Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Songbird76

I’m sorry that your husband doesn’t do his share. Is it a cultural thing, or is he just not valuing you? Either way, maybe it’s time for a non-confrontational frank conversation.

Mike is pretty good (actually very good!) at just doing things without being prompted. Every once in a while, I do have to ask him to do something. I never tell.

Not that he was ever a slacker, but he really picked his game when I broke my leg, and then had my hip replaced a year later. I was literally laid up on the couch (unable to even get to the bathroom by myself) for months each time. He did everything for me, and then for the household.

We like to joke about who is going to push whom around in a wheelchair when we get really old. At this point, I probably owe him. 😂

I wouldn't call it cultural...more....traditional gender roles, I guess? I think he absolutely does value me and love me. This is just the area where we have our differences that are frustrating, and every couple has those. I don't think he does it intentionally. He's not sitting there thinking I need to do more or that I'm honestly lazy. The comment on mothers day, he made it in a really joking way, like he KNOWS I'm not lazy every day, just he never gave a thought to what I do. Like....have you ever seen the story about the man whose girlfriend moves in with him and he will watch tv and eat snacks and the next day the coffee table is cleaned off, the floor is vacuumed, etc. And after a while, the girlfriend confronts him about leaving stuff out and tells him to throw it away, and he tells her it's ok because it's a magic coffee table and every day it just cleans itself? That's kind of like my husband. If he doesn't SEE me doing it, he doesn't realize it was done. He didn't SEE me take out the trash, but it's empty. He didn't SEE me put clean clothes away, but he always has clean ones to put on in the morning. Intellectually, he knows I've done it, but without seeing me do it, he doesn't know whether I did that last night or while he was working, and he doesn't see how much time it takes. He might think it only takes 5 minutes to shove some clothes in the washer and start it, but not take into account the sorting, the folding, putting away.

Another story: When my daughter was just born, he got 2 weeks off of work to stay home to help me with the baby. When she needed to be fed, I'd get situated with my nursing pillow and everything and he'd bring her to me and then change her diaper afterwards. When he had to go back to work, I had to do everything myself. There was no one to hand the baby off to. So a couple of weeks after he went back to work, he came home and I was just putting E down in the playpen so I could go to the bathroom. He says "Oh....I'll wait then." I asked him for what. "To go to the bathroom....I'll wait until you're back." I said "Why? We have 2 bathrooms....just go upstairs." and he says "No, I don't want to leave E alone." I said "Honey, what do you think I do during the day when you're not here and I have to go? Do you think I hold it all day and wait for you to come home? She's been in the playpen before when I'm not in the room." and his response was "Huh. I guess I never thought about what you do when I'm not here." It never occurred to him that life carried on and I was living while he was at work. He didn't SEE me doing it, so he just never thought about how it got done.

Songbird76

Dogs are unpredictable, and they really hate change -- any change.

Hubs put a new (black) rubber floor pad on the floor in his computer room, and it's hard to see where it begins, when the lights are off. This is an issue because I nearly tripped over it this morning. So today, he put down white tape where the rubber meets the hardwood floor, and it's much easier to see it now.

However, our dog stops short AT the white tape on the floor -- afraid to cross over it! :hilarious: He stands there, frozen, and just stares at me. :joyfull:
Poor Jack!! I remember when I was in elementary school, we had gone to Disney and Seaworld and such, and my brother got an inflatable shamoo as his souvenir and hung it from his ceiling in his bedroom. One day, the hook came out and it fell to the floor. I'm not sure how long is was on the floor, but Rascal went to the back of the house and we heard this manic barking like there was an intruder. We all go running, and there's the dog, barking at this inflatable toy on the floor. Such a huge threat! :hilarious:

NYwdwfan

I washed the two kitchen mats. Folded them, and piled them on the chair. When I was done the load, I put one in front of the door, and before I could put the other in front of the sink, one of the cats pulled it to the floor and settled in. Soon to be joined by the other. Then the pup.

I’ll leave it there for them for a day or two.

View attachment 525783
View attachment 525784
Last week I was putting a piece of furniture together and I laid a sheet on the floor to place the pieces on so they didn’t scratch the floor or get scratched by the floor. I turned around to place the first piece down and the dogs had laid on the sheet.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
O.k. Update here on the dog's, white tape on the floor dilemma. I was sitting at the desk in the room (and he normally comes in). So he stood there this morning at the white tape line and then -- leapt over the white tape, like its hot coals, if he walked on it. :rolleyes: After a while, I got up to leave the room and he always follows me out (like he's security or something).

But this time, he had to deal with the white tape upon departing the room. He didn't leap out, but his gait was unsteady, and he was walking like a cripple. I had to coax him, "C'mon! Knock it off! One paw in front of the other -- you know the drill !" 🤦‍♀️ He finally made it across the tape, and then bolted down the stairs. :p

Dog world problems. :joyfull:

Songbird76

Thank you. That’s exactly what they are. The artist designs quite a few different Disney related items. His tiki torches are very cool, but were out of stock both times I ordered.
So do you just hang them up as decoration in your house are are they meant to be for a Christmas tree?

Songbird76

I cheated with the dishes today. I had to do them again yesterday as they were still all over the counter. Then today, the counter was full again, but instead of just doing them, I left them and asked my husband casually if he was planning to do them. He said yes, he just forgot. I showered, went to the store, came back....counter still full of dirty dishes. So I asked him if he forgot again. He looked a bit sheepish and said "Oops...yeah. I'll go do them right now." So they are going without me having to do them. I don't like to nag, but I guess maybe it's better than just holding it in and resenting having to do them myself.

Goofyernmost

*twiddles thumbs until 2:05*
I assume this is about the eggball game today. I never had anything against the Packers, but I never really followed them. I am not even really up completely on the playoffs. However, If they are playing Tampa I am solidly behind whipping the snot out of Tampa. I hate Brady. Make sure someone checks the air pressure in the game balls.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So do you just hang them up as decoration in your house are are they meant to be for a Christmas tree?
I guess they go wherever you want. They would have been totally lost (and a teeny bit out of period) on my Victorian Christmas tree, but I had bought them for the Japanese cherry tree anyway.

Now that the Christmas tree is down, the cherry tree is the main source of ambient light in my living room all evening.

Songbird76

I guess they go wherever you want. They would have been totally lost (and a teeny bit out of period) on my Victorian Christmas tree, but I had bought them for the Japanese cherry tree anyway.

Now that the Christmas tree is down, the cherry tree is the main source of ambient light in my living room all evening.
It's a cute idea! People here do Easter trees...more branches really, but they hang little eggs and such on them. That's kind of what your cherry tree looks like.

paastakken.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom