News WDW loses Pop Warner to Universal and Camping World Stadium

Disneyhead'71

This move will not really impact the "nostalgia" for either resort since, when Pop was at Disney, they did park buy outs at Universal and now that they are at UOR, they are doing a MK buy out.

And @Lilofan, the kids will be fine at CWS. I was a news photog for a local TV station and have done a bazillion live shots from there. Usually setting up all alone in the parking lot at 4am and being there all day. Never once did I feel that I was in danger. (Sidebar: Some of the best BBQ you will ever eat can be found at the tailgate parties for The Florida Classic.)

And since CWS got it's $100 Million upgrade, it is quite nice. The club level lounges are pretty impressive. The kids will love playing in a full blown professional level stadium.

From what I understand, Cheer will be at Dockside and Football will be at Cabana Bay.

Lilofan

This move will not really impact the "nostalgia" for either resort since, when Pop was at Disney, they did park buy outs at Universal and now that they are at UOR, they are doing a MK buy out.

And @Lilofan, the kids will be fine at CWS. I was a news photog for a local TV station and have done a bazillion live shots from there. Usually setting up all alone in the parking lot at 4am and being there all day. Never once did I feel that I was in danger. (Sidebar: Some of the best BBQ you will ever eat can be found at the tailgate parties for The Florida Classic.)

And since CWS got it's $100 Million upgrade, it is quite nice. The club level lounges are pretty impressive. The kids will love playing in a full blown professional level stadium.

From what I understand, Cheer will be at Dockside and Football will be at Cabana Bay.
Good info. Years ago the Citrus Bowl as it was called was a pitiful place to play and visit.

asianway

Wait they gave up the rooms and upgraded them to MK for the buyout?

tallica

Wouldn't it be ironic if Pop Warner uses the first class facilities at ESPN and then stays at the cheaper Universal hotels. Has anyone ever been to Camping World Stadium? The neighborhood is not in the safest part of the city.
Sketchy area and county fair type facility. Location and parking have made me one and done for events at CWS.

Lilofan

Sketchy area and county fair type facility. Location and parking have made me one and done for events at CWS.
The low income residents around Camping World can help you out. They charge around $15 per car to to park all over their front yards.

ELG13

Im hoping this puts the prices down for the values. Im not sad to see them go. I assume its going to be a hard hit for a while from the business stabdpoint but I know plenty of disney frequenters that avoided that place because of it. Im happy to have a few weeks back!!

Lilofan

Good bit of fearmongering and classist garbage in this thread eh?

OOooo better watch out for those scary urban poor! They're gonna getcha! Just waitin to ruin the day of you high class folks.

Ridiculous.
One will feel different if one heard gunfire and K9 / helicopter looking for the bad guy. NOT ridiculous.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

The low income residents around Camping World can help you out. They charge around $15 per car to to park all over their front yards.
You have never been anywhere around other stadiums? The neighborhoods always make parking bank on game day, baseball, football car racing it is all about using the opportunity to profit from what you have.

Sounds like you need to stay home, world is a big scary place.

Bartattack

Just saw this on twitter...

Screenshot_2021-02-02 pop warner - Twitter-zoekfunctie Twitter.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom