MMRR- Sup with Goofy

fngoofy

Original Poster
So this has been driving me nuts. The window Goofy appears in has an arched top, but the projection is straight across. Really blows the illusion for me... unless I am missing something. Your thoughts?
2020-wdw-hollywood-studios-mickey-and-minnies-runaway-railway-opening-conductor-goofy.jpg

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
So this has been driving me nuts. The window Goofy appears in has an arched top, but the projection is straight across. Really blows the illusion for me... unless I am missing something. Your thoughts?
2020-wdw-hollywood-studios-mickey-and-minnies-runaway-railway-opening-conductor-goofy.jpg
I don't think you're missing anything. Projections being cheap.

harryk

I did not notice this what with the ride moving so quickly when it begins and there is so much going on as the ride progresses. Now, on subsequent rides when you are able to take the time to watch individual elements this may be an observation. The first time through - you are seeing lots of things quickly. At the exit of the ride while awaiting the 'train' to move to the final stop, guest at the rear of the train were not able to see all of the diorama on the left of the train -- it did not move all the way forward while waiting to move to the dismount area.

lazyboy97o

It looks like someone really underestimated the required depth of the header, but even that’s not a good excuse. At a minimum, whenever it was realized the full arch could not be media the shape of the opening should have been changed. A rectangular opening would have worked.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Short of replacement I would think a serviceable fix would be to add either a similar matching curtain at the top to hide the gap or reposition the effect so that there is a gap at the bottom which would then be covered by a similar matching wooden plank or some combination of the two. Would doing that be cheaper than full out replacement? IDK. :SHRUGS:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I can't believe that's a design flaw, so I'll arbitrarily blame the accountants who probably balked when they saw the price for the screen big enough to fill that gap.

SJG

Worst new ride ever.
We're so hoping the Star Wars Cruiser is affordable. Now that's a worthy line/list to wait for!

JIMINYCR

And I'm upset that Goofys tugging on the chord with his left hand. All the Disney engineers I've ridden with use their right hands. :joyfull::joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom