Rumor 40% Capacity Soon? What if I Told You That We’re Already There

Touchdown

Ideally (to the bolded part) but I think in practice the vast majority of those guests will be headed to the Magic Kingdom. A few will go to Animal Kingdom for FoP, but I think almost no one will head to EPCOT and I think the people that show up at DHS will be the people who were able to secure a boarding pass for RotR.
AK closes too early, which i might do it once, but even if I do I’ll hop to another park after that. As it stands right now, I fully expect hopping to MK or Epcot most of the time, if lines look good maybe DHS once to get a ToT ride marathon.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

The rides at MK are all pretty dated. They are nostalgic for me and my family, but I’m not sure how great they are for first time visitors.
Magic Kingdom pulls almost twice as much visitation as Disney’s Hollywood Studios, which was the least visited park at Walt Disney World. Even if it was at max capacity every day the park couldn’t match the Magic Kingdom in visitation. The three most visited parks in the world are Magic Kingdom, Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland.

Miss Bella

Magic Kingdom pulls almost twice as much visitation as Disney’s Hollywood Studios, which was the least visited park at Walt Disney World. Even if it was at max capacity every day the park couldn’t match the Magic Kingdom in visitation. The three most visited parks in the world are Magic Kingdom, Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland.
That’s great, but what that has to the rides being old.

lazyboy97o

That’s great, but what that has to the rides being old.
Clearly the Magic Kingdom is not just the quaint old park while Disney’s Hollywood Studios is the “big draw”. It is the place first time visitors overwhelmingly want to see and they return, and not just at Walt Disney World but around the world where Magic Kingdom style parks dominate their regional markets.

UNCgolf

This is the point I was trying to make earlier.

Magic Kingdom will have the most early resort visitors almost every day of the year, if not every single day. And it probably won't be close. I wouldn't be surprised if there were as many people at the MK for the early 30 minutes as there are at the other three parks combined on most days.

Miss Bella

Clearly the Magic Kingdom is not just the quaint old park while Disney’s Hollywood Studios is the “big draw”. It is the place first time visitors overwhelmingly want to see and they return, and not just at Walt Disney World but around the world where Magic Kingdom style parks dominate their regional markets.
That's all true, but the rides are still old. There is no denying that. Disneyland is a much better park IMHO than the Magic Kingdom. I've heard nothing good about Disneyland Paris and Disney Sea I've heard is worth the trip to Japan.

I don't know how many first time visitors are attending WDW right now. I'm guessing not many. The two trips I've made this year all the excitement seems to be centered around DHS.

Polkadotdress

That's all true, but the rides are still old. There is no denying that. Disneyland is a much better park IMHO than the Magic Kingdom. I've heard nothing good about Disneyland Paris and Disney Sea I've heard is worth the trip to Japan.

I don't know how many first time visitors are attending WDW right now. I'm guessing not many. The two trips I've made this year all the excitement seems to be centered around DHS.
You do realize that the park you are referring to in California is significantly older than MK here at WDW?

UNCgolf

Really? I've heard a lot of praise for Disneyland Paris. Mostly that it's the most beautiful castle park by far, but also that a couple of its attractions are the best version of them across all the castle parks.

Walt Disney Studios Park (the second gate in Paris), on the other hand, does not get much praise at all.

Miss Bella

You do realize that the park you are referring to in California is significantly older than MK here at WDW?
It has galaxy's edge and I believe MMRR. A lot the rides are just better Space Mountain, It's a small world and Pirates come to mind. Of course it's just my opinion and worth nothing. You know what they say about opinions every has one and everyone has heard one.

TrainsOfDisney

It has galaxy's edge and I believe MMRR. A lot the rides are just better Space Mountain, It's a small world and Pirates come to mind. Of course it's just my opinion and worth nothing. You know what they say about opinions every has one and everyone has heard one.
and Indiana Jones... which beats out Rise in my book if all the effects are working.

Miss Bella

MK def. feels more dated though. Imho of course.
I grew up 20 minutes from Disneyland and I was a little disappointed the first time I went to MK, but the rest of the WDW parks and whole all inclusive vacation of WDW won me over. When we started cruising Florida was a done deal for us. I haven't been to DL since 2013. I had a trip booked for 2020, but it didn't happen of course. I'm hoping sometime this year. It's a five hour drive and cheaper. I can use hotel points and stay offsite, and not feel like I'm offsite.

phillip9698

You really aren't refuting his point that the rides are old.

Plus from context it seems he is referring to older 1st time visitors who would be more impressed with Rise than Dumbo or Jungle Cruise. I'm planning a trip for my kids first visit and while I would much prefer to spend a day at HS to visit Star Wars, I'm not spending 600 bucks on tickets for them to ride 4 rides in HS when they could ride triple that on each of two MK days.

Last edited:

Miss Bella

You really aren't refuting his point that the rides are old.

Plus from context it seems he is referring to older 1st time visitors who would be more impressed with Rise than Dumbo or Jungle Cruise. I'm planning a trip for my kids first visit and while I would much prefer to spend a day at HS to visit Star Wars, I'm not spending 600 bucks on tickets for them to ride 4 rides in HS when they could ride triple that on each of two MK days.
If DL ever opens again you could visit Galaxy’s Edge and Fantasyland in one park.

Little Green Men

The rides at MK are all pretty dated. They are nostalgic for me and my family, but I’m not sure how great they are for first time visitors.
Better versions of Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Winnie the Pooh, Phillarmagic, Astro Orbitor and still have the original, Swiss Family Treehouse, Country Bear Jamboree, Tom Sawyer Island, Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress and the only Hall of Presidents. That’s 12 things better.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Better versions of Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Winnie the Pooh, Phillarmagic, Astro Orbitor and still have the original, Swiss Family Treehouse, Country Bear Jamboree, Tom Sawyer Island, Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress and the only Hall of Presidents. That’s 12 things better.
And the Aladdin Carpets!!!!

Oh, and a mine train based on some dwarfs or something.

Fairy32

Visited magic kingdom today. Considering it’s a Monday, in slow season, it was packed. I cannot imagine how bad it was during the holidays. Walk ways full, people walking while eating, taking masks off for photos all over, taking a mask off for an entire ride, quick service serving cold food.
Epcot wasn’t nearly as bad either. Animal kingdom was decent. but it’s clear they are trying hard to get back to normal quicker than the virus is.

Miss Bella

Visited magic kingdom today. Considering it’s a Monday, in slow season, it was packed. I cannot imagine how bad it was during the holidays. Walk ways full, people walking while eating, taking masks off for photos all over, taking a mask off for an entire ride, quick service serving cold food.
Epcot wasn’t nearly as bad either. Animal kingdom was decent. but it’s clear they are trying hard to get back to normal quicker than the virus is.
What about the wait for the rides? Walkways are always crowded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom