What would you do?! AKA trying to plan all the things

WDW_Emily

We (2 adults, no kids in our late 20s) are doing down to Florida on April 18th-25th and we are looking for some thoughts with our planning. Currently, we are booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge from the 19th-23rd renting DVC points. We need help with the tail ends of our trip.

Question 1: We are arriving at 12:35am on the 19th, Would you guys either
A. Stay offsite for the couple of hours
B. Stay at a value resort and then hop over to DAK Lodge.
C. Change our flight to arrive super early on the 19th?

Question 2: We need a hotel for the end of our trip, the 23rd-25th. We are planning on visiting DHS on the 24th. Would you stay at:
A. All-Star (save a couple $$)
B. Pop because Skyliner
C. Offsite and Uber to the parks/airport

Question 3: We have a 5-day park hopper (honestly not sure if we will use the park hopper but these are tickets from April 2020). When booking park reservations, Which park in its current state do you believe requires the most time? I'm assuming it's between MK and DHS.
A. Animal Kingdom
B. Magic Kingdom
C. EPCOT
D. DHS

Question 4: In the past year I feel off the Disney forums a little. Has there been any announcements on when things might open such at Ratatouille, Tron, Moana, or fireworks (wishful thinking).

JIMINYCR

Q1. A. I think I'd want to get to Orlando as planned, get a cheap rate hotel just to relax from the flight and arrive at my resort at check in the next morning. This gets me on property fresh with no hassles of transferring from another resort, not deal with changing flights and be a less costly way.

Q2. A. I'd rather still be onsite. The value will save some $. Youve already had the majority of your days at a great resort, so a value resort for a couple of days wouldnt be that bad. You can still ride the Skyliner for the experience even though youre not at the connected resort. You can still use Uber if you wish to.

Q3. DHS if youre targeting the new attractions, dealing with the crowds that are all doing the same. MK next, because its always popular. EP & AK both are more manageable even with crowds. If you are using PH, just announced that you are at this time locked out of getting boarding pass for RoTR. This may change in the future???

Q4. Nothing has really been announced as confirmed dates of yet. Ratatouille is said to open 2021. Tron still very far in the future ( 2023?? mentioned) because of past construction deleys. Fireworks are returning, in limited display. Moana, Innoventions West at this time is in tear down process. No idea of how long the build will be.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

Where are you guys flying in from? I ask just because it tends to make a difference if you're fighting jet lag from the West Coast vs. East Coast.
Q1: I agree with @JIMINYCR and keep your same flight, although I might think about checking into a value resort, sleep in or go to breakfast/brunch and then hit the parks. You can have Disney transfer your stuff over to AKL and then when you're done with the parks, check in and have your stuff already over at AKL.

Q2: I'd either stay off-site and get a really nice hotel (likely still be cheaper than a value, especially Pop). It would be fairly hard to go down from a Deluxe to a value (at least for me!) and then Uber in. But if you're wanting to stay onsite, I'd definitely stay at Pop.

Q3: My guess is DHS as well. But if you use your PH option, you can hop to MK when you're finished up at DHS.

Q4: I too am hoping for word on Ratatouille opening (but am preparing mentally that it won't be open for my trip in April, I mean luck certainly couldn't go my way for that!) Have no clue about Tron. And fingers crossed for some fireworks.

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

Original Poster
Where are you guys flying in from? I ask just because it tends to make a difference if you're fighting jet lag from the West Coast vs. East Coast.
Q1: I agree with @JIMINYCR and keep your same flight, although I might think about checking into a value resort, sleep in or go to breakfast/brunch and then hit the parks. You can have Disney transfer your stuff over to AKL and then when you're done with the parks, check in and have your stuff already over at AKL.

Q2: I'd either stay off-site and get a really nice hotel (likely still be cheaper than a value, especially Pop). It would be fairly hard to go down from a Deluxe to a value (at least for me!) and then Uber in. But if you're wanting to stay onsite, I'd definitely stay at Pop.

Q3: My guess is DHS as well. But if you use your PH option, you can hop to MK when you're finished up at DHS.

Q4: I too am hoping for word on Ratatouille opening (but am preparing mentally that it won't be open for my trip in April, I mean luck certainly couldn't go my way for that!) Have no clue about Tron. And fingers crossed for some fireworks.
Should have added where we are flying in from! We will be flying in from Memphis, TN. This is my boyfriend's first trip since he was 6 years old and all he remembers is Rockin roller coaster being terrifying lol. He keeps asking me for fireworks updates weekly in hopes we get to see some. I hope Ratatouille is open for both of our trips! Thank you for your feedback!

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

I agree with what others are saying in response to your questions... a thought though... What if you stayed at the Swan and Dolphin for your last night? The property is gorgeous and you’re right near HS. It’s way cheaper than surrounding hotels. Swan is my favorite 😉

Happy planning!

Upvote 0

SaltyD

We (2 adults, no kids in our late 20s) are doing down to Florida on April 18th-25th and we are looking for some thoughts with our planning. Currently, we are booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge from the 19th-23rd renting DVC points. We need help with the tail ends of our trip.

Question 1: We are arriving at 12:35am on the 19th, Would you guys either
A. Stay offsite for the couple of hours
B. Stay at a value resort and then hop over to DAK Lodge.
C. Change our flight to arrive super early on the 19th?

Question 2: We need a hotel for the end of our trip, the 23rd-25th. We are planning on visiting DHS on the 24th. Would you stay at:
A. All-Star (save a couple $$)
B. Pop because Skyliner
C. Offsite and Uber to the parks/airport

Question 3: We have a 5-day park hopper (honestly not sure if we will use the park hopper but these are tickets from April 2020). When booking park reservations, Which park in its current state do you believe requires the most time? I'm assuming it's between MK and DHS.
A. Animal Kingdom
B. Magic Kingdom
C. EPCOT
D. DHS

Question 4: In the past year I feel off the Disney forums a little. Has there been any announcements on when things might open such at Ratatouille, Tron, Moana, or fireworks (wishful thinking).

I'd change your flight to arrive super early on the 19th - then take Magical Express to go check in. If you stay offsite for a couple of hours, find an offsite hotel that has an airport shuttle, then shuttle back to the airport so you can still take Magical Express to the resort.

I'd stay on property still and just transfer to a value so you're still on property.

Which park requires the most time? Depends on your interests - definitely DHS if you're Star Wars fans, although AK has Pandora with amazing rides and if there's no fast passes by then, you will have to consider the wait times for attractions there.

No matter where you stay or what you do, you're in Disney and it will be awesome!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom