News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Brer Oswald

Here's the quote - these comments were made at the virtual IAAPA expo this morning.

“Guest facing changes, like the reimagining of “Splash Mountain,” have been expedited to ensure that all who visit the company’s parks do feel welcome as well.”

By guests, they mean the 4 attention seeking influencers on DisTwitter and their 200 followers.

Imagine the look on their faces when the replacement isn’t as good as what’s there now. Now you might not have to. 🤣

Sharon&Susan

Here's the quote - these comments were made at the virtual IAAPA expo this morning.

“Guest facing changes, like the reimagining of “Splash Mountain,” have been expedited to ensure that all who visit the company’s parks do feel welcome as well.”

Since SM is the only "guest facing changes" so far, I assume we'll hear more about the other rumored "PC" changes soon (Jungle Cruise, IASW, Peter Pan's Flight, etc.)?

Last edited:

Joshsteve

Hoping they wait to take it down until they finish whatever they're doing with the riverboats. Preferably some time in february.... the last 2 years I've hone, splash has been down in January

Disney Analyst

These inclusion theme that they're trying to promote is great and I'm all for it......

Just make more room for it and don't infringe it on other pre-existing rides.

Disney fans love nostalgia, I get it. I love the classics. But society grows and changes, and so to does Disney and their parks.

I look forward to these changes and no longer cringing at many elements on some of these older attractions. ❤️

Donaldfan1934

I don’t think they’re taking it down that soon. Maybe I’m wrong, but Disney fast is still pretty slow.
To be fair, is Josh D’Amaro really confirming anything we didn’t already know? The announcement itself back in June already expedited everything since they presumably didn’t plan to do so for another year or two.

Last edited:

PostScott

Disney fans love nostalgia, I get it. I love the classics. But society grows and changes, and so to does Disney and their parks.

I look forward to these changes and no longer cringing at many elements on some of these older attractions. ❤️
I love nostalgia yes and I also love inclusion. But not when it feels so pandered to like so many big companies are trying to do these days, it doesn't seem genuine.

The announcement came during the summer where racial tensions were high, but I don't need to get into that, we all know about it. My problem with the splash mountain retheme isn't because it's princess and the frog. It's because it seems so forced and pandered. It's not a coincidence that they announced a retheme during the summer, when money is at an all time low. Even when money was super high back in 2016 when they were building guardians at DCA, the announcement came 10 months in advance. Why is it that splash mountain's announcement is coming years in advance... and the worse thing is that we have no idea when it actually is coming. Maybe I'm wrong and Disney always had in their plans "release splash mountain re-theme summer 2020" on their board for a while, but thats unlikely.

Yes the attractions have to grow and change, but I see no problem in making a new home for the new attractions.

Magic Feather

It’s so discreet nobody can explain it!
I, and many others, have explained it in one of the threads that ended up over in the politics forum.
@Magic Feather Would you be able to shed some light on this?
There's not too much info other than what I believe I've shared before (maybe I didn't; I'm unsure). Expect some rides to get some mild to moderate modifications to remove inherently problematic elements or add slightly more inclusive elements. I doubt we will see any other major wholesale changes along the lines of Splash (potential HoP redo excepted, but even then I think it is less likely to happen).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom