BlueShell: The Miscellaneous Mario Thread

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
Super Nintendo World has (unofficially) opened in Universal Japan, and so far, things look great.

Despite how wonderful of a job they did, there are definitely things I would’ve done a bit different. Which got me thinking, “why not create a thread to share ideas for Mario Theme Park attractions and ideas?”. So that’s what this thread is for. Any ideas for the mustachioed plumber, his cowardly brother, his dinosaur friend, his greedy rival, and his Kong neighbours are at home here.

DashHaber

Super Nintendo World has (unofficially) opened in Universal Japan, and so far, things look great.

Despite how wonderful of a job they did, there are definitely things I would’ve done a bit different. Which got me thinking, “why not create a thread to share ideas for Mario Theme Park attractions and ideas?”. So that’s what this thread is for. Any ideas for the mustachioed plumber, his cowardly brother, his dinosaur friend, his greedy rival, and his Kong neighbours are at home here.
First, awesome idea for a thread.

Secondly, there is plenty of things you could do, like Luigi's Mansion. I could see either a plain dark ride approach, or maybe a shooter dark ride using Gaddlights against the ghosts.

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
First, awesome idea for a thread.

Secondly, there is plenty of things you could do, like Luigi's Mansion. I could see either a plain dark ride approach, or maybe a shooter dark ride using Gaddlights against the ghosts.
I was thinking about a possible “control scheme” for that. Perhaps the person on the left could use the flashlight to stun ghosts and defeat smaller enemies (spiders, mice, bats) while the person on the right sucks up the ghosts. Of course, there would be an option to let the CPU take over either function just in case. But I think this might be one way to tackle the Luigi’s Mansion gameplay in ride format, as well as adapting Nintendo’s classic couch co-op.

DashHaber

I was thinking about a possible “control scheme” for that. Perhaps the person on the left could use the flashlight to stun ghosts and defeat smaller enemies (spiders, mice, bats) while the person on the right sucks up the ghosts. Of course, there would be an option to let the CPU take over either function just in case. But I think this might be one way to tackle the Luigi’s Mansion gameplay in ride format, as well as adapting Nintendo’s classic couch co-op.
Maybe. Of course, there might be a risk in getting too complicated if you try to incorporate the actual vacuuming.

Speaking of overcomplicating, I have been trying to think up a WarioWare attraction. While it'd be easy to try something like Toy Story Midway Mania to capture the microgame feel, I've instead been thinking of the idea of a dark ride that could run through various different types of attractions. Almost like Wario's tried to cram an entire theme park into one experience.

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
Maybe. Of course, there might be a risk in getting too complicated if you try to incorporate the actual vacuuming.

Speaking of overcomplicating, I have been trying to think up a WarioWare attraction. While it'd be easy to try something like Toy Story Midway Mania to capture the microgame feel, I've instead been thinking of the idea of a dark ride that could run through various different types of attractions. Almost like Wario's tried to cram an entire theme park into one experience.
I think Mario Kart nailed it with the whole “aim with your head, press a button to shoot” concept. I’d imagine it’s as intuitive as gyro aiming in the games, and a hypothetical Luigi’s Mansion would probably be similar (with AR).

I really like the Wario idea. I’m not sure how it’d work myself, but the concept fits the character well. He’d of course build the attraction/park as a way of ripping off and exploiting tourists, not too far off from what he did in WarioWare Snapped.

DashHaber

I think Mario Kart nailed it with the whole “aim with your head, press a button to shoot” concept. I’d imagine it’s as intuitive as gyro aiming in the games, and a hypothetical Luigi’s Mansion would probably be similar (with AR).

I really like the Wario idea. I’m not sure how it’d work myself, but the concept fits the character well. He’d of course build the attraction/park as a way of ripping off and exploiting tourists, not too far off from what he did in WarioWare Snapped.
Maybe. I'm a little hesitant on the AR tech myself, because Mario Kart is looking so visually cluttered in those videos. Maybe it's something that translates better when you're in the middle of it, but I'm leaning more towards practical elements.

Yeah, I'm not totally sure how to pull it off. Some of my initial thoughts for the WarioWare ride were maybe a roller coaster/dark ride mix with ride vehicles that can spin, so that you could have a "dark ride" scene, a "roller coaster" scene, and a "spinning tea cups" scene.

Miru

Melody Pianissima should make a return appearance on that ride too, so longtime fans can have some more fun with it.

Solaris Knight

I think a toy factory based on the ones in the Mario vs Donkey Kong games is such a slam dunk, especially with Mini Marios and Mini DK's there to sell.

Also a tropical fruit and snack stand using the market design from Sunshine

Brer Oswald

Original Poster
Thought I would put down a few ideas that have been floating around my head. I’ll (probably) elaborate more in each idea in the future.

Wiggler Rollercoaster
While many will probably be quick to point to the DKC Minecart coaster, I think a Wiggler coaster could fit a different niche and do different things. Plus, what better creature to ride than a Wiggler! They already have “segments” which are perfect for ride cars. This ride could take you through a forest and beach biome, with encounters from notably absent Mario characters (ie. Wario and Birdo) as well as other fitting enemies like Mandibugs, Fuzzies, Stingbys, Monty Moles, Spikes, Whomps, and the Gooper Blooper.

Koopaseum Show
SNW is missing a show and has minimal presence of the desert biome. What better way to represent both than the iconic Koopa Colosseum from Mario and Luigi Partners in Time? The show would be a part of the greater story of the land, and would center around the iconic Petey Piranha.

Comet Observatory Galactic Tour (Walkthrough attraction)
Meet Rosalina and the Lumas as you walkthrough the newly renovated (and expanded Comet Observatory) giving you fantastic sights of the surrounding galaxies. Immerse yourself in the cosmos with dazzling optical window displays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom