Social distanced Fantasmic coming by February.

Movielover

1610269480592.png

1610269513023.png

ToTBellHop

Okay, took some digging. While February is likely too soon, plans are definitely underway to bring Fantasmic! back on line.

ETA: I don’t think any date has been chosen--this is more a case of them wanting to be ready when the all-clear is given, not unlike what is happening at Epcot. Guests expect fireworks and bringing them back gives an excuse to stay open later while spreading crowds out (a large portion of the firework crowd doesn’t also show up at park open). These are already the parks open later, Epcot has more space and drive to fill dining while DHS needs space for guests.

The big question mark is MK. Not sure when HEA will return. Surely by the 50th?

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So do I. Have you ever worked on Disney property? They make everything extra complicated.

I have worked on Disney property. Albeit not for theatre. And yes, they do make everything extra complicated. Even the simplest of things that can be resolved so easily. You are correct.

The amount of “stuff” under the concrete with no quick access is silly.

CJR

It could make sense to launch the two shows on the same night, at the same time. Do both Fantasmic! and Epcot Forever at 8:30pm. At least at first, that might keep people more spread out since not everything will be concentrated to DHS.

Not to mention assuming Fantasmic! fills up, which it probably will, people could park hop to EPCOT for its show or enjoy evening rides at MK, which looks to be staying open until 9pm in early February during the weekends. Didn't expect that in February this year, maybe mid-March.

TTA94

Okay, took some digging. While February is likely too soon, plans are definitely underway to bring Fantasmic! back on line.

ETA: I don’t think any date has been chosen--this is more a case of them wanting to be ready when the all-clear is given, not unlike what is happening at Epcot. Guests expect fireworks and bringing them back gives an excuse to stay open later while spreading crowds out (a large portion of the firework crowd doesn’t also show up at park open). These are already the parks open later, Epcot has more space and drive to fill dining while DHS needs space for guests.

Sorry if I’m not following correctly, so your thinking Epcot should be getting EF back around the same time as Fantasmic? With HEA not returning until... hopefully the 50th? No surprise at all with HEA TBO.

jrhwdw

Any chance HEA comes back with its full intended perimeter launches for the 50th? ;)
I know this is F!'s thread and I've been gone a little bit, but ........

Are we even having HEA for the 50th or a 50th Show?

gerarar

Premium Member
Looks like the one barge is still missing (been gone since October aerials). Also a bunch of the trash cans have been moved to the standing overflow area. Front row bleachers are still removed, probably to allow vehicles to pass thru.

Also there’s cones now on the rising stage platform where Mickey comes out of.

Lastly, plants and shrubs have been replanted around the moat.
October 2020:
E5849CEB-48D2-40A0-9C89-4002742C7232.jpeg

January 2021:
7658C929-6249-4AFC-A474-74CF3116E25C.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom