News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

trainplane3

View attachment 518543I’m assuming those metal structures and wiring(?) are for the lighting package for the fountain, but it seems a little strange for them to just be sitting there in plain sight all the time. Does anyone know if they are temporary?
You don't want to put them into place only to have issues. Test them where it's easy to troubleshoot and then put them into the fountain.

trainplane3

Can we get the Imagineer in charge of this promoted to all of Epcot? because this looks good...
I'll be nice and give 50% of the credit to the current WDI team. All they did was propose the original entrance and then tweak it slightly. The original Epcot Center team gets the other half. Funnily enough most of what they did is holding up better then the team(s) that "overhauled" it in the 90s-00s.

DreamfinderGuy

Still trying to verify, but in case it happens before I can: When the new entrance is revealed w/ the fountain, that is potentially the launch day for new SSE lighting and a new BGM loop for the entrance. Still trying to get it confirmed by at least one other person that I trust.
Wow, really? If SSE's new lighting is anything more than swapping out the actual light fixtures I don't see it happening this year, and Disney seems to have hammered it in pretty well that the fountain will open this year.

Magic Feather

Wow, really? If SSE's new lighting is anything more than swapping out the actual light fixtures I don't see it happening this year, and Disney seems to have hammered it in pretty well that the fountain will open this year.
That was my thought, which is why I’m trying to get it verified a little more concretely. I could see a “static” version of SSE’s new lighting being ready for the end of the year, but some of the things I heard about it don’t sound like things that could be done in 2 weeks.

hpyhnt 1000

That was my thought, which is why I’m trying to get it verified a little more concretely. I could see a “static” version of SSE’s new lighting being ready for the end of the year, but some of the things I heard about it don’t sound like things that could be done in 2 weeks.

Everyone knows the best deals on lights come after Christmas. Disney is just waiting. A few more weeks and these bad boys will be on clearance! ;)

QQW3VOJFMRPPTJCRJVRY6WT3LA.jpg

techgeek

I am vaguely aware that the plan is for SSE to change colors... but I am very much not a fan of that idea, personally. I think the static and original color palette is iconic and better left alone.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am vaguely aware that the plan is for SSE to change colors... but I am very much not a fan of that idea, personally. I think the static and original color palette is iconic and better left alone.
My personal opinion: I *hate* orange light. And SSE abuses it.

techgeek

Thelazer

I'm hoping that the new LED lighting, is perhaps only ONCE "Look" per night.
Or at the very least, a slow change thru a 6 hour loop.

Subtle is better here, with a nod to the original lighting scheme designed way back in 1982.

We will most likely get a disco ball acid trip show however.

hpyhnt 1000

I'm hoping that the new LED lighting, is perhaps only ONCE "Look" per night.
Or at the very least, a slow change thru a 6 hour loop.

Subtle is better here, with a nod to the original lighting scheme designed way back in 1982.

We will most likely get a disco ball acid trip show however.

This. Hopefully they keep it subtle.

Interestingly, they did tone down the lighting on Cinderella Castle a while back. In the aughts it used to cycle through multiple color combos pretty frequently, some more attractive than others. You can see a time lapse of this in the tilt shift video Disney produced in 2009.

(Also, Spectromagic... :()

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom