News Festival of the Lion King returning to Disney's Animal Kingdom summer 2021

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I agree they could. Epcot Forever should be running right now IMO. Reservations only/After Hours event to control capacity and “stand here” stickers.
Ask Larry King.

Groups would need to be separated 9ft apart from each other. One group per spot. There’s not enough cast to police it. Covid. Backstage space. Cross contamination backstage. Etc. Etc.

It’s not worth their effort.

drew81

Do we all think they will require reserved seating through MDX and no standby? Basically a park ticket, park pass reservation and then a Lion King reservation.

EPICOT

I am one of these people. I wear a mask and give room only because it’s what makes others comfortable. When you look at the actual statistics, for me and my family there is not reason to fear this virus.
Yep, I find myself in the first group as well.

Figments Friend

Interested to see what changes might have to be implemented for the Show to run.
As already mentioned, the acrobatic monkey segment is one change.
Perhaps a reduction in performers, to keep the 'spacing' more open?

-

drew81

Why? This isn't currently being done for the Frozen Sing-a-Long or the Feathered Friends in Flight show.
Because seating will be limited, there will be demand to see the show and things like this have been discussed.

I highly doubt they’ll want guests waiting in the queue for a show they may or may not get in till the next showtime.

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

The show will be in a modified form to begin with. I venture to say it will be "A Taste of Festival of the Lion King."
Oh, I know. I just had to express my outrage on behalf of my beloved Tumble Monkeys! 😍

I love the bird/aerialist number and the fire dancer, too.

And I probably won't go back to WDW for years (if ever now with the loss of Magical Express), so it doesn't really affect me directly. But the Tumble Monkeys will always be my favorite performers. They are pure joy. ♥️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom