SPOILERS: WandaVision Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

note2001

Vision is essentially dead. So why are we getting his point of view at times? It should all be from Wanda's POV.

Slightly OT, but I miss Jarvis and Tony.

waltography

Vision is essentially dead. So why are we getting his point of view at times? It should all be from Wanda's POV.
We do see Vision having some level of autonomy throughout the show - twice now we've seen Wanda rewind the show when Vision begins to suspect that something's not right in Westview (first when they see the beekeeper in episode 2, then when he stares directly at the camera in episode 3). Whether that's a sign of Vision being "conscious" in this world or Wanda's losing her grip within her manifested reality, I don't know.

LSLS

Loved this episode. It seems to me the people are aware they are trapped by Wanda, and don't know how involved vision is. And wanda is more and more looking like a villain. Can't wait for next week.

Jedijax719

Loved this episode. It seems to me the people are aware they are trapped by Wanda, and don't know how involved vision is. And wanda is more and more looking like a villain. Can't wait for next week.
I don't think they are trapped BY Wanda. I think they are trapped LIKE Wanda for their own reasons. I think that they all wanted some form of what Wanda wanted-a "happily ever after" despite tragedy. They don't want Wanda spoiling their own peaceful stories. That is why they are all skeptical of
Geraldine who we know to be Monica Rambeau, friend of Captain Marvel and agent of SWORD
. They wondered if Wanda was from the outside but now realize that it wasn't her.

The repeating clue that has been very well hidden is Agnes' lapel. Some reports say that it contains
three figures with one of them resembling Grim Reaper. We've seen the helmet of Grim Reaper in the cartoon intro to Episode 2 along with bones. Could this suggest that they are ALL dead except Wanda? Maybe they made a deal with someone like Grim Reaper, Mephisto, or whoever?

DCLcruiser

I just noticed in the Last Week portion before Ep.3 that the “Beekeeper” had a SWORD logo on his back. Maybe that sewer is how the real world can enter the show?

Jedijax719

I just noticed in the Last Week portion before Ep.3 that the “Beekeeper” had a SWORD logo on his back. Maybe that sewer is how the real world can enter the show?
Beekeeper will be back in episode 4 according to the promo. And they show how he enters. Yes, it is obvious the sewer is the entryway.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Interesting that some of the background from the deep-dive analysis videos theorizes that many of the residents are superpowered individuals (based on their name and physical looks).

Now, if this is true, then we have powered and magical people 'trapped' in this town with Wanda. So, how did they get trapped? Did they all at one point cut a deal with Mephisto and wind up as his pawns so that Mephisto can get something from Wanda (her twins?). Did Wanda make a deal to bring back Vision, but to do so, she agreed to trap all these powered individuals and she or Mephisto is feeding off of their powers? Did these powered individuals agree to help Wanda bring back Vision, but then something went wrong and they're trapped by her mental breakdown? Or are they not powered, but this experience will become their origin story?

These speculations are based on a theory that these people have analogs from the comic books. They could just be named as Easter Eggs and just be regular townsfolk caught up in the trauma.

erasure fan1

When the first episode started, I really wasn't super sold on the sit-com premise. But now I think I see why they're doing it. That over the top parody of classic TV makes all the moments that the reality breaks, super impactful. When Monica said your brother was killed by Ultron, I was like holy cow whats going on! Lol

I'm not sure how the majority of casual MCU fans are enjoying the show. But I know if you are really invested in the universe, it's must watch TV.

BrianLo

Am I the only one who thought the stork bits were really funny in a classic sitcom kind of way or did I just spend too much time as a kid watching reruns of Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie? :)

I do actually think they are funny, but humour is subjective and 50's-70's humour doesn't land with some people. I disagree that the humour is way lower than what they are trying to mimic.

It will be interesting to see if some people who don't find them funny think the middle of the pack episodes are. When we get to the more modern (family) friends / office type humour.

BrianLo

Also I don't think Wanda will be *the* villain - but I do think Wanda is creating it. I think there is an additional force manipulating her as she manipulates others; if that makes sense.

Whether mutants are at play or witches. There are definitely other supers in the cast.

I'll speculate that this was under the pretence of helping her revive Vision and things got out of control from there. It will be interesting for us to find out what exactly WestView was before this.

sedati

I just want to know why Fred and Linda think they need a fully functioning moat and portcullis.
... and why exactly Agnes was grabbing for her purse when Vision began floating during the talent show.

waltography

A small clip was released this morning. I'm guessing tomorrow we start off with the POV of SWORD then we go into the 80's sitcom. Also notice how Agnes is the only one without an ID...

Even based on the extended look alone, there's already a lot we can confirm here:

Wanda's created this reality, and somehow, real people are involved (based on the board with IDs and their TV world counterparts). Among the notable exclusions are Agnes (which all but confirms in my mind that she's Agatha Harkness) and Dottie (I have no idea what this means, but there are a few theories floating around online).

I'm hopeful here on out we'll start to get more like 45 minute long episodes - it's about what I expect if we still have full "shows" with glimpses of the outside world. We'll find out in 15 minutes, so here's to hoping!

EDIT: Welp. It's not a longer episode necessarily, but the episode does really pull the curtain back quite a bit.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom