Jungle Cruise Re-Imagining

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
So, yes movie theme or no movie theme?
I guess it depends if the "AA skipper" mentioned will be a character from the movie or if the new monkey scene will be directly lifted.
No mention of Trader Sam either which if I remember correctly IS* in the movie. It'll be interesting to see how that figure is incorporated.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

So let me see if I got this right - Disney gets rid of ABC Family in favor of Freeform so they can broadcast more adult content containing sex and bad behavior directed at teen and pre-teen girls, but becomes sensitive for adults regarding a few props on a ride?
Parks meet Broadcast, does not communicate - ever!

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 526603

"The Jungle Cruise rides at Disneyland and Walt Disney World will undergo major storytelling updates to remove “negative depictions of native people” as Disney continues to address diversity and inclusivity issues in its theme park attractions.

Walt Disney Imagineering will update Jungle Cruise scenes featuring shrunken head dealer Trader Sam and a rhino chasing a safari group up a tree while adding a new scene with a half-sunken boat overrun by chimps.

“Imagineers are constantly looking for opportunities to enhance experiences, and when it comes to updating classic attractions, they employ a very careful and thoughtful approach,” Disney officials said in a statement. “In this particular case, Imagineers created a storyline that builds upon what people love the most while addressing negative depictions simultaneously.”

Imagineering has not yet determined when work will begin on the Jungle Cruise attractions at Disneyland in Anaheim and the Magic Kingdom in Florida. The reimagined rides are expected to open later this year. Disneyland won’t begin work on the Jungle Cruise attraction until after the theme park reopens following an extended coronavirus closure.

Disneyland is unlikely to return to full operation until spring or summer under COVID-19 health and safety reopening guidelines issued by the state."

View attachment 526605

Sounds as exciting as the last POTC update that everyone loved. Can’t wait.

Brer Oswald

A couple of shows back I believe it’s the one that recaps what is coming to WDW in 2021.
For what it’s worth, WDWPro had it on his list last June. I called hypocrisy over last year’s “event” if they decided to leave in Jungle Cruise’s offensive elements (which are inarguably the most overtly offensive in any of the Disney parks). And the Rock dropped a tip about a possible update a few years ago.

There was no question a Jungle Cruise update was in the pipeline. I wouldn’t call this a victory for Hill...unless of course he called the specific changes and vignettes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom