P & J's Chicken the same as Hoop Dee Doo??

MrsPrice96

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hello,

We love Hoop Dee Doo fried Chicken!!! Wondering if P & J's Southern Takeout is the same chicken? With our trip in March we plan on heading over there if it is. Want to try and logistically plan how to get there from Pop ahead of time. Thanks. :cool:

Schneewittchen

Hello,

We love Hoop Dee Doo fried Chicken!!! Wondering if P & J's Southern Takeout is the same chicken? With our trip in March we plan on heading over there if it is. Want to try and logistically plan how to get there from Pop ahead of time. Thanks. :cool:
I'm pretty active on a competing disney fan forum and the general consensus about a week ago was that Hoop Dee Doo/Trail's End/P&J's all share the same kitchen and serve the same fried chicken.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/hoopty-doo-take-out.3823618/

MrsPrice96

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

epcotisbest

I haven't used those boards in a while LOL. Thanks for the intel. Appreciate it. Now to figure out the easiest way to get there from Pop.

We enjoy going to Ft. Wilderness via boat from Magic Kingdom no matter where we are staying. Bus, boat or monorail to MK then resort boat to Ft. Wilderness, a fun, scenic ride.
Now we have not tried this during the current situation, so I don't know if this is feasible or practical currently, but we always enjoy the boat ride and usually have plenty of non-park days to do stuff like this.

monorail81

We’ve known this for a long time, so we go quite often when we are there. We went in September and were VERY disappointed. The chicken was not as fresh and the ribs seemed reheated. Very different than pre-COVID P&Js. It seemed like it was sitting under heat lamps for a long time (or tasted like it). That being said, we didn’t go when we were at the Fort last week because of it. We decided not to try again until the Hoop (or at least Trail's End) reopens. It’s normally good, but not during COVID.

Worldlover71

Using Disney transportation, here are your options.
1. Take a bus from Pop to MK and then the boat to FW as others have mentioned
2. Take the bus to AK or DS, then transfer to another bus to FW, then take the internal bus to P&J's
3. Take the Skyliner to HS, then bus to FW, then internal bus to P&J's

The first is the most direct option since the FW boat dock and P&J's are very close together, eliminating the need to take the internal bus.

MrsPrice96

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Using Disney transportation, here are your options.
1. Take a bus from Pop to MK and then the boat to FW as others have mentioned
2. Take the bus to AK or DS, then transfer to another bus to FW, then take the internal bus to P&J's
3. Take the Skyliner to HS, then bus to FW, then internal bus to P&J's

The first is the most direct option since the FW boat dock and P&J's are very close together, eliminating the need to take the internal bus.
Thank you. I did not realize there is an internal bus at FW. If we are driving and staying at Pop can we drive there and still use the internal bus system?

Worldlover71

Thank you. I did not realize there is an internal bus at FW. If we are driving and staying at Pop can we drive there and still use the internal bus system?
Possibly. In the past, you could usually drive to FW, park at the Outpost (entry) lot and take the internal bus to the Settlement area where P&J's and the boat dock are located. During busy times of year, there are some restrictions on who can park there and I have heard that lately, they sometimes have restrictions due to Covid. You should check with the front desk at Pop before you head over. They will be able to give you up to date info. If you can't park there, the bus to MK and boat to FW is your best bet and the boat ride is very pleasant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom