Wait times

TTLUTS

Original Poster
I take advantage of this even if I get called I ride another ride, smugglers run or slinky dog dash, because I have an hour to get back to ride which is A guarantee, people don’t really know how to manage their time at the parks, especially when time is gold.

To the OP don’t freak out at the long lines and long wait times, believe 85% of them are half the wait and even then you are always moving and always on the go you can’t even catch your breath.

Having said that the only accurate queues were the carousel, mad tea cup, mickey and minnies broke down on me while I was waiting so of course it was an issue but still, I did a lot more than I would had done with Fastpass + it’s liberating to not stress about planning this trip, having said that also think of your upcoming trip and go in with the Maxpass mentality and you will do and see everything because it works exactly the same way the queues are short despite the posted wait times, yes frozen ever after was all the way in middle of china but after 20 minutes we boarded the ships and got on so there’s that Despite the 55 minute app posted wait Which is literally what you would had waited With a fast pass reservation anyways lol
I dont stress about planning trips at all, actually its the exact opposite.....I love being able to book my 3 FP+'s and then using touring plans to plan the rest of my day around that..........

Trackmaster

Sorry if I got the name wrong. We stayed at Portofino Bay and whatever they had was included in the package. Regardless of name, we still did not think well of the Universal system.

To be honest, its not the best. I go to theme parks all across the country and I've been to most of them, even obscure ones. I usually get whatever skip the line pass they're selling, Universal is probably the most disappointing. Its pretty expensive and you really don't skip much of the line. I'm amazed at how oversold it is, but I think its inflated because they give them out to free for premium hotel guests. The After 4 Express on my Premier is kind of a joke. The park's filtering out and the only people left are Express holders. Back in the day, the single rider line was the way to go, as it was even faster than Express. Even if they want to sell Express, they should probably have some kind of reservation system for it just to make that when you do enter a line, you're not waiting an hour for it. Fast Pass is great because they have hard limits at a given time for each ride.

MattFrees71

I've been loving no FP. Even if the wait is longer, having the line consistently move makes the world of difference for me. I love how the line for rides like Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan's Flight move blissfully quick as they are designed to. I was even surprised at how fast the Space Mountain line moved. I waited only about 25 min despite the line coming out the door. The last time I went was in late November right as Thanksgiving crowds were starting, so I haven't quite experienced everything at full crowd levels yet. It is a trade-off, as you do wait longer than you would with a FP, but I don't miss how slow the standby would be for rides such as Seven dwarfs, Space Mtn, or Peter Pan's Flight: that annoyed the "blank" out of me. I'm going with family Christmas week, so we'll see how it is then....

Last edited:

TTLUTS

Original Poster
I've been loving no FP. Even if the wait is longer, having the line consistently move makes the world of difference for me. I love how rides like Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan's Flight move blissfully quick as they are designed to. I was even surprised at how fast the Space Mountain line moved. I waited only about 25 min even with the line coming out the door. The last time I went was in late November right as Thanksgiving crowds were starting, so I haven't quite experienced everything at full crowd levels yet. I'm going with family Christmas week, so we'll see how it is then....
The point of lines moving making a difference makes no sense to me.....waiting is waiting

MattFrees71

The point of lines moving making a difference makes no sense to me.....waiting is waiting
Yes if standby with no FP is outrageously longer there comes a point where it doesn't matter if the line is moving. But for a ride like Peter Pan's flight, waiting 25-30min. with a continually moving line vs. waiting 10min. (or even slightly longer as I experienced on super crowded days) with FP isn't enough of a difference for me to stomp my feet down. If you were late to the game to get Fastpasses, that's the difference of not bothering to even get in line since standby is so long (with FP existing), vs. having it worth your time and being able to ride (the way it is now).

Trackmaster

I've been loving no FP. Even if the wait is longer, having the line consistently move makes the world of difference for me. I love how the line for rides like Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan's Flight move blissfully quick as they are designed to. I was even surprised at how fast the Space Mountain line moved. I waited only about 25 min despite the line coming out the door. The last time I went was in late November right as Thanksgiving crowds were starting, so I haven't quite experienced everything at full crowd levels yet. It is a trade-off, as you do wait longer than you would with a FP, but I don't miss how slow the standby would be for rides such as Seven dwarfs, Space Mtn, or Peter Pan's Flight: that annoyed the "blank" out of me. I'm going with family Christmas week, so we'll see how it is then....

What's even better than a line that's moving slightly faster than moving backwards (AKA moving a few feet every 7 minutes instead of every 9 minutes)? Um... walking on without a line with a Fast Pass in hand... What's better than that?

MattFrees71

What's even better than a line that's moving slightly faster than moving backwards (AKA moving a few feet every 7 minutes instead of every 9 minutes)? Um... walking on without a line with a Fast Pass in hand... What's better than that?
Yes, exactly as I touched on in my previous comment (not the one you quoted). It is indeed faster with FP on an individual basis, but the current setup widens one's options for rides the whole day rather than a few rides with FP and a much longer wait for ones on standby you can't get FP for. The last few times I went, I was able to go on Peter Pan's flight and Space Mountain each visit whereas in the past, if I had not been able to get a fastpass for those, much of the time I would skip out rather than wait in the grueling standby line. Personally, depending on how badly I want to go on given ride, I don't like waiting over 30-40 min; and during this no-FP situation we are in now, I've been able to get on my favorites with a wait no longer (and even lower) than that and I'm satisfied.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom