Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

WDW Pro

For what it’s worth, WDWPro had it on his list last June. I called hypocrisy over last year’s “event” if they decided to leave in Jungle Cruise’s offensive elements (which are inarguably the most overtly offensive in any of the Disney parks). And the Rock dropped a tip about a possible update a few years ago.

There was no question a Jungle Cruise update was in the pipeline. I wouldn’t call this a victory for Hill...unless of course he called the specific changes and vignettes.

And this isn't the end. More attractions are going to be altered.

begood524

As the comments have pointed on YouTube...is that a SEA logo on Kevin’s jacket?

Society of Explorers and Adventurers

Also to give my opinion on this excited for this I always thought the Jungle Cruise needed some love.
Now that you mention it, I saw a crate near the exit of the ride that had S.E.A. written on it when I was there two weeks ago!

the.dreamfinder

For what it’s worth, WDWPro had it on his list last June. I called hypocrisy over last year’s “event” if they decided to leave in Jungle Cruise’s offensive elements (which are inarguably the most overtly offensive in any of the Disney parks). And the Rock dropped a tip about a possible update a few years ago.

There was no question a Jungle Cruise update was in the pipeline. I wouldn’t call this a victory for Hill...unless of course he called the specific changes and vignettes.
Broken clock is right twice a day.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I hope they do some upgrades to the boats as well. Our last trip I couldn't understand anything the skipper was saying because the engine was so loud it drowned her out.
Speakers definitely need work! Sound like busted fast food drive-thru boxes but a lot of that could also be poor CM training. I've seen many a Skipper practically eat the mic while speaking. Plosives! Couldn't understand a thing! I think it's because they feel they have to yell above the engine noise. Either way hopefully with this new re-imagining it'll all be worked out.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Ok, from D23- I’m excited about the movie, and having Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt be a part of that film. But these adjustments are really focused on enhancing the existing attraction storyline and addressing some areas that needed refreshing along the way. I’m sure the film is fantastic and we’re very excited about it, but integrating the film into our classic Jungle Cruise is not part of this effort. Does that mean that as Imagineers we won’t put Easter eggs in there? We’ll definitely do that. But we are not adding a major storyline or character from that film.

Brer Oswald

Depends on if you're Trader Sam or not.
I meant company wide. Usually, when they post a Parks update that appeals to the clueless Twitter activists that rarely visit the parks, it’s to distract from a company scandal or a separate unpopular revelation. This one also appeals to (most) actual fans of the parks.

Surferboy567

Pro definitely did have it on his list.

This is an instance of what I believe is a positive change.

Surferboy567

@WDW Pro Do you have any updated info on any of WDI’s plans to alter the other attractions on your diversity list besides HoP and JC, and what those changes may entail?
If it helps, I quoted his post from June

One source provides me with the following attractions and experiences which are to be under scrutiny and given recommendations for modification over the next five years:

1. Splash Mountain
2. American Adventure
3. Hall of Presidents
4. Country Bear Jamboree
5. Whoop De Doo Review
6. Carousel of Progress
7. It's a Small World
8. Peter Pan's Flight
I am most interested in changes to:

1.) Splash (we know already and has already been discussed to death)
2.) Carousel of Progress (needs an update anyway)
3.) It’s a Small World (uh...why is this on the list?) this one could benefit greatly from some modern updates
4.) Peter Pan’s Flight (this one could benefit greatly from some modern updates)

Brer Oswald

Pro definitely did have it on his list.

This is an instance of what I believe is a positive change.
I think few would disagree with you. Although I understand the disappointment in potentially losing Trader Sam. Less original characters isn’t good. A redesign should be in order.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom