Trip Report Social Disneying *completed*

Social Disneying

So we just returned from a much needed trip to the World!

I did a semi live trip report but wanted to do a more thorough full report and what our thoughts and experiences were going back in this crazy world we have been stuck in for almost a year now.

This year was the longest gap in Disney trips for us in years. We usually do yearly 10 day trips but took advantage of AP’s in 2018 and 19 and went 4 times from September 2018- August 2019. I was way overdue for some Pixie Dust to put it mildly.

The whosits and what’s its galore!

Myself, Gigi-

DisneyB, my patient hubby that has put up with my addiction to all things Disney for 30 plus years now.

And my precious Stinker- (3rd trip) He is as addicted to Disney as his Gigi is. I taught him well. ;)

The where- The Yacht Club (my first stay here and a major Disney Bucket list item to check off!) January 10-16th.

Most people that are familiar with my reports know I despise being in a car. It is torture. For me and for B- because I complain like a 4 year old. He chooses to drive at night so I will fall asleep and not make him question why he agreed to make the trek with me again. I had a tall glass of wine that evening and took a couple of melatonin gummies after Stinker was back out in the car. I fell asleep pretty quickly in SC and did not wake up until a little past Savannah so B had a good drive down. If I make it that far, I am so excited to be that close and don’t complain as much. I nodded off again around Jacksonville and we were at the gate around 6:30 am!
1C7CDE53-F8F6-4F95-92E7-E07E78D884EF.jpeg

It was before 7:00 am when we pulled into the YC and I got the text the room wasn’t ready but B went in to ask, just in case- Score! We got a first floor room just across from the quiet pool and laundry.

6363F706-92D1-41C0-823F-1869B1A790C1.jpeg

A64AC508-7F12-4DB0-9E31-756A71C97CA6.jpeg

While he went in to check on that I had my screen open and ready to try for RotR. Ya, right, as quick as I was, it was a big fat no!
A78075E2-FA40-4F68-B03A-D0DEAE0870C8.png

The room being ready though definitely took a little of the sting away.

We freshened up, unloaded a few things and made the walk to DHS and was in the park around 8:40ish.

I was so shocked that the Christmas stuff was still up. Glad I got to see it again.

We headed straight here-
4890BFDB-BCD4-4444-AD43-BD8E34578509.jpeg

And by 11:30 had been on Slink, Aliens and TSM twice each!
E1943ED9-5C6F-4393-9E4E-C76A91A2F146.jpeg

5D27CA07-2FFC-4D5C-A359-34AB800E04FF.jpeg

187C4560-7E59-466A-B2E8-83295FB11A6D.jpeg

Not bad after being out on the open road all night-
CA5E4C52-0D47-46C2-97DB-DF1C48B79653.gif

k8einwdw

Finally the 6th time, a CM came and up told him that he had been asked 5 times to comply and that security was already in route. I’m sorry, but I clapped. The group glared at me but I did not care. He read the same rules everyone else did and somehow thought he didn’t have to follow them.
I would have clapped too. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Rules is rules, you’re not exempt from them because your mom told you you’re special.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I would have clapped too. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Rules is rules, you’re not exempt from them because your mom told you you’re special.
Exactly... although we saw a few people with the mask under the nose, this guy and group enjoyed the spectacle of fake coughing and touching his nose, mouth. Almost doing it to get looks and see how many times CMs it would take to say something before being thrown out. So disrespectful. Thankfully, the only time we saw people acting this way.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Moving on-

We walked our way around the Showcase-

Stopped for a sparkling wine at Citrus Blossom. I think it was Blueberry-
45D1A78A-EF85-44C6-8090-C26000B20F73.jpeg

But it was so good and there was no line, so I got a Key Lime whilst waiting for Stinker to finish his popcorn and apple juice box we had packed.
When in Epcot... 😝
E2A6834A-6A96-4C10-ABA7-82BD919C233F.jpeg

717579BB-0414-4863-82B1-A15E20254B64.jpeg

We then headed to ride Soarin’ - That real first measurement, when they finally are tall enough?!

Priceless!
0105A0DD-42F4-43EA-A40D-91C67CBD5A49.jpeg

I love that they cheer too, it makes it even sweeter.

This looks a little different.
AEA55BC5-ABD7-4C8E-949A-CC4846703C68.jpeg

We got row one, middle- aka no crooked Eiffel Tower. He loved it!
028DF0F8-3B14-4B13-9BA5-B9804445DB07.jpeg

B7900613-6152-4A83-96C0-F67727C68D6C.jpeg

Little side note-

His Daddy hates Soarin’ and FoP. Loves ToT and coasters, but he is 6’5 and all legs. No way we could have gotten him on Skyliner, so it made for some really funny back and forth texts about that his 4 year old was braver than him. 😆

MickeyCB

When we arrived to the queue for Frozen, we were greeted with a group that were spread out and a CM was saying something to. One particular guy in this group was making a very big deal of keeping his mask below his chin, laughing, coughing and just being obnoxious. I glared as I watched 4 more Cast come up to him and tell him to put his mask on properly. He would not comply. Finally the 6th time, a CM came and up told him that he had been asked 5 times to comply and that security was already in route. I’m sorry, but I clapped. The group glared at me but I did not care. He read the same rules everyone else did and somehow thought he didn’t have to follow them. I am going to assume since when we got off the ride, there were two security guards talking to them that he took it off again on the ride. Normally, I would not shame anyone in a picture, this time I will though, and I was kind enough to black out the eyes. My grandson looked at me and said Gigi why is that man not wearing a mask- my loud reply: Because he is an immature, disrespectful jerk.
A28F1E7E-32B5-4558-9EB5-F56459F3542F.jpeg
Alien Swirling Saucer(s)

Songbird76

That was the thing, we literally would not mobile order until we were onsite. Food would be ready in minutes but honestly it was cold every single time.B immediately picked it up each time too. Flame Tree was the only exception and it still wasn’t warm food just lukewarm. They have to be preparing some items and just letting them sit is all I can figure out.
I don't know if that would follow food preparation laws, though. I remember back when my husband worked at McDonalds for 2 days, we were told that you couldn't serve the food after so many minutes because it would have cooled too much. There are all sorts of regulations to keep restaurants from serving unsafe food. But then, I guess they don't change out food in buffets, either, so what do I know? And I suppose you aren't allowed to take it back and ask them to replace it, are you?

Songbird76

Exactly... although we saw a few people with the mask under the nose, this guy and group enjoyed the spectacle of fake coughing and touching his nose, mouth. Almost doing it to get looks and see how many times CMs it would take to say something before being thrown out. So disrespectful. Thankfully, the only time we saw people acting this way.
I hope they got thrown out eventually! There is no excuse for that. When you choose to enter the park, you are consenting to the rules they have. It drives me nuts when people don't take it seriously. Back in July when our cases were so low (60 per day in the whole country) my daughter and I went to KFC to get takeout. There was a line out the door with distancing markers and we got in line. Shortly after, this woman and her family walked up and tried to bypass the line, saying it was ok because she was only getting takeout. Everyone in line was like "Yeah, so are we. This line is to get in to order, not to go in to eat." She tried to argue, but when more than half the line was also getting take out, she was forced to go to the back of the line, where she stood right in back of me. I pointed to the markers and asked her to please back up and she told me not be so dramatic, it was no big deal, bla bla bla and she wouldn't stay back. By the time we got to the door, she was literally 6 inches from me. I don't like that even when there's no pandemic...I'm worrying if you are trying to get close enough to pick my pockets or reach in my purse....she was RIGHT there. The guy at the door asked everyone to please observe the distancing markers. She backed up for a minute, but as soon as the guy stepped back into his position, she was right up on my backside again. I was so glad when I could get inside and get away from her. And it's not like it costs anything to just stand a few feet further back. Why be a jerk and make a show out of not following rules and of endangering other people? What kind of example is that to set for children? Do you also encourage children to break rules at school or to speed and ignore traffic lights while driving?

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Alien Swirling Saucer(s)
Perfect description!!😂
I'm in. Ready for the "Full Monty"!
Yay! Glad to have ya @fractal and sorry I couldn’t resist with the Full Monty! 😂

007393AD-126F-4728-B454-7C6DF24149C0.gif

giphy.gif

....at work. But I am here now! (Also, not complaining about work because I remember when I wasn’t allowed to go to work👎)
Glad to have you here @Darstarr! Now it is a party! 🎉
17626F93-5A35-4E95-906F-F23E43B64A55.gif

I don't know if that would follow food preparation laws, though. I remember back when my husband worked at McDonalds for 2 days, we were told that you couldn't serve the food after so many minutes because it would have cooled too much. There are all sorts of regulations to keep restaurants from serving unsafe food. But then, I guess they don't change out food in buffets, either, so what do I know? And I suppose you aren't allowed to take it back and ask them to replace it, are you?
I don’t know what the deal was but it was consistent. We could have taken it back I guess but would have been a pain.
I hope they got thrown out eventually! There is no excuse for that. When you choose to enter the park, you are consenting to the rules they have. It drives me nuts when people don't take it seriously. Back in July when our cases were so low (60 per day in the whole country) my daughter and I went to KFC to get takeout. There was a line out the door with distancing markers and we got in line. Shortly after, this woman and her family walked up and tried to bypass the line, saying it was ok because she was only getting takeout. Everyone in line was like "Yeah, so are we. This line is to get in to order, not to go in to eat." She tried to argue, but when more than half the line was also getting take out, she was forced to go to the back of the line, where she stood right in back of me. I pointed to the markers and asked her to please back up and she told me not be so dramatic, it was no big deal, bla bla bla and she wouldn't stay back. By the time we got to the door, she was literally 6 inches from me. I don't like that even when there's no pandemic...I'm worrying if you are trying to get close enough to pick my pockets or reach in my purse....she was RIGHT there. The guy at the door asked everyone to please observe the distancing markers. She backed up for a minute, but as soon as the guy stepped back into his position, she was right up on my backside again. I was so glad when I could get inside and get away from her. And it's not like it costs anything to just stand a few feet further back. Why be a jerk and make a show out of not following rules and of endangering other people? What kind of example is that to set for children? Do you also encourage children to break rules at school or to speed and ignore traffic lights while driving?
I am going to say that they got thrown out and honestly I hope they did. It was just blatant disrespect to everyone.
I know what you mean, I just don’t get some people’s mindset.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
After our “flight” we headed to Figgy, as Stinker calls it. I have the Disney World soundtrack in the car and that is all he will listen to. I doubt he remembers a lot about the ride from his last trips but he loves to sing the song and he has a big Figment I got him on one of our trips.

We parked the stroller and stopped to wave at Joy.

BEDF5DA9-AE8B-405C-A393-26A96ECB5B84.jpeg
F43D7239-991D-490B-ABE7-1BE21803B379.jpeg
D10617FA-1E70-4495-94CD-7825F21D2523.jpeg

She is so cute! ❤️

Then we pretty much walked on to Figment. (We rode it twice back to back) He adored it and sang at the top of his lungs. ❤️

9A8ABCF5-860E-404B-9DCA-E2C08774FB86.jpeg
444FF820-DCA6-4B56-AB4A-9F03F08489FD.jpeg

It still so pains my heart anytime I see Robin Williams. Such a sad tragic loss.

8A30416E-E7B2-48DF-9474-CFAFF53917C5.jpeg

4744465A-FF32-459F-9E8F-651CE28E5243.jpeg
52333D97-561E-400C-A84F-9A7D0BF50E2A.jpeg

My notes say I got a Pretzel and Stinker got more popcorn but I feel like that was after “Finding” Nemo. I don’t have a pic so no time stamp to check but anywho!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Stinker was very thankful that we found Nemo. He told me Gigi, I was getting a little worried.

He also commented that he shouldn’t hide in the same spots if he doesn’t want us to find him after ride 2. 😂😑

(He does not have the vocabulary of a 4 year old, he talks like an adult, cracks me up)

F431ED17-7B77-4EEF-935F-BFCB95205897.jpeg

One thing I was really happy to have COVID-19 pause was the shutdown and change to SE.

So that was our next stop!

FA96F72B-9FF0-43D9-B060-24D621CBD0D7.jpeg

B61B5CDC-F020-47E4-B4AF-4094D19F42D7.jpeg

B9EFDA40-98D2-4639-AE69-A44C2397074A.jpeg

943E8198-0FAF-40BD-8B99-2233871E89EF.jpeg

23431A68-F652-461C-BF03-7A163850EA72.jpeg

It was so weird getting off the ride to an empty lobby. I felt the same way on Figment.

At some point we saw Pooh catching butterflies, maybe that is when I got my pretzel!! 😂
037B5261-7BAA-4604-8DBF-8715F7EA598C.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I intended on stopping by some booths to try some things but as empty as Future World areas were, WS was pretty much hopping, no different than any evening during a festival.

And, by the time we made it to the showcase we both had a very scary reality sink in.

We aren’t as young as we used to be. 😞

C12EE6F5-EFFA-47F4-B59F-E3222612875C.gif

So we headed out so thankful that we did not have to walk to the car or take a bus.

My thoughts as we were walking to the resort-

2B2FCB9F-ADE7-4BCB-8462-F6F96BA030B0.gif

Then B pipes up as we are closing in on the Beach Club-
“Why didn’t we stay here? “

Me:

C443207B-A94B-4D0C-AE47-915F3437828F.gif

The reason I chose YC over BC was because it was a little bit cheaper for a garden view.

Although we had not been in a way longer time than usual, with no APs this go around and with things to do limited, I did not want to push my luck with B and have him complain about price with less offerings.

So I said because it was cheaper.

His reply: I would have gladly paid it.

And, what I felt like doing to him at that moment!

804C4F0D-6464-4B1F-887C-5DF3B5C3D4CD.gif

Oh well, live and learn. 😑

Snapped a pic of my favorite view!
EB20E207-635D-49C6-9278-C25984E0597E.jpeg

B6FF16E3-773A-4A0B-AFE0-65200EB4501F.gif

Then back to the room to order some food, with a healthy walk for the day, considering we had been on the road since 10:00 pm the night before!

6FE4B0F8-5CC1-4F5C-809C-4BC920D65853.jpeg

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
So, a tired day one end with room service from ale & Compass. It was good. My steak was a bit hard to eat with a plastic knife and fork, but it was good and in our room. Stinker never made it for his nuggets and fries!
6AB0600D-E836-4A10-91BC-A26721B2A612.jpeg
E2D70055-2AD0-48F3-906D-81DB016D9AE6.jpeg

He didn’t make it for dinner,so we planed a big breakfast in the am!

Last edited:

Loco_driver

I’m here. I’ve been here, I’ve just been too lazy to tell you I’m here.
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

I don’t think beach club is open at the moment, and If it makes you feel better the rooms at yacht are much nicer than the rooms at beach IMO. I will admit those last extra steps at the end of a long day at Epcot can seem daunting!

Edit: what @Tuvalu said! ^^^

Songbird76

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
You should have told B that Beach Club hasn’t reopened yet. And that you would have had to stay in a BC DVC studio, a smaller room than Yacht, and the walk back from Epcot wouldn’t have been any closer.

You chose wisely, Gigi.

strong woman GIF by Crystal Starr
I did tell him only the dvc had reopened. I didn’t realize the studios were smaller though. I very much enjoyed the YC but he wants to try BC next time.
I’m here. I’ve been here, I’ve just been too lazy to tell you I’m here.
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

I don’t think beach club is open at the moment, and If it makes you feel better the rooms at yacht are much nicer than the rooms at beach IMO. I will admit those last extra steps at the end of a long day at Epcot can seem daunting!

Edit: what @Tuvalu said! ^^^
This made me giggle so much!! 😂

I think from pics the YC Club rooms look nicer than Beach. I truly wanted to smack him though because I had been so careful not to overspend because I knew he would be like it was how much? and this is open or that isn’t open.... I wish I would have spent more now. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom