Any tip por recomendations for a covid era tríp to wdw?

tomast

Original Poster
Hi everyone!
A coworker si traveling for her honeymoon to wdw and it's her first tríp ever, she ask me for any advice or tips as I am "the Disney Guy" who always talk about the parks and atractions and strategys to make the most and Fast pass recomendations.

But as you know nothing I know works now haha. Si any tips?

*I think I read the parade ser suspended si that right?
*Fireworks are off too?
*Fastpass are off too? What replace then?
*Tableservice and quick dining are working?
*The boarding group for Star wars are still a thing??

Any other tip?
Thanks!

Archie123

Hi everyone!
A coworker si traveling for her honeymoon to wdw and it's her first tríp ever, she ask me for any advice or tips as I am "the Disney Guy" who always talk about the parks and atractions and strategys to make the most and Fast pass recomendations.

*Fireworks are off too?

Any other tip?
Thanks!

*I think I read the parade ser suspended si that right? No parades. Just some random cars that drive around the parks with a character.
*Fireworks are off too? Correct, no fireworks.
*Fastpass are off too? What replace then? Fastpass is suspended. No replacement at this time. You need to wait in the lines.
*Tableservice and quick dining are working? Yes but not every restaurant is open at this time.
*The boarding group for Star wars are still a thing?? It is still a thing.

JIMINYCR

All of the above that was stated. Another point to give her... Mobile ordering is in effect for CS, so get her informed on how it works.
Bring extra masks to the parks to change out when they get wet from use in the heat.
If they are staying onsite, they can try to get SW boarding passes early in the morning... 7am, from their resort. Theres still stiff competition to get one so they must try getting one at once. There is a later time of 1pm but must be inside the park and theres less opportunity that passes will be available.

NelleBelle

All of the above that was stated. Another point to give her... Mobile ordering is in effect for CS, so get her informed on how it works.
Bring extra masks to the parks to change out when they get wet from use in the heat.
If they are staying onsite, they can try to get SW boarding passes early in the morning... 7am, from their resort. Theres still stiff competition to get one so they must try getting one at once. There is a later time of 1pm but must be inside the park and theres less opportunity that passes will be available.
lol—you beat me to it with better explanation, 👍

NelleBelle

I guess if staying onsite, you may have to wait slightly longer for transportation as they are no longer “packing” the buses— sitting room only and loading by party so everything is socially distanced.

tomast

Original Poster
Thanks so, My Disney Experience is not longer usefull for fp+ but still usefull for CS mobile ordering and photos... I guess, there are still photo op right?

NelleBelle

And you definitely will need the MDE app if you want to attempt to get a boarding group to try riding rise of the resistance!

nickys

Premium Member
The main thing is they have to reserve the parks they want to visit in advance.

And masks must be worn everywhere on property except in your room at at a pool, or to eat and drink. Temperature checks are done at every park and Disney Springs.

If they are staying onsite, they can try to get SW boarding passes early in the morning.

Anyone who has a DHS park reservation for that day can try for a Boarding Group for Rise of the Resistance. You do not need to be staying onsite to do so.
If they don’t get one at 7am and are in DHS they can try again at 1pm. But Galaxy’s Edge can be visited without a BG, it’s just that ride that you need a BG for.

Last edited:

cslafferty

Thanks so, My Disney Experience is not longer usefull for fp+ but still usefull for CS mobile ordering and photos... I guess, there are still photo op right?
Disney Photographers are there but I heard they will no longer take your picture with your camera due to Covid. And you must keep your mask on.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hi everyone!

*Fireworks are off too?

Any other tip?
Thanks!

You want an honest answer, postpone the trip. Being her honeymoon and first trip, you really don't want the current sub-par experience to be your memory of this trip.

Giss Neric

Star Wars fan? Teach her how to get a boarding group.
Not a Star Wars fan? Forget it and she'll never know it existed.

Kidding aside, make sure to give her the basics. Disney World is a resort and not a park. Magic Kingdom is not called Disney World and there are more parks than the castle park. Give her/download the park maps for each park so she'll know the attractions and stuff.

Tamandua

You want an honest answer, postpone the trip. Being her honeymoon and first trip, you really don't want the current sub-par experience to be your memory of this trip.
We just got back from Disney World and this is the real advice. Not that you can't have fun, but it's definitely a diminished experience. Most of the attractions are abbreviated to move the queue outside and move things along faster. They are at reduced capacity but it will still feel crowded. It's a much better idea to save the money and wait until things go back to normal.

winniethepluto

I would say try to book some restaurants with outdoor seating if they feel comfortable doing so. There aren’t many food options available right now so it may be nice to have some reservations! Also avoid rides with long waits because there is no fast pass option- expedition Everest, space/splash/big thunder mountain have the shortest waits at night right now. The skyliner is a great option if they want some time to take their masks off and relax. Hope they have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom