News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

Bocabear

Still could see if there is space and move it to TSL and Add Trixie to the top of the ride..
Actually that is a pretty good idea... In a park that still needs more attractions, this could help add capacity...and would totally fit theme... leaving a nice piece of land ripe for redevelopment... Maybe a Pacific Islands section of the park...Hosted by Moana, and featuring the Moana Water feature from EPCOT where it would make sense...

Cmdr_Crimson

Actually that is a pretty good idea... In a park that still needs more attractions, this could help add capacity...and would totally fit theme... leaving a nice piece of land ripe for redevelopment... Maybe a Pacific Islands section of the park...Hosted by Moana, and featuring the Moana Water feature from EPCOT where it would make sense...
*cough* Excavator Coaster *cough*
ak+dinos+7.jpg

Bocabear

I love the idea of the excavator actually making it to the park...or would it be seen as too similar now with the Universal Raptor rollercoaster.... 2 dinosaur themed coasters in the same region....though I know the Disney one was planned long before and unfortunately shelved.

Cmdr_Crimson

I love the idea of the excavator actually making it to the park...or would it be seen as too similar now with the Universal Raptor rollercoaster.... 2 dinosaur themed coasters in the same region....though I know the Disney one was planned long before and unfortunately shelved.
It's as oddly ironic as two velociraptor encounters decided to show up around the same time in the same region a while back..One made it work.....The other...Weeeelllll, not so much.

The problem is...

Unless they're planning to close TriceraTop Spin, the carnival theme isn't going anywhere.

Hopefully this means that a total removal or replacement of Dino-Rama is near, but I wouldn't hold our breaths quite yet...
Funny you should say that. Triceratop Spin shares infrastructure with Primevil Whirl. Electrical and Air Compressors for it are located in the building that’s in the middle of Primevil Whirl. If there’s a drastic change to the area, I fully expect something to happen to Triceratop Spin.

Jones14

Any chance they take the ride track down? There’s that Rhode interview from a few years back where he mentioned it could go overnight if they wanted to remove it.

matt9112

The problem is...

Unless they're planning to close TriceraTop Spin, the carnival theme isn't going anywhere.

Hopefully this means that a total removal or replacement of Dino-Rama is near, but I wouldn't hold our breaths quite yet...
I dont think there is any budget for that...any time soon.

UNCgolf

I dont think there is any budget for that...any time soon.

Plus, with Rohde gone and the way Disney has been operating with other rides (Tron and GotG, mainly), it's possible they'd actually do something worse than the carnival. At least in terms of just dropping in a gigantic box that towers over the area, even if the attraction itself was better (and it should be; it would be hard to be worse).

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Funny you should say that. Triceratop Spin shares infrastructure with Primevil Whirl. Electrical and Air Compressors for it are located in the building that’s in the middle of Primevil Whirl. If there’s a drastic change to the area, I fully expect something to happen to Triceratop Spin.
WITSEC relocated to DHS with a new identity. 🤞

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom