RIP - ROL

Heppenheimer

Rivers of Light may be gone, but that doesn't mean a new replacement isn't in the works. All that time spent building all the seating etc for a night time show won't just be put to waste. I'm pretty sure something will come along... eventually... 😶
Not to mention not wasting the opportunity to offer associated up-charges for evening shows.

mattpeto

Not to mention not wasting the opportunity to offer associated up-charges for evening shows.
judy hopps shakira GIF by Disney

MissingDisney

So glad to have seen it a few times in different settings/weather. When there was no wind, live dancers and all the floats, fountains and lights were fully functional, it was truly amazing. But mess around with even one of those elements and it really changed the experience and show.

I do love the music, though. I still listen to the full soundtrack all the time.

cookiee_munster

I don't know if anyone had responded to this question in another post i made in another thread, but is there no way the lake can be drained, given a concrete bottom and have a rig like world of colour installed?

I think that's what rivers of light was missing, the scope that world of colour has. the lotus fountains were pretty, but essentially 4 floating flower fountains (and that weirdly awkward looking pyro flower) really do fail in comparison to just how impressive world of colour is as a night time show without the need of fireworks etc.

Rivers of light was just missing that "wow" factor that a lot of the disney night time shows have/had.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I don't know if anyone had responded to this question in another post i made in another thread, but is there no way the lake can be drained, given a concrete bottom and have a rig like world of colour installed?

I think that's what rivers of light was missing, the scope that world of colour has. the lotus fountains were pretty, but essentially 4 floating flower fountains (and that weirdly awkward looking pyro flower) really do fail in comparison to just how impressive world of colour is as a night time show without the need of fireworks etc.

Rivers of light was just missing that "wow" factor that a lot of the disney night time shows have/had.
They could, it is all manmade but finding someone to pay for it might be a bit of a slog

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is one of those threads where a glossary of abbreviations and acronyms might come in handy for those of us who have no idea what ROL is.

TrainsOfDisney

If they just tripled the flower fountains that would be plenty with them being able to move around.

They were relying on all those floating lanterns that they had to scrap.

cookiee_munster

If they just tripled the flower fountains that would be plenty with them being able to move around.

They were relying on all those floating lanterns that they had to scrap.
I think that's all it needed. Just more of everything. the lake is a massive body of water. Having watched the show, i have to agree - it was beautiful and unique. it just needed plussing. A LOT.

Magic Feather

How 'bout they move them to 7-Seas lagoon and have them weave around the Electrical Water Pageant? Now, that would be cool!
That would be amazing, but the amount of gps tech that would have to be installed around SSL and BL would never let that happen.

Also, for the record, in theory a WoC style show could happen in DAK, but think about this:
World of Color in DCA is one of the most expensive to build and maintain night shows that Disney has ever done, and it was done in a body of water that was already treated, had a concrete bottom, wasn’t too big, and was (comparatively) shallow. Imagine doing that in a body of water that met none of those criteria. Your costs just skyrocketed just to give a park a nighttime show that could be better accomplished with non-permanent tech.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom