MLB 2024 Discussion Thread (Current Champions: Texas Rangers)

MattC

Is it just me or does it seem that the player association just automatically turns down anything MLB proposes?

Buck Wheelie

It would seem like both sides would be working together to get on the field for the fans. Alienate the fans and nobody will be able to pay the big salaries anymore. I know I'm getting tired of their labor problems.

Dad 2 M & M

Trevor Bauer is about to make a lot of money. Goodness.
And we resign Ozuna for 4 Years $65 Million, with 5th year option to bring total to $80 Million.....banking on DH being accepted/implemented for both Leagues

Peeps in Atl bash Liberty Media for not spending money......I'd say the ATL fans and Liberty are a match made in heaven as NEITHER hvae the passion of a winner............

Will the signing Ozuna equate to more peeps in the seats? I doubt it as attendance didn't increase relative to dollars spent by Liberty in 2019, the year after the 1st Division title in years, and Liberty spent to better the roster....

Dad 2 M & M

It would seem like both sides would be working together to get on the field for the fans. Alienate the fans and nobody will be able to pay the big salaries anymore. I know I'm getting tired of their labor problems.
Remember the "Gate" is about 40% of the Revenue....with Gate = Gate Receipts, Premium Seating, and Concessions.

The other 60% is National Media, Local Media, Sponsorships, and Licensing, with the Bulk (71%)of those being National and Local Media. I'd love to see people boycott those SPONSERS as that would really send a message (an additional message).

These are 2014 numbers, so they might be a bit stale.......

Lilofan

Former MLB player and Orlando raised and current Orlando resident Johnny Damon was arrested for drunk driving near his gated community in Windermere FL. His wife in the car was arrested too for assault on a police officer. His blood alcohol content was almost 3x the legal limit. Ouch! He spent the night in jail and then bonded out.

MattC

Been a while since any postings here. Hope everyone enjoyed opening day!

I for one am tired of playing in Philly on opening day. :(

Tony Perkis

Here is the MLB press release:

0A83CAF1-B7EC-467E-9B7D-E382F3BEAFA1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

MattC

UGH.
I. Hate. Playing. In. Philly.

Wheeler is dealing today though.

Edit: I guess it didn’t really matter who was pitching today. We weren’t going to hit anyway.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
From the Terms & Rules everyone agreed to follow when they joined this forum:

3. Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.

The Mom

Premium Member
14. Political discussion is not allowed in any area of the forum. Any political posts are likely to be deleted without warning.

I understand that MLB made baseball political, but political discussion is still not allowed on this forum. Thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom