News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Giss Neric

Looks wonderful and majestic but the gap between fountain and guests is too near. If people can climb the mexico temple then I'm pretty sure there will be some loser or kids who will climb those fountains.

J4546

i wouldnt say the rest of the park. the front half absolutely, but the back half/pavilions area is pretty open right? except the new france expansion that is, and the new gelataria. I agree on the worst attraction lineup though. But I do think once the GotG coaster is running, that with the france expansion and space 220, moana/decor stuff being finished, it will be a much better park.

Little Green Men

I don't follow? The rest of the park isn't good right now, it's a mess of construction walls and has the worst attraction lineup of any stateside park.
SSE, Living with the land, Test Track, Soarin, Sea Base, Frozen, Awesome Planet, American Adventure, Canada Far and Wide, with Cosmic Rewind and Ratatouille around the corner. Nah.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1608705850474.png

Goofyernmost

Then why all the fuss over the way things look? Or is that maybe actually a key part of the fun.
My opinion is that yes we like the esthetics to be within the perceived notion of what Disney should be. All to often the real world realities needed to create an interesting show just cannot be altered and get the same affect. I will admit that the taco in the lagoon is not the most pleasant thing to look at during the day, but, and I'm saying this not having seen the use yet, may be more then made up for when the show actually is in progress.

We heard that uproar about the Swan and Dolphin and especially about the Soarin building. However, in both cases now, the only way we notice them is to look for them. It has been years since I have even noticed the sky blue building that houses Soarin and have never noticed the Swan/Dolphin from within the park in all the years it has been there. There are way to many other interesting things to see and experience to be obsessed with a couple of necessary real life needs. It is important that we separate our fantasy world from the realities that create that fantasy world. Maybe I allow my mind to just not see it, whatever the reason, it works.

Even Walt's obsession with Harbor Blvd running along side Disneyland never stopped the fantasy or emersion. If it had, there would probably be no WDW or any of the other Disney Parks in the world.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I will admit that the taco in the lagoon is not the most pleasant thing to look at during the day, but, and I'm saying this not having seen the use yet, may be more then made up for when the show actually is in progress..
The 21 minutes a day the oil rigs will be in use is inexcusable for the rest of the time they are not. For the multitude of reasons discussed elsewhere.

IMHO of course.

Goofyernmost

The 21 minutes a day the oil rigs will be in use is inexcusable for the rest of the time they are not. For the multitude of reasons discussed elsewhere.

IMHO of course.
Was this one built to big to make it through the drawbridge to backstage or just to much of a hassle to move it?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Was this one built to big to make it through the drawbridge to backstage or just to much of a hassle to move it?
In bad weather the concern was it could take an hour to get them in and out due to their size.

My question would be why not make them smaller. Still big enough to be seen but smaller to move easier. Or design the show to hide the bulk during the day. Or design them to be berthed and hidden on the lake in a new build. Or design them to be less obtrusive during the day. All the above has been done before.

But I fear we’re in the wrong thread for this.

Goofyernmost

I'm sorry but if they had a large amount of whale feces piled up at the base of the center of the new fountain, it would still be a massive improvement over the graveyard. I know the intention was not really to hit us as a graveyard, but it is the very first thing that came to my mind the very first time I saw them. That or 2001 A space odyssey. And the concept of paying that much for the low quality, hardly recognizable postage stamp sized image always seemed to me to be one of Disney's largest rip offs. To those that did, I'm sorry for my interpretation of it. I know it meant a lot to you, but it is just something I couldn't wrap my head around.

Goofyernmost

In bad weather the concern was it could take an hour to get them in and out due to their size.

My question would be why not make them smaller. Still big enough to be seen but smaller to move easier. Or design the show to hide the bulk during the day. Or design them to be berthed and hidden on the lake in a new build. Or design them to be less obtrusive during the day. All the above has been done before.

But I fear we’re in the wrong thread for this.
Well, it was brought up in this thread so that is why I responded to it. So basically they never really thought about the size of the canal leading to and from backstage until it got in the lagoon!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
My opinion is that yes we like the esthetics to be within the perceived notion of what Disney should be. All to often the real world realities needed to create an interesting show just cannot be altered and get the same affect. I will admit that the taco in the lagoon is not the most pleasant thing to look at during the day, but, and I'm saying this not having seen the use yet, may be more then made up for when the show actually is in progress.

We heard that uproar about the Swan and Dolphin and especially about the Soarin building. However, in both cases now, the only way we notice them is to look for them. It has been years since I have even noticed the sky blue building that houses Soarin and have never noticed the Swan/Dolphin from within the park in all the years it has been there. There are way to many other interesting things to see and experience to be obsessed with a couple of necessary real life needs. It is important that we separate our fantasy world from the realities that create that fantasy world. Maybe I allow my mind to just not see it, whatever the reason, it works.

Even Walt's obsession with Harbor Blvd running along side Disneyland never stopped the fantasy or emersion. If it had, there would probably be no WDW or any of the other Disney Parks in the world.
Soarin’ I have to look for. The Swolphin, to me, is more intrusive to World Showcase than the Big Blue Box across the lagoon.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Soarin’ I have to look for. The Swolphin, to me, is more intrusive to World Showcase than the Bug Blue Box across the lagoon.
I’m actually really impressed with how well BBB blends into the sky most of the time. The bottom half is actually painted go away green, I wonder if there’s plans to add foliage eventually to kinda help camouflage it, but like you said, the box and soarin don’t really bother me much, the giant swans behind France though.... if I ever win the loto I’ll pay myself to have them removed.

lazyboy97o

You might have a point if you didn’t have a history of making up “realities” that don’t actually exist.

rowrbazzle

Funny how unknowingly people walk right past the new pylons/fountain. Meanwhile this is a big win for us here :joyfull:
They want to enter the park. Having the entry plaza be one of the most beautiful spots in any theme park has always been an odd choice. This should be the hub not scene one. They put their best foot forward then hit you with a pair of clogs.
Yeah. It's a fountain and it's nice enough, but it's still a fountain. It's also in front of a giant ball like you've never seen before. I think that's what people are going to focus on as they make their way into the park. I'd think Disney would want the fountain to be past SSE so it would have more prominence.

Goofyernmost

You might have a point if you didn’t have a history of making up “realities” that don’t actually exist.
Making up realities? Really, you can never be civil can you? You know there is something special about someone that makes up histories while accusing others of doing the same things. Quite special indeed. My realities do indeed exist, but yours seem to be clouded by your mistaken conception that you know it all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom