News Festival of the Lion King returning to Disney's Animal Kingdom summer 2021

dreday3

Great news! :)

Seeing they just announced they are letting 22,000 people in stadium in for Superbowl (socially distanced I would imagine), I can see more shows (fireworks!) coming back by fall for sure.

ToTBellHop

Need to double those ticket prices....to compensate of course.
Capacity is also apparently at 40%, so I’m sure there will be now issues of crowding.

Chapek be like
1611327813309.jpeg

TrainsOfDisney

Seeing they just announced they are letting 22,000 people in stadium in for Superbowl (socially distanced I would imagine), I can see more shows (fireworks!) coming back by fall for sure.
I’m not sure how the 2 are related. Disney can do fireworks right now if they want to, nothing is stopping them.

dreday3

I’m not sure how the 2 are related. Disney can do fireworks right now if they want to, nothing is stopping them.

It will become more "socially acceptable" as time goes on. Superbowl worked with CDC on this guidance for allowing in the fans, perhaps Disney (down the line) will say the same thing so they can "allow" fireworks.

Seeing fans starting to return to stadium sports (in time, when it's right) will go a long way to easing people's fears of large gatherings. It really will. Then people will want more. Human nature.

And if there are no real Covid spreading events from Superbowl, well even better!

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
This may be the first entertainment offering to use masks for select roles. Still waiting on confirmation though.
Given costuming of many of the performers, the addition of themed masses doesn't seem like it will be that upsetting to the "feel" of the show. I doubt Disney is going to give the performers standard surgical masks to wear.

TrainsOfDisney

Given costuming of many of the performers, the addition of themed masses doesn't seem like it will be that upsetting to the "feel" of the show. I doubt Disney is going to give the performers standard surgical masks to wear.
Never know, I was surprised Disney doesn’t have a standard mask for all CM’s to wear.

homerdance

Couldn't they just test the cast and crew daily and then have the normal show without worrying about distancing?
Most tests only show after a few days of symptoms, so unless the guests are also getting tested this isn’t a good solution.

A better solution would be to install air movers that both filter and remove air vs recycling it

Last edited:

TJJohn12

With the rumors over the death of Nemo, I was really fretting FotLK being at risk - so this news is really welcomed. When the Disney Parks Christmas special didn't mention that Titus was in the show and just said he started out as a "cast member" it had me really worried.

This is really good news for the performers too - having at least some roles called back for rehearsals. Bodes decently for future entertainment re-plussing in 2022.

It's great to see this show return, and gives us a glimmer of hope with more live stage shows returning later this year and hopefully more characters round the parks again, albeit distanced of course

TTA94

I agree they could. Epcot Forever should be running right now IMO. Reservations only/After Hours event to control capacity and “stand here” stickers.

TrainsOfDisney

Sorry but Nemo was only good to take a break from the heat and take a little nap. :)
They could have easily trimmed about 10 minutes off but it was the closest thing to broadway quality that I’ve seen in the Florida parks.

I wish they had spent more money on the theatre... the acoustics were not great and the seats were uncomfortable for such a long show. I know I know... I shouldn’t expect DCA quality!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom