peanuts holiday specials won’t air on tv this year

mf1972

Original Poster
i recently read that none of the peanuts holiday specials will air on tv this year. i believe apple made a deal for the rights & they’ll now air on apple tv.
just to vent, that’s a real bummer for those who don’t belong to apple tv. it’s a shame for families that watch it together as a tradition, etc. 2020 just keeps on giving it seems.
sorry for the mild rant. just like to hear how others feel about it.

erasure fan1

i recently read that none of the peanuts holiday specials will air on tv this year. i believe apple made a deal for the rights & they’ll now air on apple tv.
just to vent, that’s a real bummer for those who don’t belong to apple tv. it’s a shame for families that watch it together as a tradition, etc. 2020 just keeps on giving it seems.
sorry for the mild rant. just like to hear how others feel about it.
It's a tough one for sure. Unfortunately in this world of streaming, content is king. Either apple way overpaid or the networks didn't think the return on investment was worth it. I'll be honest, when I first read the headline, "Peanuts holiday specials won't air..." I immediately thought, oh god what did some lunatic find offensive this time. Cancel culture strikes again. So I'm actually a bit relived it's just this. Lol

5thGenTexan

During the last trip to Walmart we bough the DVD set with The Great Pumpkin, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Charlie Brown shows.

Apple needs consumers more than consumers need Apple. There is always another way. :)

5thGenTexan

I don't know how much Apple TV costs per month, but I'm pretty sure it's less than that.

EDIT: I checked. It's about $5 a month.

I talked about this in another thread regarding Netflix. I live in the country and our internet is a LTE system that isnt horribly reliable. We tried to watch a show on Disney+ plus tonight and gave up. We use Amazon Prime sometimes, but pay for that just for the shipping. Occasionally we can watch programming. Earlier tonight when I checked, we are getting about 5mpbs down and 5 mpbs up, if we are very lucky. Paying a lot for streaming services is not a wise financial move for us.

Another factor. I hate Apple. Its long standing too from back in the early 90s when I was into building computers from components. I could buy stuff all day long to build an IBM clone, but Apple thought themselves too uppity to allow that sort of thing to us peons. So, I have never owned one of their music players, their phones, their watches, and now they can keep their streaming service.

champdisney

But as you said, though, the DVD costs about $20, which isn't cheap.
Beats paying for an AppleTV subscription. Nothing on their streaming service looks remotely interesting.

You can also look at the various “underground” streaming services and watch these holiday specials for free... you didn’t hear this from me. 🤫

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom