The Proposals

Suchomimus

What would you Rename the lands and the rides and would six Flags buy Disneyland as well
axJmn.gif

Outbound

1606766523240.png

Instead of renaming the land to fit the new theme, I suggest changing the theme to fit the old name.

1606766564191.png

DCA never lived up to its name, so I suggest a major overhaul of nearly every land. Here the big changes:
  • Hollywood Land is split in two: Hollywood Studios is an old 1930s film studio, while "Los Angeles" is the rest, replacing the tacky backlot theme with an authentic LA-inspired region. Hollywood Studios swaps Monsters Inc for a Muppets dark ride themed to them attempting to create the latest blockbuster. Los Angeles gets a trackless dark ride inspired by Once Upon a Time in Hollywood starring an adventure around LA County. The Tower of Terror, already replaced by an admittedly fun but in no way appropriate GOTG ride, is gutted in favor of extra space.
  • Morro Bay Aquarium instead of Avengers Campus. Wow, whaddya know? A fun IP that actually fits into the park! The flat rides from Bugs Land can stay but are rethemed to Finding Dory. A kiddie log flume is installed in the theater location.
  • Coronado Square is shamelessly stolen from Hulk's SA4 final project. A Mexican themed village dedicated to California's Hispanic heritage featuring a Zorro dark ride and the Coco IP. What a great idea! This would seamlessly connect LA to Cars Land, establishing a "desert loop" along the far left of the park.
  • American Desert is dependant on how far Blue Sky goes. To completely overhaul the park, Cars Land would be "de-Cars" and gain a more realistic look. Radiator Springs Racers would become a friendly drag race between two biker/car gangs. However, this is definitely the most unlikely and unnecessary of my suggestions. It would highly unlikely for Disney to abandon such a profitable IP.
  • San Francisco now takes up the region across Paradise Pier. The Little Mermaid is replaced with an Inside Out themed simulator, in the vein of Smuggler's Run where groups of five each serve as an "emotion" and must work together to appropriately address each situation. Goofy's Sky School is themed to a runaway trolley headed down Lombard Street. Last, a small Chinatown District features a museum dedicated to the Chinese Immigrants to California.
  • Paradise Pier is restored in all its former glory.
I imagine many other smaller changes would take place, upgrading each land to properly represent the Golden State!

Last edited:

Chaos Cat

Sorry I haven't been proposing much here; combination of starting a side project for work and previous prompts not really sparking anything. I do have a good idea for this, though:

Disney Boomtown Adventure
This would come with a new backstory about how something was discovered here (not sure what exactly, leaning towards some sort of magical power source) that attracted all sorts of people there and now the area is, well, a boomtown. Each land could be a different district of the town and we could even use the new backstory as an excuse to fix up some of the more lacking lands *cough*Hollywoodland*cough*.

Exactly one person is going to pick up on the foreshadowing in this.

Last edited:

NateD1226

Original Poster
This one wins! Everyone else can go home.

Disney/Pixar-Marvel Studios (Park) :p
The Runner Up!

Disney California Adventure - Disney’s Compass Park
This one is great! Simple and still fits the park

Disney's California Adventure really has become a muddled mess when it comes to its theme. However, I think I've found a thread through which to reweave all the current lands of the park into one idea: a vacation. I present...

Disney's Vacation Adventure

a-goofy-movie.jpg

When the time comes calling to take a vacation from your hectic day-to-day life, let Disney hand you the guide for an exciting vacation! Take a spin as you see the sights and stars along Buena Vista Street and Hollywood Land, taking in some of that old-school Hollywood magic! Hit the open road in Cars Land, or slow down for that beautiful scenery in Grizzly Peak! Take a break to enjoy the treats of Pacific Wharf, before enjoying the thrills and fun of old-fashioned seaside resorts with Paradise Gardens Park and the Pixar Pier! And finally, you'll see a scientific exposition straight from your favorite Marvel movies once Avengers Campus opens its doors!
I absolutely love this! It puts a spin on how to view a theme park which I like.

-Disney Superstar Adventures
-Disney Streets of Wonder
-Golden Trails
Great names! I really like Golden Trails

Maybe build on Dash's idea with something like Disney's Grand Destiantions or Disney's Joyous Journeys Park. Idk, I've always been bad at names lol
Same here. It is not fun coming up with names. That is why I made y'all do it :p

Six Flags Over Anaheim
Amazing. Brilliant. Spectacular.

View attachment 516392

Instead of renaming the land to fit the new theme, I suggest changing the theme to fit the old name.

View attachment 516394

DCA never lived up to its name, so I suggest a major overhaul of nearly every land. Here the big changes:
  • Hollywood Land is split in two: Hollywood Studios is an old 1930s film studio, while "Los Angeles" is the rest, replacing the tacky backlot theme with an authentic LA-inspired region. Hollywood Studios swaps Monsters Inc for a Muppets dark ride themed to them attempting to create the latest blockbuster. Los Angeles gets a trackless dark ride inspired by Once Upon a Time in Hollywood starring an adventure around LA County. The Tower of Terror, already replaced by an admittedly fun but in no way appropriate GOTG ride, is gutted in favor of extra space.
  • Morro Bay Aquarium instead of Avengers Campus. Wow, whaddya know? A fun IP that actually fits into the park! The flat rides from Bugs Land can stay but are rethemed to Finding Dory. A kiddie log flume is installed in the theater location.
  • Coronado Square is shamelessly stolen from Hulk's SA4 final project. A Mexican themed village dedicated to California's Hispanic heritage featuring a Zorro dark ride and the Coco IP. What a great idea! This would seamlessly connect LA to Cars Land, establishing a "desert loop" along the far left of the park.
  • American Desert is dependant on how far Blue Sky goes. To completely overhaul the park, Cars Land would be "de-Cars" and gain a more realistic look. Radiator Springs Racers would become a friendly drag race between two biker/car gangs. However, this is definitely the most unlikely and unnecessary of my suggestions. It would highly unlikely for Disney to abandon such a profitable IP.
  • San Francisco now takes up the region across Paradise Pier. The Little Mermaid is replaced with an Inside Out themed simulator, in the vein of Smuggler's Run where groups of five each serve as an "emotion" and must work together to appropriately address each situation. Goofy's Sky School is themed to a runaway trolley headed down Lombard Street. Last, a small Chinatown District features a museum dedicated to the Chinese Immigrants to California.
  • Paradise Pier is restored in all its former glory.
I imagine many other smaller changes would take place, upgrading each land to properly represent the Golden State!
This is amazing! I really like how you got rid of almost all IP that was there and put new ones that actually make sense lmao. My favorite lands would have to be American Desert and Coronado Springs.

Sorry I haven't been proposing much here; combination of starting a side project for work and previous prompts not really sparking anything. I do have a good idea for this, though:

Disney Boomtown Adventure
This would come with a new backstory about how something was discovered here (not sure what exactly, leaning towards some sort of magical power source) that attracted all sorts of people there and now the area is, well, a boomtown. Each land could be a different district of the town and we could even use the new backstory as an excuse to fix up some of the more lacking lands *cough*Hollywoodland*cough*.

Exactly one person is going to pick up on the foreshadowing in this.
I really like this! I think this is something that could you expand on it the future if you are up for the challenge!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Day 5

It’s finally December! It’s time to get cozy, hang out with the family, and watch Christmas movies and specials. To get into this cozy feeling I have a special prompt just for the beginning of the Christmas season!

disney christmas | Tumblr

Your task is to…

Propose a new holiday movie or special for Disney+

It can be for any IP property or even an original movie. Just make sure it has the Christmas spirit!

Some reminders:
  • You can keep it simple! You don’t have to make a full blown 10 page document on the ride. You can do a couple sentences and/or a few pictures. Whatever you feel comfortable with
  • Don’t be scared to share your ideas! Every idea is a good idea
  • Have fun with it! Don’t be afraid to think outside the box.

Now get to thinkin’!

DashHaber

Day 5

It’s finally December! It’s time to get cozy, hang out with the family, and watch Christmas movies and specials. To get into this cozy feeling I have a special prompt just for the beginning of the Christmas season!

Your task is to…

It can be for any IP property or even an original movie. Just make sure it has the Christmas spirit!

Some reminders:
  • You can keep it simple! You don’t have to make a full blown 10 page document on the ride. You can do a couple sentences and/or a few pictures. Whatever you feel comfortable with

Now get to thinkin’!
Alright, so, a new holiday special. What to do, what to do? Well, Mickey Mouse has appeared in plenty of Christmas specials. You know who hasn't, and who Disney has been trying to figure out how to "re-introduce" to the public? Why, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit! I propose a new Disney+ animated special in the vein of the recent Mickey Mouse shorts called...

Mickey and Oswald's Lucky Christmas!

ShakingHands.jpg

It's the holiday season, and Mickey has invited a pair of old friends to visit for a big Christmas party: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, and his girlfriend Ortensia the cat! Oswald's happy to be there, but feels like he's stuck in the shadow of Mickey Mouse. Even when he tries to help prepare for the party using his patented gadgets, it seems like everyone's attention is on Mickey. However, he gets his chance to prove his worth when Christmas is threatened by the Mad Doctor, a demented scientist angry that no one ever gave him any presents during the holidays. In the end, Oswald learns that he didn't need to do any grand gestures to grab everyone's attention. He was always loved by his good pal Mickey Mouse, no matter what time of year it was.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Day 5

Your task is to…

Some reminders:

Now get to thinkin’!
A Goofy Christmas!

Takes place in between Goofy Movie and Extremely Goofy Movie. Done loosely in the same universe as the current Ducktales, but no direct ties other than the animation and maybe an Easter Egg or two. Could serve as a backdoor pilot for a new Goof Troop or just be a fun Christmas movie!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Alright, so, a new holiday special. What to do, what to do? Well, Mickey Mouse has appeared in plenty of Christmas specials. You know who hasn't, and who Disney has been trying to figure out how to "re-introduce" to the public? Why, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit! I propose a new Disney+ animated special in the vein of the recent Mickey Mouse shorts called...

Mickey and Oswald's Lucky Christmas!

ShakingHands.jpg

It's the holiday season, and Mickey has invited a pair of old friends to visit for a big Christmas party: Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, and his girlfriend Ortensia the cat! Oswald's happy to be there, but feels like he's stuck in the shadow of Mickey Mouse. Even when he tries to help prepare for the party using his patented gadgets, it seems like everyone's attention is on Mickey. However, he gets his chance to prove his worth when Christmas is threatened by the Mad Doctor, a demented scientist angry that no one ever gave him any presents during the holidays. In the end, Oswald learns that he didn't need to do any grand gestures to grab everyone's attention. He was always loved by his good pal Mickey Mouse, no matter what time of year it was.
This is wonderful! The story is very sweet and anything that brings back Oswald is an A+ to me.

Star Wars Holiday Special 2
tzl3mnr1iv161.jpg

Upon visiting Endor, Grogu gets into trouble and Mando has to go searching for him. Eventually he is found camouflaged in the Christmas tree
EoHSBE6WEAIxC4b.jpg
Baby Yoda The Child Grogu is the perfect way to bring back the Star Wars Christmas Special. I think I have that same ornament lol

A Goofy Christmas!

Takes place in between Goofy Movie and Extremely Goofy Movie. Done loosely in the same universe as the current Ducktales, but no direct ties other than the animation and maybe an Easter Egg or two. Could serve as a backdoor pilot for a new Goof Troop or just be a fun Christmas movie!
Love this! Goofy really is such a good character to base any movie around which makes me suprised they haven't done a whole Christmas movie around him and Max.

Ducktales: The Christmas Mission
A Ducktales 2 parter, 30 minutes each, adding up to 60 minutes. Magica De Spell attempts to ruin Christmas by covering the world in a massive blizzard and the Ducktales crew have to save Christmas.
Very fun! This would be a perfect addition to Disney+ for it's great story.

NateD1226

Original Poster
Day 6

Today we are heading to a park that is just a few miles away from Disneyland in California. I am talking about Knott’s Berry Farm! If you don’t know what Knott’s Berry Farm is, then here is the wikipedia page.

Xcelerator Roller Coaster POV Knott's Berry Farm California HD 2014  animated gif

Your task is to…

Propose a new ride for Knott’s Berry Farm

It can be a whole new ride in a new land plot, a replacement of an already existing ride, or even just a slight retheme of a ride already.

Some reminders:
-You can keep it simple! You don’t have to make a full blown 10 page document on the ride. You can do a couple sentences and/or a few pictures. Whatever you feel comfortable with

-Don’t be scared to share your ideas! Every idea is a good idea

-Have fun with it! Don’t be afraid to think outside the box.

Now get to thinkin’!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Day 6

Today we are heading to a park that is just a few miles away from Disneyland in California. I am talking about Knott’s Berry Farm! If you don’t know what Knott’s Berry Farm is, then here is the wikipedia page.

Xcelerator Roller Coaster POV Knott's Berry Farm California HD 2014  animated gif's Berry Farm California HD 2014  animated gif

Your task is to…

It can be a whole new ride in a new land plot, a replacement of an already existing ride, or even just a slight retheme of a ride already.

Some reminders:
-You can keep it simple! You don’t have to make a full blown 10 page document on the ride. You can do a couple sentences and/or a few pictures. Whatever you feel comfortable with

Now get to thinkin’!
I would love a real classic feeling bus bar dark ride added to Camp Snoopy. Peanuts is such a charming and classic IP that would work so well as an old school Fantasyland style C-Ticket.

DashHaber

Day 6

Xcelerator Roller Coaster POV Knott's Berry Farm California HD 2014  animated gif's Berry Farm California HD 2014  animated gif

Your task is to…

Some reminders:

Now get to thinkin’!
Okay, so I'm not super familiar with Knott's Berry Farm. Looking over that wikipedia page, though, I do notice that they have a themed section known as the Boardwalk. So, here's a little midway inspiration...

The Sky-High Striker

bell-at-the-top-of-a-test-your-strength-machine-at-a-victorian-themed-picture-id963834416

Essentially, this would be a space shot-style drop tower for the Boardwalk area themed to the classic "Test Your Strength" game you'd see in a carnival midway. Guests would feel what it's like to be that game, as they're sent high up along the tally marks. Sometimes, they might even reach high enough to trigger a "ding" sound effect, as if they had hit the top. At night, the attraction would be quite the sight to see, with light bulbs all aglow and flashing to grab people's attention.

Chaos Cat

Okay, so I'm not super familiar with Knott's Berry Farm. Looking over that wikipedia page, though, I do notice that they have a themed section known as the Boardwalk. So, here's a little midway inspiration...

The Sky-High Striker

bell-at-the-top-of-a-test-your-strength-machine-at-a-victorian-themed-picture-id963834416

Essentially, this would be a space shot-style drop tower for the Boardwalk area themed to the classic "Test Your Strength" game you'd see in a carnival midway. Guests would feel what it's like to be that game, as they're sent high up along the tally marks. Sometimes, they might even reach high enough to trigger a "ding" sound effect, as if they had hit the top. At night, the attraction would be quite the sight to see, with light bulbs all aglow and flashing to grab people's attention.
You mean this?

maliboomer_2withtrack2002ah.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom