireworks...).
So upgrade from Disney Illuminations or less pyro? Wasn't Stars On Parade getting replaced?

Can we count on DLP 30th?? So far HKDL is having a hard time getting the 15th going (COVID's fault, not HKDL's) and who knows what WDW's 50th and TDS' 20th will look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom