News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

Cousin Huet

We will be paying to use on-site transportation soon. “Do you have your ‘Disney Magical Transit Card’ on you today? Get him! He’s a farebeating, turnstile jumper!”
We will be paying to use on-site transportation soon. “Do you have your ‘Disney Magical Transit Card’ on you today? Get him!
You actually might be right... they are having cm’s scan tickets at bus stops for park hopping currently. Didn’t think that could be a test for more of that.
I think Frank Shirley is running Parks and Resorts behind the scenes.

Attachments

• 40FD1999-6F21-40AF-8BD4-1F47AB6C1ECB.jpeg
    40FD1999-6F21-40AF-8BD4-1F47AB6C1ECB.jpeg
    420.7 KB · Views: 48

Disney Glimpses

"as we continue to manage attendance with health and safety top of mind, Extra Magic Hours will not return."

I keep reading this and to me it sounds like poor wording. Swap the word 'as' with 'while' and it makes a whole lot more sense. The fact that it was mentioned in context of health and safety to me indicates it will return when COVID ends.

Sir_Cliff

That ties in to the other issue with this "benefit", though -- it's going to require anyone who wants to take advantage to be up and ready to go at 7-7:30 every morning, if not earlier, depending on what time the park actually opens. With the old EMH, people could use the night time hours instead if that was their preference.
This is another nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned for WDW.

One of the things that also left me indifferent about returning after the last trip was the ridiculously early closing times of the parks and shifting of EMH to equally ridiculous early hours. After 9pm every night, Disney Springs was all that was on offer. A vacation for me doesn't involve getting up and shuffling onto packed public transport earlier than I have to for work everyday. Not much of a "resort"!

Last edited:

UNCgolf

This is another nail in the coffin as far as I'm concerned for WDW.

One of the things that also left me indifferent about returning after the last trip was the ridiculously early closing times of the parks and shifting of EMH to equally ridiculous early times. After 9pm every night, Disney Springs was all that was on offer. A vacation for me doesn't involve getting up and shuffling onto packed public transport earlier than I have to for work everyday. Not much of a "resort"!

I thought it was absurd when they would have extra magic hours starting at 7 AM. Why in the world would I want to get up at 6:15 (if not earlier) in the morning while on vacation?

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

I think this hurts most folks in here, like me that are super planners when, it comes to crowds and trying to avoid them as best you can. No longer can you try to zig when the crowds zag by avoiding the magic hour parks. I tell you if they don't start bringing back longer hours again this really really does stink.

Last edited:

doctornick

I live in Atlanta.

Regardless, I'm talking about vacation. That was the point -- I don't want to have to get up that early on vacation. At least not at Disney.

It's kind of funny because I'm a "sleep in on weekends" person and drag myself out of bed to go to work in the mornings. But when I'm on vacations, I'm usually up bright and early because I want to be up and enjoying the activity. I've never been much of a relax on vacation person - if I just want to sleep I can do that at home. When I go on vacation, I want to be out doing the thing I'm doing.

That said, I also enjoy night activities as well and do hope the parks return to some later hours. I mean, I don't think it is unreasonable to have 11 PM closings for example but Disney seems to disagree. I know 3 AM magic hours aren't coming back and I wouldn't expect it but the parks don't have to close at 8:30 either.

UNCgolf

It's kind of funny because I'm a "sleep in on weekends" person and drag myself out of bed to go to work in the mornings. But when I'm on vacations, I'm usually up bright and early because I want to be up and enjoying the activity. I've never been much of a relax on vacation person - if I just want to sleep I can do that at home. When I go on vacation, I want to be out doing the thing I'm doing.

That said, I also enjoy night activities as well and do hope the parks return to some later hours. I mean, I don't think it is unreasonable to have 11 PM closings for example but Disney seems to disagree. I know 3 AM magic hours aren't coming back and I wouldn't expect it but the parks don't have to close at 8:30 either.

It depends on the type of vacation for me. When I'm in Europe or some other location where there are a ton of things I want to see, I don't usually sleep in because I want to do as much as possible while I'm there.

Disney isn't that kind of vacation. I'm not going to be seeing anything new (with rare exceptions, of course) so it's more of a leisurely journey around whichever park or parks I'm going to that day.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wouldn’t this ultimately require more staffing? Instead of having CM’s of the certain park arriving an hour early, now every CM for every park has to arrive 30 minutes earlier.

What makes you think they are fully staffed at opening? Nope...it ramps up. And who said everything will be open? Could be 3 things and they shift some staff for a grand total of an hour...not added labor at all.

They have been pulling back on member perks. Even pre-covid.

Who said “for free”??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom