Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

TTA94

It’s not fair! Lol

No social distancing going on here. Yet they play the safety spiel of wearing a mask and not standing to close to each other.

jrhwdw

It’s not fair! Lol

No social distancing going on here. Yet they play the safety spiel of wearing a mask and not standing to close to each other.

Crying! LOL! There has to be a way for TDO to get back safely!!!! SWO and UOR figured it out, You would think TDO would be capable!

What is more not fair is SDL is open and HKDL can't enjoy the new Castle and the 15th! Is COVID that different between HKDL and SDL?

TTA94

Crying! LOL! There has to be a way for TDO to get back safely!!!! SWO and UOR figured it out, You would think TDO would be capable!

What is more not fair is SDL is open and HKDL can't enjoy the new Castle and the 15th! Is COVID that different between HKDL and SDL?

It’s gotta be more of a financial thing tbo. I mean there are ways WDW can do fireworks. Limited availability/Reservation type thing, space out the guests, run a shorter show. I highly doubt it would cause a major covid risk, no more than other things such as eating in a restaurant for at least 10 minutes and taking off your mask.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney doesn’t generally give a huge heads up to large numbers of cast about this for fear of it leaking, so they generally find out just a little before the public.
Indeed, Disney in general doesn't tell the cast anything about future plans at all, unless it affects their employment or hours.

That's why front line CMs, in general, are a poor source of information about large scale plans. They *seem* like they know stuff because:
1. For their area of work, they are given a heads up for that small slice of Disney workings.​
2. They read the blogs and share rumors... but none of that is real inside info from Disney execs given to CMs, which makes a CM's inside info as good as anyone else's who also reads the same blogs.​

So, perhaps a crew of CMs were given the job of refurbing Fantasmic! stage and were told to be done by February. This might lead to these CMs working on the refurb to tell outsiders that Fantasmic! is coming back in February. However, execs may have been planning to bring it back in May... or some later time depending on circumstances; they just wanted it ready by February in case the preparations ran long. And so, February comes and goes with no Fantasmic!

It won't be until a bunch of CMs get the call to run ops for Fantasmic! that we'll hear about a better target date. Even more so when rehearsals start.

Last edited:

Obobru

Fantasmic isn't opening in 2 weeks. This show requires 100 - 200 cast and crew and a similar number of front of house operations cast to run the regular show 7 days per week. When these people get the call, you'll most-likely hear about it. That call hasn't happened. After the call, it will probably be 5 - 6 weeks before the show opens, as it will take time for the cast to report, time for the crew to prepare the stage, and about a month of rehearsals.
You mean to tell me the original poster just made this up, well that's a suprise. 🙄

gerarar

Premium Member
Has there been any updates or ramblings on this?
Considering the enormous cast this show requires, if there’s any plans to bring it back soon, it would for sure be breaking news everywhere. Also we get monthly aerials of the amphitheater and currently the moat is drained and some bleachers are removed.

It takes weeks to rehearse and get ready, so there will be plenty of notices everywhere about its return.

techgeek

There’s been hints recently of some nighttime entertainment returning this Summer. As long as things do not take a turn in the wrong direction.

That wasn't a hint. Disney announced it's coming back sometime this Summer.

We really don't know when other entertainment will restart.

I think it’s reasonable to use the FotLK announcement as sort of ‘setting an expectation’ of how much lead time Disney intends to announce the return of its flagship shows with.

I would be surprised to see any restart of anything significant without at least a four month lead time. Maybe more like 6. It would be very un-like even pre-covid Disney to announce something as big as F! returning with only a few weeks notice to guests.

TTA94

I think it’s reasonable to use the FotLK announcement as sort of ‘setting an expectation’ of how much lead time Disney intends to announce the return of its flagship shows with.

I would be surprised to see any restart of anything significant without at least a four month lead time. Maybe more like 6. It would be very un-like even pre-covid Disney to announce something as big as F! returning with only a few weeks notice to guests.

Honestly IMO when it comes to them announcing the return of nighttime shows, I think that’s going to be a different situation. I can promise you there are way more people out there itching to see Disney firework shows again than FotLK, and Disney is well aware of this. The last thing they are going to want is a mad rush of guests planning on hitting the parks on a certain date and night to see the shows. How they are going to handle it I don’t know. I’m thinking little notice, likely reservation/FP only, possibly resort guests only, special ticketed party night type thing. At least for awhile. The unfortunate part is no matter how they do it, it won’t be easy getting reservations. Really no way around that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom