Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

JustInTime

Overall, I'm glad it's getting some attention. (And do hope a version of the Tokyo mapping comes, though hopefully more subtle.)

The linear story is my only real concern. JC really needs a script that can change to have long-term reride appeal. That could be done still with a linear story. But Disney tends to go way to heavy handed in recent years. That would be a downgrade.
What exactly is different about the Tokyo version?

EPCOT-O.G.

Attachments

• FBAE8F87-0E13-4C4D-B760-94A4B8D2B1A5.jpeg
    FBAE8F87-0E13-4C4D-B760-94A4B8D2B1A5.jpeg
    380.6 KB · Views: 49

RSoxNo1

Wasn’t Chris New Fantasyland and then Galaxy’s Edge? Both projects that were overhyped/underdelivered in my opinion.
Chris is largely focused on aesthetics/art direction, right? If so, I think our complaints on New Fantasyland were on content, not aesthetics. As for Galaxy's Edge, I believe he was the original lead on that project before Trowbridge took over.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
If the plan is no movie tie in, that really tells me one thing... The movie isn't very good and they don't think it will do very well. Maybe that's a skeptical way to look at it. I just don't see them not putting the rock in the ride unless they no the movie won't be well received.
If they didn't have any faith in the movie it would have dropped to Disney+. I think the movie will fare well even though "Rock fatigue" might hurt it's chances somewhat.

Although everything in the blurb suggests otherwise (or does it?!) I still have a hunch they'll add "minor" movie tie-ins either with this update or later.

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

The fact that they're not forcing the movie's plot into the attraction is really excellent news.

If the story is clever and engaging, I can see this being an overall "plus."

However, it would we nice if they added some dynamic impressive effects, like Hong Kong's fire effects. That would make this a guaranteed plus. Maybe they have surprises in store...

tirian

Overall, I'm glad it's getting some attention. (And do hope a version of the Tokyo mapping comes, though hopefully more subtle.)

The linear story is my only real concern. JC really needs a script that can change to have long-term reride appeal. That could be done still with a linear story. But Disney tends to go way to heavy handed in recent years. That would be a downgrade.
I agree. Some of these new show scenes look like fun, except any linear storyline is going to be clunky and reduce re-ride value. Didn’t WDI learn anything from Kilimanjaro?

UNCgolf

No IP involvement, enhanced and updated scenes, seems to keep the integrity and spirit of the original attraction, I don’t know why anyone would have a problem with this.

I've never been a big fan of the Jungle Cruise to begin with -- maybe there's something I'm missing that would really bother turbo fans -- but I agree. I don't see anything to complain about here.

I don't even understand the complaints about a linear story. Almost every Disney ride has a linear story and it hasn't stopped people from re-riding. I'd personally prefer a linear story to the current joke filled script, because the jokes are so bad that it actually makes the ride annoying. It seems like it would be easy to ignore the story if you aren't interested in it considering the ride path is going to be the same.

The Safari is unique. The linear story was a problem there because the real focus is the animals and the story detracted from that; they were treated more like set dressing than the main attraction.

disneygeek90

I've never been a big fan of the Jungle Cruise to begin with -- maybe there's something I'm missing that would really bother turbo fans -- but I agree. I don't see anything to complain about here.

I don't even understand the complaints about a linear story. Almost every Disney ride has a linear story and it hasn't stopped people from re-riding. I'd personally prefer a linear story to the current joke filled script, because the jokes are so bad that it actually makes the ride annoying. It seems like it would be easy to ignore the story if you aren't interested in it considering the ride path is going to be the same.

The Safari is unique. The linear story was a problem there because the real focus is the animals and the story detracted from that.
I actually really enjoy jungle cruise and I’m still completely okay with it. I’ll always be in favor of giving more love to a classic attraction rather than removal (RIP GMR).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom